Vehicle initialization has failed....

Thread: Vehicle initialization has failed....

Vehicle initialization has failed....

So, wanted to delete the F22 Raptor from the directory, as it's not a very good model and didn't need an abundance of hangar queens residing in my HDD. I stared P3D a few times after installing all addons for now, without a hiccup. I then got the following message:

"Vehicle initialization has failed for: F-22 Raptor - 525th Fighter Squadron. You will now be placed in visualization only mode." Then I get also the Windows Prepar3D exe has stopped working window and it all closes out.

Anyone else had this pop up before? I am hoping I do not have to do a complete install just to fix the one missing aircraft. Has anyone deleted unwanted aircraft files in P3D yet? I assume its no different than FSX.

Thanks
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

The problem probably is that the default flight uses the F-22. The sim starts by loading the default flight, then it can not find the plane it's looking for. You can try to run the repair mode of P3D by rerunning the setup.exe and see if it will bring back the F-22.

If you successfully repair your install and still need to delete the F-22, make sure you create a different default flight using another aircraft before doing that.

Blog Entries
    Since I only fly one or possibly two skin paints of a model. I make them Favorites. I then select Only Show Favorites. This way I am not inundated with hundreds of models and paints. Only when I install a new aircraft do I turn off the Show Only Favorites.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

in C:\Users\YOUR ID\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 delete the Prepar3d_Default.fxml and prepar3d_default.wx.

Jorge

Thanks for all the great replies guys. I will give this a go when I get home tonight.

Aeronautica, what does your command line do specifically to the sim? I am a bit slow on what specific command lines do as witnessed by deleting the default aircraft without assigning a new one......(Homer palm plant on forehead....)

Matt

Matt that is no command line it is the directory path to where the default flight info is kept , those files can be safely deleted and p3d will create new ones . but I just realized that if you deleted the F22 the problem will persist , what you can do is do a repair of content , that will bring the f22 back.
    Go to where you have your downloaded P3D files right click on Install_Content.msi and select repair.

Jorge

Quote Originally Posted by aeronauta View Post
    Matt that is no command line it is the directory path to where the default flight info is kept , those files can be safely deleted and p3d will create new ones . but I just realized that if you deleted the F22 the problem will persist , what you can do is do a repair of content , that will bring the f22 back.
    Go to where you have your downloaded P3D files right click on Install_Content.msi and select repair.

Jorge
    Thanks Jorge. I will indeed do so once I get home in a few hours. Thanks for the tip.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    You can try to run the repair mode of P3D by rerunning the setup.exe and see if it will bring back the F-22.

If you successfully repair your install and still need to delete the F-22, make sure you create a different default flight using another aircraft before doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by aeronauta View Post
    ................................., what you can do is do a repair of content , that will bring the f22 back.

Jorge
    Does anyone know if the REPAIR option will totally bork my scenery add-ons, specifically the Orbx files that took almost 3 days to reinstall and update?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Matt

You can reinstall the client and the content without borking addon scenery.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    You can reinstall the client and the content without borking addon scenery.
    LOL, I see what you did, mocking me a bit......it's ok, I deserve it for messing up my install. Great scenery by the way...loved what I saw initially of Germany. However, bad news, just tried the Install_Client.msi....same error message. Can anyone tell me the path to the startup menu? Perhaps I can manually input another object as the default....hoping.

Matt

I think you first have to uninstall content and then reinstall it. Same with client. Uninstall is through the windows add-remove programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    I think you first have to uninstall content and then reinstall it. Same with client. Uninstall is through the windows add-remove programs.
    Well, Install_Client worked, but Install_Content will not install and gives a new error message. Thoughts?

Matt

Eureka!

I think I got her fixed.......just needed to copy the cont1.msi and cont2msi file into the C:\Users\YOUR ID\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and voila! It works again.

Now, to give her a run down. Thanks for everything guys and I hope this helps anyone in the future that errantly deletes without backing up their primary default aircraft.

Matt

well, it runs....

It does indeed run again, however, not without issues. It seems than my scenery has changed somehow. While I realize the scenery folder is a separate folder, my PNW now looks very flat, almost photoreal without the buildings, grass textures are gone and KTCM appears to be missing some buildings that were in the original Orbx build.

Is it now time to uninstall and reinstall all my Orbx data? Is there some sort of folder or files I should check? I will post some screenshots tomorrow after work, just sort of tired of messing with my mess for the night. Thanks all.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    LOL, I see what you did, mocking me a bit
    Hello,
    apologies, I only used your own word, that's all. I had no intention to mock, it's not what I do, sorry if you felt offended.
    Based on my own experience, I uninstalled the client without removing the P3D licence and then reinstalled it.
    I have done this four times so far without adversely affecting anything added to the simulator.
    I have also uninstalled and then reinstalled the content, again with no adverse effect.

I see that it has now been posted that you can simply run a repair, it seems to have gone into the wrong topic,
    so here is a link for you.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1114102
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello,
    apologies, I only used your own word, that's all. I had no intention to mock, it's not what I do, sorry if you felt offended.
    Based on my own experience, I uninstalled the client without removing the P3D licence and then reinstalled it.
    I have done this four times so far without adversely affecting anything added to the simulator.
    I have also uninstalled and then reinstalled the content, again with no adverse effect.

