Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

Thanks to all for sharing this info (especially jeansy) . I have a better understanding of most of it now . I can see this will be a very useful thread too all . Hopefully the developers will kick it in gear and we will start seeing the v4 compatible AC soon realizing the work involved will take time .

Rich

The FSX DG808S Glider seems to be fine too, not a bad model for a bit of ridge soaring.

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Beaufighter, I am truly sorry for you, but in a way it is balm to my soul! Why? Because I had the problem of the invisible Mosquito with P3Dv3, I seemed to be the only one, and despite vast efforts, JF could not cure it. I hope that now that you seem to have the same or a similar problem, a cure may be found. Incidentally, you could try whether the demo of the Mosquito works. With me it did in P3Dv3.
    Best regards,
    Stickshaker

Hi Stickshaker, better luck than you....works perfectly here, in P3D v3.4 Let´s hope they´ll find a cure. Anyway bought it for v3, no reason to complaints and always able to use it since I kept v3. Invisible Mosquito was a secret weapon, now they are trying stealth planes. Britain suceed where America failed with Corsair Birdcage still showing outer wing panels....
    Best regards

For the record, the Birdcage Corsair shows the same phenomena on my system. This might be linked to a .gau and .dll problem, since both are present in the panel folder.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Hello Beaufighter, did I misunderstand ypour post? What problem did you have with the Mosquito?

I think he's having texture problems, so it looks like he "sitting on air". Or like Wonder Woman's jet. Not seeing any of the plane.
    I think is what he means.
    I've been wrong before, though. Many, many times. I won't go so far as "usually" but...

Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    I think he's having texture problems, so it looks like he "sitting on air". Or like Wonder Woman's jet. Not seeing any of the plane.
    I think is what he means.
    I've been wrong before, though. Many, many times. I won't go so far as "usually" but...

Pat☺

Exactly...just trying to make a joke about "invisible" and barely visible airplanes...

Regards

Blog Entries
    The MP Design Studio Gazelle works very well in P3Dv4.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    For the record, the Birdcage Corsair shows the same phenomena on my system. This might be linked to a .gau and .dll problem, since both are present in the panel folder.

Cheers,
    Mark
    I think invisible Justflight planes will be their copy protection, it's also how they do their demo's which go invisible after a while. 32bit code to be replaced...hopefully same code for all planes
    Other invisibles will be FS9 elements in the model - the Virtavia Caribou sadly is missing doors, wheels etc. And breaks the P3D menu system too so a restart is needed.

The Virtavia/Flight 1 Islander works well, except the GPS which is a 32bit GAU and sadly part of the cockpit 3D model. Also the scuttle no longer shakes on engine run-up
    The Razbam Metroliner also mostly works, just flashing power light and defunct fuel gauges and load manager.
    VirtualCol Otter works OK.

If you have either the Aerosoft Twin Otter or Catalina you get a new 64bt asc.dll in the new install - could maybe be used for any other Aerosoft plane not currently ported?

Cheers
    Keith

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    So far I have installed the following:

Carenado C-172N. Working ok ...... so far.
    Warbirdsim P-51- B, C and D. so far all good.
    Ant's Tiger Moth ...... good
    Ant's Sierra ..... ok
    Ant's Drifter ...... installed ok but I need to test it more.
    AH B-17F and B-17G ....... both ok

For those privy to the LDR beta C-119 loads and starts ok. Will know more tomorrow when I try to get it into the sky.

Will be testing more over the weekend.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Exactly...just trying to make a joke about "invisible" and barely visible airplanes...

Regards
    Aha, so I can only hope that a new v4 version, if it comes, will solve my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickshaker View Post
    Aha, so I can only hope that a new v4 version, if it comes, will solve my problem.
    Doesn't work for me either. I really hope its fixed. Its probably the aircraft I'd miss more than any other:-(
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Creepy847 View Post
    Working:
    Rafale M
    Was that the Rafale M by Roland or Thor's Hammer? I haven't tried Roland's but the latter lost the pilot figure in both P3Dv4 and FSW.

Also in any other these compatible aircraft has anyone found a working HUD that I could add to an aircraft with no cockpit like Thor's Hammer Rafale?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post

Also in any other these compatible aircraft has anyone found a working HUD that I could add to an aircraft with no cockpit like Thor's Hammer Rafale?
    The F-16, Iris P-21 (and probably any Iris HUD), also any of Dino's HUDs all work. I know Iris is coded in xml. You probably could add it to the panel.cfg and get it to work
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

I tested a few tonight.

Good:
    Ants Tiger Moth
    Golden Age DH.60 Moth
    Golden Age Ryan B-5
    All the default FSX aircraft.

Bad:
    JBK Fokker F.VIIa
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

This from Carenado:

June 9th, 2017 With the recently released version 4 of P3D, all our aircraft have been grounded. All of them were developed for 32-bit, and don´t work with the new 64-bit platform, causing internal logic incompatibilities (no problem with the model and textures).
    The solution is not too complicated, but requires work. We know how to make them compatible, and we will start working on them soon.
    The process will take time because we will have to update more than 80 aircraft. We hope to accomplish this task in the next months and start re-releasing a fair amount of updated aircraft each month.
    For now, customers could be confident about their investment because all of the upgrades will be free of charge.

I especially like their last sentence.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    I received an email from PCAviator this morning telling me that Carenado had released version 2.1 of their PC-12HD. I don't know if that is the V4 compatible version? But, I am downloading it.

Also, I have flown Ant's T-28 in V4 and it seems to work just fine.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

The SOH Ryan Navion works perfectly in P3D4. I'm glad, love it.
    Sue

Milviz has released an updated F-86 installer. Notification through email.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Ant's Winjeel has been updated (SimMarket is yet host the update)

The update for this aircraft adds the following:

- Compatible with Prepar3D V4
    - Improved installer options
    - Fixed issue with Prepar3D V3 where aircraft was not working for some users
    - Fire button assignable to a joystick button
    - Option to load aircraft in a cold and dark state
    - Various bug fixes
    http://www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html

Just had an email from the FlightSim Store and downloaded it. The same with the Eaglet.

Cheers
    Pat

I would like to add a couple of items:

1) Bear studios - J-11 & Su-27 so far everything seems fine, but I have had limited time on the sim as of late, updates to follow !

2) NEUWUC ( App ) - http://app.navalengagement.net/ Compiled to 64 bit ; http://www.navalengagement.net/underway.html
    MFC-27/migbait

Members who have read this thread: 16