Anyone working on a payware Gulfstream?
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone working on a payware Gulfstream?

Anyone working on a payware Gulfstream?

This looks so nice!

Would be a great addition to FSX!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

According to different sources, it's never going to happen. Sadly Gulfstream won't play ball with FS Developers at all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That is most disappointing NC

I wholeheartedly agree Chief. Gulfstream rarely to never licenses out 3rd party products bearing their name and are quick to take anyone to court who ignores their lawyers cease & desist warnings. I saw a case where they sued a pilot (who happened to be type rated on a GIIB) who promoted Gulfstream Aircraft via a social media screen name but the company (Gulfstream) claimed the pilot was promoting their aviation company with the Gulfstream trademark. The whole thing was viewed as being a ridiculous & overzealous move by the company and was quietly settled out of court. Oh well, maybe one day they may change their minds.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As Storm says, it isn't going to happen.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

It seems that the competition e.g.., Bombardier has no such silly hangup . .

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...hlight=express
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Such a shame. They are beautiful aircraft.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

As the saying goes, "Never say never." I will maintain hope that someday things might change. Of course I may not be around when it does, or my computer could quit working..... NC

There was a WIP somewhere.... it was a facebook page I saw.

I found the 3d render of the cockpit to be used in that project, but I'm unable to find the actual project link

Oh I found the page - not sure if they are continuing or not.
    https://www.facebook.com/Triton-Simu...02409483176457
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Shoot! Dang, that looks nice (as Maj Kong would say)! Shame nothing can be done with it. I'd plug it in to the IRIS freeware GEX in a heartbeat.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I see that doesn't claim to be a particular aircraft by a specific manufacturer: very sensible! (otherwise you can be sure a cease-and-desist would have already landed) Looks a fine VC model.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Personally I don't see what all the hub-bub is all about. If someone wants to make a model in the confines of freeware there is nothing to stop it. Name it a Gulfscream or Golfstream and post it. There is nothing that can be done about it. Any protestations would have the burden of proof as a requirement.

If I were so inclined, I would not hesitate to build the model. Of course I would never consider something so pedestrian.

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    I've only seen 1 freeware quality Gulf with USAF and USMC paints and it's in XP10 and XP11.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

In Development

Check the Facebook link above for 25 more pictures, YouTube as well has videos that show this bird in development and release
    form.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Check the Facebook link above for 25 more pictures, YouTube as well has videos that show this bird in development and release
    form.

Yeah, nice!!

NC

Worth getting the 450 even with future development still to happen.
    Their 550 looks very promising.

https://www.triton-simulation.com/

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Anyone try this yet? Interior looks nice but exterior looks kind of bland.

Its way WIP

No exterior Textures yet-->but painkit. Do it yourself
    And you need to read manual a lot to even start the engines

All that for 25 bucks.

But I started yesterday with Version 4.2.1-->today we are at 4.3 and we have jokes now.

So I am fine and that is the only chance to have an FSX native Gulfstream.And who knows Gulfstream as company it may not be for long

Therefore worthwile to do for me

my 2 Cents

Looks nice. Saw that it was for FSX, wonder if it would work with P3D V3.4, or if there are plans?

+ If it were purchased now, would free updates be available in the future as this WIP progresses?

I think Navy Chief is showing a Pic of a C-20 AKA GIII or G IV

Would be nice if someone would make a paint that looks like what Navy Chief posted - That is sharp

Here is some data on the Gulfstream lines that I didn't know about.

http://primejets.com/private-jet-cha...lfstream-iv-3/

Disclaimer:
    "First and foremost our products are for use in computer flight simulation. We are not associated nor endorsed by any company that may be mentioned (directly or indirectly) on this website or any supplementing documents included with our products. What our products are NOT:

. Not A product of Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation
    . Not A product of General Dynamics
    . Not A product of any aircraft manufacturer
    . Not A product of any aircraft parts/components manufacturer
    Our products are NOT teaching tools and any verbiage, research or documents we provide are our opinions and personal studies. Refer back to your manuals or conduct your own research for any clarification. All our products and modifications are for personal development and entertainment purposes only.
    We would like to reiterate that our “G” products are NOT products of General Dynamics and/or Gulfstream Aerospace, nor are they endorsed or supported by Gulfstream Aerospace and/or General Dynamics or any of it's affiliates. Our products and photography are NOT allowed for resale or private distribution and measures will be taken to ensure this is adhered to. "

I wonder if this will protect them from the manufacturer of the original aircraft...

If it works in P3D V4 it will be a sure buy for me.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    + If it were purchased now, would free updates be available in the future as this WIP progresses?

Yes you get updated

had 3 in 2 days

may not be that fast forever but still moves on till you have final version

C'mon Bjoern, which lawyer is going to make a good case on that basis? And just how ridiculous will any lawsuit look to a court? I'm quite sure the external textures are that bland so no-one will be able to mistake it for a real aircraft manufacturer's product and waste the court's valuable time. Hope there's a good paintkit, mind you!
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    C'mon Bjoern, which lawyer is going to make a good case on that basis? And just how ridiculous will any lawsuit look to a court? I'm quite sure the external textures are that bland so no-one will be able to mistake it for a real aircraft manufacturer's product and waste the court's valuable time. Hope there's a good paintkit, mind you!
    Aren't "Cease and Desist" orders usually enough to scare people away from doing what they're doing?

But maybe one should really base any Golfstrom developers in countries whose legal system has something better to do than compare window roundness and rivets between a virtual rendition and the real thing.

It all depends on what Gulfstream has trademarked. They can have the shape trademarked and win. We have trademarks on one of our locomotives, which includes color, numbers, shape, and a few more things. If they want it stopped, or it falls under their TM, they will win.

Don

Members who have read this thread: 1