I see that it has now been posted that you can simply run a repair, it seems to have gone into the wrong topic,
    so here is a link for you.
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1114102
    Nick, please never feel a need to apologize for anything in my book. To me, you and your team are icons in my book, pushing simulated environment boundaries. I promise you, as a career Infantryman, one will indeed know when I am offended, but perhaps that's also my Irish background muddled with a bunch of less refined gents I grew up with in the Army.

Now, I just have to figure out what to do about the scenery files, unless the link you sent addresses that in particular. Truly love the Orbx stuff and luckily I have no wife to micromanage my budget for your items....she would divorce me or ask for a big diamond ring.

Matt

Have you opened FTX Central, to let it initialize the OrbX sceneries ?
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Have you opened FTX Central, to let it initialize the OrbX sceneries ?
    Sue
    Is that not done when I download the files via FTX Central?

Matt

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    If you wish to delete the Raptor you first need to load it into your default location then choose an aircraft you wish to use as a default aircraft. Do the same with the airport you wish to use as a default airport. Having done this hit the ; key and when the dialogue box opens type in the location for example my default location is written like this: New South Wales Coffs Harbour Parking spot #3. I have the Carenado C-172 Skyhawk G1000 as my default aircraft.

After you have set up your new default aircraft and location then you can delete the Raptor.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Is that not done when I download the files via FTX Central?
    Not if you reinstalled your content. you need to open up FTX, let it initialize, and set your insertion points.
    Sue

Not if you reinstalled your content. you need to open up FTX, let it initialize, and set your insertion points.
    Sue
    Sue,

Apologies for my confusion, but what do you mean by set my insertion points? Since I migrated my FSS purchases over to FTX Central, I needed to download and reinstall all my library over the course of a few days and very long downloads. However, when I started FTX Central after the Global and Regional installs (as I had done before FTX Central appeared..), there was no mention of insertion points of any sort of initialization, sans the regular P3D menu doing it's changes. Does that make sense? Did I miss a step perhaps?

Matt

Yes - and a very important one.

Nick Cooper

• Orbx Team
    • Administrators
    • 15,876 posts
    • Order #:N/A

Posted Sunday at 01:29 AM

Go to the FTX Central settings page and using the insertion point tool,
    set your FTX and OLC icons like this and click on Save.

Yes - and a very important one.

Nick Cooper

• Orbx Team
    • Administrators
    • 15,876 posts
    • Order #:N/A

Posted Sunday at 01:29 AM

Go to the FTX Central settings page and using the insertion point tool,
    set your FTX and OLC icons like this and click on Save.

Ahhhh, I get your meaning now....yes, indeed I performed that function as I was selecting to install each of the add on's. Sorry for the confusion, I thought you meant something else.

I have ordered a 2 TB SSD HD, as per GMan's suggestion, to dedicate specifically to P3D and all of it's scenery. I have also figured out a way to connect directly to my router and achieve much higher download speeds, should I need to reload any Orbx files again. Once the SSD arrives, I will post an update. Also, I will post a pic of my terrain outside of KTCM (McChord) in the PNW Orbx region, to see if maybe I am just being too harsh a critic of what it should look like.

Thanks all for your suggestions thus far. One thing I have always admired about SOH is their community is extremely helpful.

Matt

So, wanted to delete the F22 Raptor from the directory, as it's not a very good model and didn't need an abundance of hangar queens residing in my HDD. I stared P3D a few times after installing all addons for now, without a hiccup. I then got the following message:
    "Vehicle initialization has failed for: F-22 Raptor - 525th Fighter Squadron. You will now be placed in visualization only mode."
    Hello

I see your sorted now.

This specific error In your case by deleting the default Raptor would Indeed give you this Issue as the simobjects.cfg file would be trying to call this plane and not getting a response as you had deleted it from the root folder. By running a repair on the Prepar3D v4 Content (Control Panel) or the Install_Content.msi this action would and did return the default Raptor for you.

If you had (for example) deleted the default Raptor and not understanding what you had done, then you tried to manually edit the simobjetcs.cfg file only to realize that repairing the Content componont does in fact return the default Raptor again, At this stage you would have to undo the edit you made to the simobjects.cfg file or you would have the same error again only this time the situation would be visa vera, A raptor in place but a wrong simobjects.cfg entry. You could also just delete this file and let Prepar3D generate a default file when launched next, Once of course the default Raptor was back in the root folder.

-------------------

For other folks reading this......

With Prepar3D v3, Mostly the "Visualization mode error" was caused by either a corrupt simobjects.cfg or a corrupt VehicleFavorites.xml file. The simobjects.cfg file can of course be manually repaired if you know how but really its just simpler and quicker to delete this generated file and launch Prepar3D and test. The VehicleFavorites.xml file is not there by default and will only generate when you save your first vehicle, this file can also cause this error and can be repaired by deleting it and Launch Prepar3D and test

With the release of Prepar3D v4 this is also the same but some Users reported a similar error "No preview" on the Scenario page when Installing non compatible Add On's into the core Prepar3D v4 folder, Some users resolved this by repairing the Content component, others resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the Content

------------------------

On the basis that it is just a corrupt simobjects.cfg or a corrupt VehicleFavorites.xml file here is a Short Video of repairing this error in motion

Also if you look at the Video description and click SHOW MORE, You will see details on how to locate these files quickly
    Elaine

Members who have read this thread: 0