I just noticed something on the VRS web site....

Thread: I just noticed something on the VRS web site....

I just noticed something on the VRS web site....

I was visiting the VRS web site and noticed this....

I'm trying not to get too excited, but.....

Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Well that's welcome news!
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Indeed excellent news!

That would be awesome. Half of my addons are waiting patiently for this.

now if I only could use it with the dev version.... this has been buggging me ever since....
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Mark - roger-wilco-66,

I asked LM today about having an academic 64 bit version as one of my two developer licenses, they use the words activations on their website...I also have a 32 bit academic license, waiting to see what they say.

Can't wait to see what the 64 bit tacpack does.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Thanks for this notice. Hopefully the F/A-18F Rhino will coming around soon as well.

It's been my opinion that they were going to hold off on the x64 version of Tacpack to coincide with the release of the F/A-18F.

It makes sense from a marketing perspective.... if they released the new Tacpack before the Rhino was ready, people might spend their money on competitors v4 ready aircraft instead of waiting for the F/A-18F. Also, by releasing both at the same time, they can offer a "bundle" for people to buy both at a slight discount.

Quote Originally Posted by simulloyd View Post
    Thanks for this notice. Hopefully the F/A-18F Rhino will coming around soon as well.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Great news! Id like to know something about the price for users TacPack FSX/P3Dv1-3. We will have any discounted price or we must pay full price again (third time)?
    For sure, it "must to have" for me but it colud be nice to have any discount....
    Last edited by YoYo; October 4th, 2017 at 01:11.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    Mark - roger-wilco-66,

I asked LM today about having an academic 64 bit version as one of my two developer licenses, they use the words activations on their website...I also have a 32 bit academic license, waiting to see what they say.

Hi Jim,

interesting idea! I know that the dev license covers two running copies. But I don't need or use two identical installations. Would be great if the second one could cover the academic version

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    Mark - roger-wilco-66,

That would be great, but I'm not sure it's going to fly since the way LM has currently structured their product tiers prohibits simultaneous installation of professional and academic clients of the same version. It may be simply too complicated to do what you've asked for the payback. Far easier I would think to get VRS to allow TacPack to work with the Pro license (maybe somebody can explain to me why they're only allowed to work in an Academic install?)
    Your English is better than my French, German, Italian, Spanish.... so no worries my friends!

Quote Originally Posted by simulloyd View Post
    thats all i want, i dont care about dropping stuff, I just want a decent hornet and hopefully a 2 seater too

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    That would be great, but I'm not sure it's going to fly since the way LM has currently structured their product tiers prohibits simultaneous installation of professional and academic clients of the same version. It may be simply too complicated to do what you've asked for the payback. Far easier I would think to get VRS to allow TacPack to work with the Pro license (maybe somebody can explain to me why they're only allowed to work in an Academic install?)
    because the pro version comes with its own weapons system that LM is holding onto all the rights to

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    because the pro version comes with its own weapons system that LM is holding onto all the rights to
    It was my understanding that the only difference between academic, pro and developer is the watermark, pro-plus has the weapon system.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Strikes me as a myopic policy as it drives users who should be and would be happy to purchase a Pro license to an Academic one... The start of that slippery slope into a dark life of cyber crime!

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    It was my understanding that the only difference between academic, pro and developer is the watermark, pro-plus has the weapon system.
    You understand correctly. Only Pro-Plus has the weapons system.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Blog Entries
    If I remember correctly, VRS was going to charge a significantly higher amount for the professional version of TACPAC. I think they wanted to compete in the military circles. If they allowed the academic version of TACPAC to run on PD3 Pro, these buyers might just purchase the cheaper version, denying VRS proper revenues.

As a former real world pilot I had originally purchased the Pro version. After VRS's decision, I was forced to buy the academic version. Fortunately, for me, I can get around the conundrum through my association with a non-profit pilot training organization.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Yea, they told me as much. Oh well, I don't understand it either. I'll drop my pro version and go back to the academic and buy another machine. VRS builds a 64 bit version of tacpack and the hornet I'm buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by odourboy View Post
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Members who have read this thread: 0