Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4
Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

I'd like to dedicate a thread just for aircraft compatibility under the new V4 version of P3D.

Here's what I found myself so far:

Aerosoft Catalina X works flawless --> new version v1.22 has 64bit ASC.dll
    Aerosoft OV-10a Bronco works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    Aeroplane Heaven B17 works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    Aeroplane Heaven Helldiver works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    Sibwings Birddog broken. Full of errors in the model, probably a malfunctioning DLL from a copy / license protection
    Ants T28 Trojan free+payware works, but Saitek throttle does not work, neither in Mode 1 nor in Mode 2
    Piglets Porter works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    AF F-4U Corsair works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    CS C-130 Hercules works, but no gauges (tried copy + fresh install)
    CS 707 gauges don't work, controllers don't work (tried copy + fresh install)
    Milviz Huey basically works, but some gauges don't, no frequency display on radios --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    CAC Boomerang works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    C-150 Aerobat freeware works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    Mjahns DC-47 V3.14 works flawless, but custom sound gauge does not function (No Nancy, no pilot, no copilot) One CTD, presumably beacuse of the gauge.
    Gordons Tigercat works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    AH/JF Zero works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    AH JF F4 Wildcat works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    AH JF F3F works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4

That's all for now, more to come!

Cheers,
    Mark
    Last edited by roger-wilco-66; June 5th, 2017 at 03:46.
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Today Ive checked

Work in P3D v4 (straight install into P3Dv4)
    Cera 212
    Cera 412
    Cera 222
    Cera UH60
    Cera AS365
    ND AS350
    ND AS350
    ND BO105
    ND EC130
    ND EC135
    ND BK117
    ND MD900
    ND Super Puma
    A2A Avro Anson
    PMDG 747 v3
    Vertigo Hellcat
    Vertigo Dauntless
    Vertigo Panther
    Vertigo Avenger
    MPDS Gazelle
    MILVIZ CH47
    FCS Lancaster
    FCS Wellington
    Carenado PA28 Arrow
    Carenado PA29 Archer (Im also guessing all of the early releases ie 152 etc etc)
    Stargate AH1W
    ND Hind (modified with MCX and removed the lines from the rotor head)

Apps
    Flightsim Commander
    REX Airports HD
    REX Texture Direct
    Ultimate Traffic 2
    Ultimate Traffic 2 Live
    Active Sky P3Dv4 Beta
    VFX Central
    GSX
    SODE 1.5
    RAAS Pro
    Editvoice Pack XL

I will be installing more things today and looking

Ones that dont work
    Aerosoft Airbus
    PMDG 737/777
    Mid to late Carenado and sister's
    QW Bae146
    A2A Connie
    Instant scenery v3.7
    Sibwings Birddog and AN2
    Dirks AP for helos
    Last edited by jeansy; June 4th, 2017 at 19:25.

one thing about the ceras in v4: the nav/comm standby/actv switch doesn't work. otherwise looks good, HTR also working.

Working:
    Iris F15E Mudhen Drive with metal 2 metal
    JF 111
    JF Eurofighter
    P3C Orion
    Alabeo Sukhoi 26
    Real Air spits
    Rafale M
    Warbirds P51s
    Lotus L39
    Iris Warthog
    Iris F16D
    Aerosoft OV10B
    Aerosoft F16C
    Razbam A6A Intruder

Not working yet:
    Milviz F15E

Its installed but cant get engines to start?

Installed aps:
    Rex Essential Plus Overdrive
    Orbx HD trees
    FTX Central With Global Vector
    VFX Central
    AI Carriers
    FSUIPC Full Payware version
    Default carriers along with 3rd party carriers

Finally tweeked the sim and Im really impressed with how well this runs. Amazing difference with 64bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kdfw View Post
    one thing about the ceras in v4: the nav/comm standby/actv switch doesn't work. otherwise looks good, HTR also working.
    to be honest I never checked, each model had a quick going over to see if the gauges work and i had a VC

Im not happy about the Helo AP gauge from Dirk not working

Avon Brochure might be a really hot deal but there is only one way of knowing.

