Flight Replica's J-3 Cub Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replica's J-3 Cub Released

SOH-CM-2024
    She's swell Mike, going to take it on a dedicated flight tomorrow, too tired right now, gonna watch the NASCAR Truck race at Daytona and may fall asleep during that.

Caz

Excellent! :ernae:

Tom Constantine
    -------------------
    TOH Forums
    http://mainescenery.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    I should also mention that there is an alternative prop texture in the texture folders, for those who like the blurred-blade look - which can also be used on the L-4.

Mike
    That's awesome, and I wish other devs did this. I really can't stand the the props that look like they come from a still photograph. I'm all about the blurred disk.
    Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem Quad @ 4.2GHz
    EVGA GTX260 216 710/2500MHz
    OCZ Platinum CL7 6GB
    EVGA Intel X58

Got it from simmarket, thanks Mike!!! You made my weekend:ernae:

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

Master of Disaster
    Ain't she fun GB? I think so! I traded in my Jug for a Cub to do some "peaceful" non-war type flying! :whistle: Headed North to visit some of my relatives in Scotland (The Bruces). Looking forward to some Northern Highlands scenery!
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

pointy31
    Just took an early afternoon putt around KARA...great airplane, thanks Mike...:ernae:

pointy31
    I like the Flitfire so much that I took it to Oshkosh ...:ernae:

pointy31
    Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    looks good with those spats

It am good!....

pointy31
    Back home...:ernae:

Ain't she fun GB?
    Simply great!!! I like the Flitfire, too, will be doing some great slow and low with the pack. Still wondering where to use the ski-version, I am fed up with winter outside, so I try to avaoid it in the sim, too.

Alex
    Dont grow up! ... Itīs a trap!

gajit
    Anyone seen any repaints around?

Quote Originally Posted by gajit View Post
    Doing a dirty one now.
    Going from 32 bit to DXT5 in the process. They are still 2048 in size but load faster and have better frames. This is only slightly dirty.
    Joe Watson
    Lake Placid, Florida

Trying to resist purchases for a month or two but this will push me over the edge
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Are you thinking what I think you're thinking? (The L4 is a five sheeter, so double res is enough )

Mike, lovely looker! As I am back on the list of employed folk again as from next month, this is definitely on my buy list.

I shan't be reviewing this one simply because I AM on the employed roll again and I am in the middle of packing and moving. I am looking forward to spending money again!

This one OR the A2A one? Both! You can't have enough small planes in your hangar. Tubes and fast movers? :
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

My paints can now be found on my website

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Trying to resist purchases for a month or two but this will push me over the edge
    I know what you mean Roger. My wife bought "One-Six Right" for me for Valentines Day and since watching it I find it getting harder and harder to resist the Cub.

Darrell

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by CBris View Post
    Are you thinking what I think you're thinking? (The L4 is a five sheeter, so double res is enough )

Mike, lovely looker! As I am back on the list of employed folk again as from next month, this is definitely on my buy list.

I shan't be reviewing this one simply because I AM on the employed roll again and I am in the middle of packing and moving. I am looking forward to spending money again!

This one OR the A2A one? Both! You can't have enough small planes in your hangar. Tubes and fast movers? :
    Pleased to hear that you have got work - but it was good to think that my taxes would at least go to support someone i liked!!

ROFL... I don't think Messrs Brown and Darling would be happy with me getting UK dole. Mind you, the German economy would have been happier. (Expat, see )

Like your dog btw. My black Labby wen't to the great kennel in the sky last week
    Greetings from Chris Brisland a.k.a. "Eagleskinner" a.k.a. "Dances with brushes" a.k.a. "Old One-Eye". I've not come unravelled yet and I am painting again.

gajit
    Like your dog btw. My black Labby wen't to the great kennel in the sky last week
    So sorry to hear - Barney is laying next to me in office - hes 11. Mrs and I are dreading that day.

