FR DC-4 Repaint request

Thread: FR DC-4 Repaint request

FR DC-4 Repaint request

Anybody given any thought to doing the fictional TOPAC DC-4 from the John Wayne Classic movie "The High and the Mighty?" One of Ernest K. Gann's better stories and should be a part of every airplane lover's library. The real DC-4 was operated by Transocean and later lost due to an engine fire between Honolulu and Los Angeles. I believe it was operated by a different Line at the time of that accident.

Is anybody working on either a Pan AM or PSA paint for this beauty?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Request for PAA & United Liveries

This is a long worded request for a late 40's/early 50's repaint of PAA & United Air Lines.

About a month before Mike released his C-54/DC-4 I started the 1947 "Round the World" schedule, Flight #4, with PAA. This left New York and proceeded through Europe using a Connie (I used the A2A L049) until it arrived in Calcutta...whereby the passengers were transferred to a DC-4, after staying overnight, for the balance of the trip to KSFO. So now I have 44 passengers and a crew in Calcutta with no PAA DC-4 to get them out. Would really appreciate someone doing a PAA repaint for that era so I can get everyone home. Than I need the UAL repaint to get them from KSFO back home to New York (PAA was not authorized to fly passengers between these cities in 1947).

Thank you very much.

Members who have read this thread: 0