Today in P3Dv4 need aircraft

need to working:
    Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended
    Flysimware Learjet 35A
    Flysimware C441
    Flysimware MU-2B-60
    Virtavia Convair XB-46
    Virtavia B-45 Tornado
    Milviz C310R
    Milviz P-38L
    Milviz P-38 Red Bull
    Just Flight Fokker F27
    Just Flight HS 748
    Just Flight One-Eleven 300/400/500
    Just Flight DH.104 Dove & Devon
    Flight Replicas Canadair North Star
    Flight Replicas DH114 Heron
    RFN Breguet Br1050 Alize
    Grumman Mallard(LDR Development native aircraft)
    IRIS C-27J Spartan(IRIS Airforce series - Tactical Airlifter)
    A2A Aircraft Factory Heinkel He 219 Uhu
    A2A B377 Stratocruiser
    Carenado PC12
    Carenado CJ2
    Carenado King Air C90GTx
    Carenado King Air C90B
    Carenado King Air B200
    Carenado King Air B350i
    Carenado Do228
    Carenado EMB500 Phenom 100
    Carenado EMB505 Phenom 300
    Alabeo C441 Conquest
    Carenado PA46 500TP Malibu Meridian
    Carenado Hawker 850XP
    Carenado S550 Citation II
    Carenado B1900D
    JSS Simulations Transall C-160
    IRIS Pilatus PC-24 SVJ
    IRIS Pilatus PC-21
    IRIS Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-9(Freeware or Payware)
    Captain Sim C-130
    Captain Sim 757
    Captain Sim 767
    Captain Sim 777
    Captain Sim B-52 Driver
    Captain Sim 727
    Captain Sim L-1011
    Last edited by ksw1375; June 4th, 2017 at 22:17.

Thank you for your effort migrating stuff! I'm not entirely sure, though, that you have tested compatibility thoroughly enough.

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Aerosoft Catalina X works flawless --> copied the relevant folders and files over from P3D V3.4
    The above is just an example I picked because I own that particular aircraft myself.

Are you saying that all of a sudden the cockpit sound module "ASC.DLL", located in the panel folders, has turned 64-bit, as if by magic?

It may not crash the sim, but "works flawless" may be slightly exaggerated, just saying.
    - Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

Quote Originally Posted by Penz View Post
    Thank you for your effort migrating stuff! I'm not entirely sure, though, that you have tested compatibility thoroughly enough.

The above is just an example I picked because I own that particular aircraft myself.

Are you saying that all of a sudden the cockpit sound module "ASC.DLL", located in the panel folders, has turned 64-bit, as if by magic?

It may not crash the sim, but "works flawless" may be slightly exaggerated, just saying.
    I have to agree, theres a lot of stuff here that although it may load and fly doesn't work 100%. Check Costco Catalogue and Harvey Norman Catalogue.
    When testing please make sure that the "Enable Content Error Reporting" checkbox is ticked on the main options page guys.
    It will show errors with most planes, a lot of which arent important but especially look for 32bit DLL errors.

Basic rule of thumb. If any of the gauges used are .DLL or .GAU then there will be errors.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

thats easy, do it yourself....

This thread is about sharing information, not about being 100% right.

I re-checked the Catalina and found that some of the cockpit sounds (opening the window, klick sounds of the switches...) are missing, that's all. The engines and other sounds work.

I would like to invite you to do some thorough testing on the Catalina and enlighten us on everything else that does not work because of the ASC.dll!

Cheers,
    Mark

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

I would like to invite you to do some thorough testing on the Catalina and enlighten us on everything else that does not work because of the ASC.dll!
    Actually, if you downloaded the reworked Twotter (v1.21) from Aerosoft you get a working 64bit ASC.dll.

Also, the Catalina can officially be downloaded from Aerosoft as P3Dv4 version (v1.22), as well.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Actually, if you downloaded the reworked Twotter (v1.21) from Aerosoft you get a working 64bit ASC.dll.

Also, the Catalina can officially be downloaded from Aerosoft as P3Dv4 version (v1.22), as well.
    Now that was useful, thanks. Downloaded v1.22 and all is fine.

