A quick and dirty Eielson

Thread: A quick and dirty Eielson

A quick and dirty Eielson

I was'nt intending to do this, it just sort of happen'd, i like'd it and figure'd i'd share . The intention was having somewhere to fly Mafred's supurb B/RB50 from and to play with the Ai version when it appear's. The F-106's are not really the right era but without using port-over's, are as close as i could get. May play around with Ito's F86 Sadar Dog sometime.

A quick and dirty retro job on Eielson, bringing it back to 50's/60's era, using old maps and pics from the net. Not ment to be 100% accuarte but hopfully close enough. there is a traffic file but at the moment just static only, might play around at a latter date.

you'll need----

"MAIW Global Scenery Library Objects (FSX)" You will need to register with MAIW first to accses their Library's

"Hobbs USAAF Base" by Tako_Kichi for his verhicle librarys, find it in SOH FSX scenery library

for Ai aircraft you need----

"jmai_dc4_traffic.zip" by Michael Pearson installed, found over at Avsim

"mpai_f106_traffic.zip" also by Mike Pearson, found at Avsim

Merry Xmas
    Attached Files Attached Files

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Sweet! Time for some high-arctic CAP. Turning into a heck of a Christmas party 'round here!
    Guess I'll have to take a look at some -102's. Ito's? Are there other freeware ones?

Ian
    Very nice work on Eielson. Great little Christmas gift! Thank you very much!
    Cheers

and Merry Christmas!

The Old Master Sergeant
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Santa F-15 (2).jpg  

Ian - looks good thanks I may try to get this working in P3Dv4 if possible.

Lazarus - a native FSX model (can be used in P3Dv4) of the Delta Dagger would be great. Ito had a decent model.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Not sure but to me the scenery looks complete here in this P3Dv4 screen shot. That's a very smoky B-58 prototype taxiing way in the background - on some top secret arctic testing.

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Very nice set up. I might get away with this variety of a/c if this were 1958 (except for the Darts . .).

Looks good from here, cant see anything missing
    It may be a P3D4 issue, but i used the parking code's from the 106's to give them a fighter ramp at the south of the airfield and larger aircraft further up the flight line, in your screens, the parking code's dont seem to be recognized, a bit of a mixture of large and small with some almost touching wing tips. As i dont have P3D4, im not sure how to cure that. nice screens though

102's are all well and good, but dont forget Rob Richardson has given us a very fine freeware 106

PS, there should be an update of the scenery soon, cant stop playing with it

Ian,
    please ignore the parking anomalies as I must use Rob's Darts as they are FSX native models and have different parking codes set up for them that I have yet to match to yours and also space out parking spots for the -47's and-36's.

Thanks Expat, i'd forgotten about that, Mike's 106's were originally for FS9. Enjoy

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    ....That's a very smoky B-58 prototype taxiing way in the background - on some top secret arctic testing.

That's what that was! I though somebody was barbecuing Muktuk, or a seal had caught on fire

What would cause after all this time the hangars and buildings all not to show up now in P3Dv4 when they did back in 2017? I have the MAIW FSX Libraries (up to date) and PAEI scenery above this in the scenery library. Just did a fresh download of Ian's scenery and in ADE there are no buidlings or models. It all seemed to work before. Some now seems to require scenery library objects that used to port over to P3Dv4 from FSX OK to now first need converting with MCX to show up. Can be a lot of extra work! Any thoughts?

. . . actually I just recently converted the whole MAIW FSX Library Scenery Objects to P3Dv4 using MCX which are added into the ADE Library Objects Manager. Had to do this to get the MAIW objects to show up in P3Dv4 at another DIY base (Ramey TJBQ) which took a lot of time to place but has come out quite well. It's strange when the sim just changes its configuration on its own like this.

SOH-CM-2023
    MAIW (Military AI Works) has FSX and up compatible AI F-102's
    You can't take the sky from me...

Got them Brian, thanks. And also thanks for the recent steer on MCX with the HJG C-135 variants - been having some success with editing animations.

Members who have read this thread: 0