Question about ORBX Object Flow 2 open beta ?

Thread: Question about ORBX Object Flow 2 open beta ?

Question about ORBX Object Flow 2 open beta ?

My patience is growing thinner and thinner as I get older . I have resolved to the fact of waiting for the finished dll to come out but am very tempted to opt into the Object Flow 2 beta . Really miss all the bells and whistles the object flow brings plus especially being able to load the added payware ORBX airports through FTX Central . Question , anyone here in the Object Flow 2 beta and running very smoothly other few problems with scenery etc ?

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

I was just over at the Orbx forum and signed up for fast lane. I may try the beta as the final release looks imminent and it should be more or less the same.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    My patience is growing thinner and thinner as I get older . I have resolved to the fact of waiting for the finished dll to come out but am very tempted to opt into the Object Flow 2 beta . Really miss all the bells and whistles the object flow brings plus especially being able to load the added payware ORBX airports through FTX Central . Question , anyone here in the Object Flow 2 beta and running very smoothly other few problems with scenery etc ?

Rich
    I have been using the "opt-in" open beta for some time now. I have not been to all of the airports I have but where I have been have all been fine. I have not experienced any negative issues. I too ran out of patience and am happy I took it up. I will however be happy when the final comes out. :-)

Decided to Opt In the Object Flow 2 Beta . Installation of the ORBX airports was fast and flawless . Have not checked all airports but no problems yet . Just was wondering if we have to Opt Out of the beta when the final Object Flow gets here or will the FTX Central automatically install the new final over the beta when we log into FTX Central ?

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

No problems here either and I get to enjoy my airports again.

I finally gave up waiting for ORBX to get the dll out of beta and opted in last week. So far I've checked the following airports:

77S
    KRDD
    O85
    KFOT
    KTVL
    KSTS
    KMRY
    KPSP
    KSEZ
    KTEX
    KEGE

They all work fine with nary a glitch. The only problem airport for me is KBLU... with crash detection on in the sim, loading any flight at Blue Canyon causes an aircraft crash. Also, the static traffic is hit and miss and of course the objects (including people) aren't flowing . It's companion airports, 2O1 and CA21 work fine. I still have several airports in the NW U.S. to check but I'm confident they'll be fine (others at the ORBX forums have checked them before me).

I've not noticed any ill effects from running the beta dll in 4.1 (never installed it in 4.0).

HTH,

Greg
    i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X driving a 27" 2K LCD, G.Skill 16GB 3600, Samsung 512GB 970 Pro NVMe (OS and P3Dv4) and WD 2TB Black, Win 10 Pro.

Re crashing at KBLU, I get that too in v4, but in fact I think I was getting that in FSX as well. I found I didn't need to turn off
    crash detection entirely, I just needed to move the crash tolerance slider down to 50%, and that solves the KBLU problem.
    Everything else I can leave at "Hard" realism settings.

Re the beta state of OF2, one lingering problem is that a very small minority of users are reporting stutters with OF2 on,
    and of course I'm one of that small minority. But the Orbx devs are looking into it. Fortunately, I've found that most of
    my Orbx airports are still very flyable with OF2 disabled (although they may look a bit dead, like it's early morning an a
    bank holiday), and so far those I've found that absolutely require OF2 (like ENNK Narvik) have no stutters with OF2 on.
    Oh well, as said, it's being looked into.

- Rob

Members who have read this thread: 0