[edit: updated list]

Cheers,
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Thanks for all your work Mark.
    There are open Betas available form HiFi Simulations for both Active Sky and active Sky Cloud Art, both products that I was missing in v4.0

https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showt...-now-available

Ian

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Thanks for all your work Mark.
    There are open Betas available form HiFi Simulations for both Active Sky and active Sky Cloud Art, both products that I was missing in v4.0

https://hifisimtech.com/forums/showt...-now-available

Ian
    I visited the HiFi site and saw that the V4 open beta are available only to people who have a valid registration key for AS 2016 for P3D V3. Once you get it set up you can add FSX-SE, P3D V3 and P3D V4. Works fine and I have it set up to the way I want it.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Cheers,
    Mark
    I was just trying to be helpful. I can assure you I won't make any further comments.

- JP

Most usefull this thread, thanks.

Milviz F-86 working good.

Just Flight Mosquito, you know it's there you can hear the plane, but it's invisible.
    Just Flight F4U-1 just the outer part of wings is visible.
    Of course Iīm not complaining, bought them for v3...
    Regards
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-5-31_18-31-31-972.jpg  

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    The Iris C27J MLU is working very happy in P3DV4. Been logging lots of Hours in her on FSE.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

How would a statement such as "Are you saying that all of a sudden the cockpit sound module "ASC.DLL", located in the panel folders, has turned 64-bit, as if by magic?" be taken as being helpful, constructive criticism? It may have not been intentional, but it appears to be sarcastic and mean spirited.

I was just trying to be helpful. I can assure you I won't make any further comments.

- JP

whats needed to make the carenado planes work? i installed them fine into the sim with the installers just wont work i think they are missing some activation.dll that gets installed into The sim how where has anyone found where it is hidden
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus N210MS View Post
    whats needed to make the carenado planes work? i installed them fine into the sim with the installers just wont work i think they are missing some activation.dll that gets installed into The sim how where has anyone found where it is hidden
    this the dll files used in the gauges and the copyright protection that dont work, nothing you can do until they re release it in v4 format

unless you have the sources data for the gauges and convert them to xml

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    How would a statement such as "Are you saying that all of a sudden the cockpit sound module "ASC.DLL", located in the panel folders, has turned 64-bit, as if by magic?" be taken as being helpful, constructive criticism? It may have not been intentional, but it appears to be sarcastic and mean spirited.
    I'm not a mean spirited person at all, and I can see what you mean. I can assure you that my comment was only meant to be humorous, but alas humour doesn't always translate well in writing, and is somewhat context sensitive.

My sincere apologies if I offended anyone.

- JP

I'm not a mean spirited person at all, and I can see what you mean. I can assure you that my comment was only meant to be humorous, but alas humour doesn't always translate well in writing, and is somewhat context sensitive.

My sincere apologies if I offended anyone.

- JP
    Really, no need for this...quite sure you didnīt offend anyone...this is of no importance at all, we are hre to learn one from another.

One of my favorites , the Alabeo D17 Staggerwing has some interior cockpit texture problems . I'm sure it will all be moved in the the right direction as the developers update their products to v4 compatibility . I emptied my shader cache folder thinking it might have something to do with it but it made no difference .

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-6-6_6-47-13-599.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    One of my favorites , the Alabeo D17 Staggerwing has some interior cockpit texture problems . I'm sure it will all be moved in the the right direction as the developers update their products to v4 compatibility . I emptied my shader cache folder thinking it might have something to do with it but it made no difference .

Rich
    no its the "CMeteoXml.dll" and "Carenavigraph.dll" the first file is required for the copyright protection, its plaguing all the mid to late Carenado releases as well, the second one is the FMS for those models that have one thats is also causing some problems

If you have any early releases by Carenedo they will work like the Arrow as they dont require this file but the more recent ones will fail

I remember correctly all of the Alabeo aircraft where released after Carenado introduced this file, so they all will have that problem

Virtavia's planes do work
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Members who have read this thread: 16