This Can Ruin Everybody's Fun Of Creating & Post Screenshots
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Can Ruin Everybody's Fun Of Creating & Post Screenshots

Angry This Can Ruin Everybody's Fun Of Creating & Post Screenshots

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Photobucket had made important announcement 2 days ago that could potentially ruin everybody's fun of creating and posting screenshots.

PhotoBucket now charges $399 for third-party hosted images.

Here is new rule for Photobucket: Free account : Each individual Member gets one free account that provides 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. [font color="e63d19"]The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting[/font]. If a free account Member exceeds their Content Limit, their account will be immediately suspended and they will need to become a “Paying Member” (defined below) in order to continue accessing their account. You can upgrade to a Plus account at any time.

Photobucket's new pricing system:

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does [font color="e62c19"]not allow [/font]any image linking or 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but [font color="e62c19"]not allow [/font] 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

Here is the link for specific explanations by computer analyst experts as seen on this link:

https://www.ghacks.net/2017/06/30/ph...hosted-images/

This is going to destroy flightsimmers' important hobby of creating beautiful screenshots. Guess I will have to look for another very reliable and superb photo image hosting site. Shesshhhhh.

Regards,

Aharon

I just got an email to say all my linked images here and on a photography forum have all been disabled. Time to look for a new host.
    Larry

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Thanks for the heads-up. Just cancelled my subscription and am now deleting all my images.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I'd recommend https://postimage.io/

Very easy to use and free.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Yeah me too... frustrating but now am using Flikr until they do the same lol
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

This should not stop you from creating beautiful screen shots. It only prevents you from storing them outside of your PC. Plenty of other hosting sites to choose from.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

The first and only advisory I received read like a ransom wear threat. My photos have been locked and I cannot access them because of my abuse of storage limits (I had 589 MB of photos, all FSX, all accumulated over several years) and 3rd party hosting. If I want access to my photos I must sign up for a payware account for $59.99 per year!

WOW! Goes from free to ransom wear hijack in less that 60 seconds!!!

Sure does ruin a lot of threads here.

PB account deleted and now on fsfiles.org
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

I suppose they haven't got round to me yet, since the screenshots I've posted here are still here. Photobucket has become slower and slower in the past year with ever more intrusive adverts on each page but if free account users may not post links to their pictures on forums like this, Photobucket should remove the means to do so from their pages. If they have genuinely revoked this privilege for free account holders then that's their decision, as using other services will be ours.

Smell of cordite and sore feet?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

imgur is easy, free, allows you to resize and edit your pics for forum use and ad free...no stupid popups http://imgur.com
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Flickr...they copyright your images as well.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Blog Entries
    I switched to Flickr a couple of years ago...until they go ransom (subscription) I suppose the photos I've posted will be OK.

I know I have the option of pro bono cloud storage available in areas I have not used yet. Looks like the trend towards marginalizing free storage is accelerating.

I was fortunate enough to acquire 3DS Max before they went purely subscription based, and I don't subscribe to Adobe clouds. Old school I guess.

As far as Photobucket goes...all of my screenies are backed up on external drive, so if I need to do any post ransom damage control, I'll still have options.

Two thumbs down on PB for this one.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Flickr...they copyright your images as well.
    Yeah...that's another conversation entirely. I'll refrain from commentary out of respect for our EULA!!!!
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I have not received any notification from them yet, but will make sure my current backup matches the images I have on PhotoBucket just in case.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Hummm... Fake news ?

I have a free account at PB, with many images linked on several forums, and everything is still up working. No notification either.

I wish it is fake news but unfortunately it is NOT.

Which one is better for screenshots? Flickr or Imgur? I post an average of 40 or 50 screenshots per post on various aviation forums.

Is Flickr owned by Yahoo?

Anyone who has not received such announcement, if you go to Photobucket, you will see new service of notice on top of screen and when you click on it, it takes you to new service of notice containing new rules and new pricing rates.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post
    Hummm... Fake news ?

I have a free account at PB, with many images linked on several forums, and everything is still up working. No notification either.
    It may not have happened yet .... but it will eventually. Once your bandwidth usage from remote views hits their limit...WHAMMO...no more linked images and the ransom demand to have them displayed again.
    Larry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Is Flickr owned by Yahoo?
    Verizon/Yahoo/Flicker...as far as I know it happened Q1 this year, but I would need to look deeper to state that as absolute fact.
    Thomas Jefferson

Don't understand what's happen here so far: This is currently the state I found on PB:

http://photobucket.com/pricing

So please help me to get it clear - in my case, I have 2 GB for free, means currently still 6% of aviable free size. Furthermore, the pricing on this site shows 6$/month up to 52!!!!GB and so on. Where do I have to expect problems, please?
    Best regards, Manfred.

Everybody these days seems to have their hand out. From the top down Now it has been mandated up here we must tip 20% in restaurants etc. No options. Well I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this any more https://youtu.be/dib2-HBsF08
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Don't understand what's happen here so far So please help me to get it clear - in my case, I have 2 GB for free, means currently still 6% of aviable free size. Furthermore, the pricing on this site shows 6$/month up to 52!!!!GB and so on. Where do I have to expect problems, please?
    Let me repeat in my original post showing conditions clearly stated in red font:

Free account : 2 GB of free storage or space available for your original photo files, or videos under 10min. The free account does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting

o Plus 50 Plan: 52 GB of Storage for $59.99 / Year. The Plus 50 Plan does not allow any image linking or 3rd party image hosting

o Plus 100 Plan: 102 GB of Storage for $99.99 / Year. The Plus 100 Plan allows for unlimited image linking but does not allow 3rd party image hosting.

o Plus 500 Plan: 500 GB of Storage and unlimited bandwidth for $399.99 / Year. The Plus 500 Plan allows for unlimited image linking and unlimited 3rd party image hosting.

PC Magazine is reporting on this news item with screaming headline "Photobucket breaks Image Links across the Internet"

Here is the article:

https://www.pcmag.com/news/354711/ph...s-the-internet

Has anyone tried google photo's?

After reading this this I am glad I run my own website and can hide my photos there.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    fsfiles.org
    Absolutely 100%!!!!

This isn't going to hurt screenshot hosting at all, it's just going to make people choose a different host. If you're not archiving the photos under your own account for personal use, you can even throw them on Imgur without even logging in.

Members who have read this thread: 0