SOH-CM-2024
    ROFL... I don't think Messrs Brown and Darling would be happy with me getting UK dole. Mind you, the German economy would have been happier. (Expat, see )

Then you need another dog Chris. I never lose one that i do not have a new dog in a month or so. I have a Chocolate lab now, lovely old girl going on 10 years old. Lost my Australian Shepard after 16 years and didn;t think i would ever find one as devoted. Wrong, the lab is the tamest dog i have ever owned, just a bundle of love. But she loves the wet like all labs, will sleep in the rain, never understood it.

Don't think Mike has a paint kit for it, but I do not see why one could not adapt the L-4 kit for the purposes with a little cutting and pasting of the fuselage and top center wing section to make a kit.

Caz

Guess what - Sam was water shy and we live on an island (I'm only in Germany to work and get money to buy the sackfuls of doggy food).

We've got three more dogs still - the girls that Sam found (Ronja and Greedy) aged 36 hours old in a plastic bag. Greek island life can be tough on unwanted dogs. And then there's Floki (as in Flocati rug - all woolly... a barking sheep) who wandered into our lives one day and decided that we looked like suckers. Hah! Little did she know she would get the sheep-shearer treatment...

What - no PK for the Cub. Mike! For shame! OK folks - easy to do... take the plainest version (prolly flitfire) and create 24 bit copies of each tex sheet. Open em in your painter prog, reduce to greyscales and reduce contrast / lighten.

As far as overpainting lettering - use clone brushes.

If no one has done by the time I get back into simming, I'll get to it. Or as Cazzie says - use the L4 if it fits.

Gajit, Sam was (only 12 1/2) but had cancer and also had been poisoned by Greeks several times in his life. I used to go for 'walkies' armed with Atropine ampules and sick makers and a bandolier of syringes. It's hard to stop a dog snapping up something that smells so tasty and Sam's habit was just so hard to break when he put his head to it. At least our pups are all loved. It's great going home on hols and watching the girls (the four legged ones) doing backflips when they see me... Wifey is just "Oh, it's you - the list of things to repair is on the fridge"

gajit
    Chris - i have gotta say that if i were a developer I would give you my FSX products as your repaints create so much free advertising accross the different sites.

There have been many an aircraft I have bought because of seeing your work.

Keep it up! And thanks for sharing:ernae:

pointy31
    Guess what - Sam was water shy and we live on an island (I'm only in Germany to work and get money to buy the sackfuls of doggy food).

We've got three more dogs still - the girls that Sam found (Ronja and Greedy) aged 36 hours old in a plastic bag. Greek island life can be tough on unwanted dogs. And then there's Floki (as in Flocati rug - all woolly... a barking sheep) who wandered into our lives one day and decided that we looked like suckers. Hah! Little did she know she would get the sheep-shearer treatment...

What - no PK for the Cub. Mike! For shame! OK folks - easy to do... take the plainest version (prolly flitfire) and create 24 bit copies of each tex sheet. Open em in your painter prog, reduce to greyscales and reduce contrast / lighten.

As far as overpainting lettering - use clone brushes.

If no one has done by the time I get back into simming, I'll get to it. Or as Cazzie says - use the L4 if it fits.

Gajit, Sam was (only 12 1/2) but had cancer and also had been poisoned by Greeks several times in his life. I used to go for 'walkies' armed with Atropine ampules and sick makers and a bandolier of syringes. It's hard to stop a dog snapping up something that smells so tasty and Sam's habit was just so hard to break when he put his head to it. At least our pups are all loved. It's great going home on hols and watching the girls (the four legged ones) doing backflips when they see me... Wifey is just "Oh, it's you - the list of things to repair is on the fridge"

This has been around, and is oh so true...:ernae:

A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment. <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour. <O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>When you open the trunk, which is really happy to see you?<O:P></O:P>

gajit
    Quote Originally Posted by pointy31 View Post
    This has been around, and is oh so true...:ernae:

A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment. <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour. <O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>When you open the trunk, which is really happy to see you?<O:P></O:P>

Are you trying to get me killed?!!?!??

pointy31
    Are you trying to get me killed?!!?!??

Tell her it was just a joke.....