Contra-prop toys for the SOH boys and girls

Thread: Contra-prop toys for the SOH boys and girls

Members +
    Blog Entries

Contra-prop toys for the SOH boys and girls

Naughty or nice-not my job
    Merry Christmas.

Attachment 56556Attachment 56557

PD Shackleton Mr.2's and AEW.2. Still want to do a bit of tuning up.
    Robert kindly donated some spare Shack props and spinners from his MR.3, it uses the Mr.3 VC and sounds, too.
    I butched out a set of observer bubbles to replace the missing ones, the animation assignments have not changed.
    All three variants of Paul Fosters classic tail dragger.
    Drive link : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BR...g93NWbvK8F0get

Attachment 56558
    Mr. Ito's BP.100- Never made it off the drawing board, but who doesn't like a Griffon and contraprop pusher canard?
    Goes like hell, not sure the ventral rad would have been a great idea for a ground attack machine. Quite a nice little model from the master.
    I wonder what the naming convention would have been had it been ordered to production? The Boulton-Paul Blender?
    Drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10a...iKuPNK-KHE2C34

Happy hoho

Thank you very much and a Merry Christmas to you as well!
    (I'm on the nice list but I'm pretty sure it was due to a clerical error)

Thanks for those, but I did notice a couple issues.

First with the P.100, there are no gauges, the panel.cfg refers to gauges including p51d and BF109e that do not appear to be standard issue.

Secondly they both alias "Avro Shackleton MR3\sound" which Robs Mk3 itself aliases "P51_Racer\sound", which only exists if you have FSXA installed.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Well, gosh! Probably shouldn't upload loaded. Hell- had a coconut full of shaved ice and rum for breakfast. Forgot the gauges- and the shackleton...most folks have put in a better sound pack to replace the stock mustang by now. A sound alias is a pretty basic hack.
    I think the BP.100 uses default gauges or ones so common that most every one has the gauges in the gauge file- it's an FSX compatible panel- I don't even think it came with any gauges, and the panel went just fine when I ran it right before U/L.
    What's the little disclaimer say...'some assembly required'. Ain't Christmas without rooting in the junk drawer for batteries.

Thank you very much for the Shackletons Lazarus, I can find a suitable soundset or two without any difficulty. I think it's great you take such pains to update these British classics for us.

Gary Jones released a Shackleton Soundset available on Flightsim.com.

Regards Paul Day.

...and a blender full of a Merry Christmas to you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Well, gosh!
    What's the little disclaimer say...'some assembly required'. Ain't Christmas without rooting in the junk drawer for batteries.

Sometimes the best part of a prezzy is the assembly ...

Members +
    Blog Entries
    P.100 gauges, the F-16HUD and AP, those are really common- I'd expect most folks have those lurking in their installs.
    This is the P51, Me109 and P38 gauge files, probably not too esoteric.
    Search, 'Garry Jones' for the sound pack, as noted above.

Attachment 56571

Looking through the files, remembered another old fav that was converted up a while back, fits thematically...Though I have no idea
    how contraprops are thematically related to Christmas, other than there's a lot of rum and blender action on this end of the mojo wire.
    A bit dated, but holds up very well, Eugene Heyart's Merlin- sort of a giant, twin Shinden.
    Loads of fun, and I have to go back and look at his PZL super steam Otters- everybody loves those.

Attachment 56572

Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1uI...Hpj0p85jt9VT4A

Members who have read this thread: 0