Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 9
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    Yea the armament control loads the weapons (after RPM 0 % and Emptying the tanks), but you get strange behavior trying to release or launch anything. I could not really get weapons delivery working in V4 with this one...
    Thank you for the reply. The only way I know to get to 0 rpm is to cut the fuel, but havent figured how to empty the tanks yey, ( unless that's done in the basic aircraft config where you add fuel, weight....)

TB2

MilViz Out with F-4E

The P3D v4 compatible MilViz F-4E is out. I acquired mine at MilViz when it was on sale and they sent me a new download link today. (The "ADV" P3D v4 link was also sent out this afternoon.)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    The P3D v4 compatible MilViz F-4E is out. I acquired mine at MilViz when it was on sale and they sent me a new download link today. (The "ADV" P3D v4 link was also sent out this afternoon.)
    Got notice from them about the F-4J/S being updated as well. Both the E and J/S I downloaded have "A1.170721" version numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Got notice from them about the F-4J/S being updated as well. Both the E and J/S I downloaded have "A1.170721" version numbers.

And also the tacpack and advanced modules are updated.

Update list from Aerosoft: https://www.aerosoft.com/en/fsxp3d/n...-v4-compatible

Wilga X works in v4 now.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    Yea the armament control loads the weapons (after RPM 0 % and Emptying the tanks), but you get strange behavior trying to release or launch anything. I could not really get weapons delivery working in V4 with this one...
    concerning the Razbam A-7, just a bit more help if you don't mind.

I can successfully load out the aircraft in FSX, but in P3D v4 only get a menu that does nothing on the aircraft.
    Is there something else I need to do to make this work?

Dropping bombs are not an issue (yet)

Thanks,

TB2

I have a lot of the Caranedo aircraft that are the normal ones for FSX ie not HD or EX versions. Are they going to be updated for P3Dv4 or is it going to be a job of buying new compatible ones. I know they have updated a few but I just wondered if it was a question of just waiting and they will get round to them all.
    Last edited by simondix; September 5th, 2017 at 13:27.

That's what they said.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    That's what they said.
    Thanks for that. I will wait.

I'm assuming you are referring to the non-Tacpack versions of the A-7.....

...but if you go into the fuel and payload menu and put all the stations to 0, you should be able to use the loadout manager.

Quote Originally Posted by tbryson2 View Post
    concerning the Razbam A-7, just a bit more help if you don't mind.

I can successfully load out the aircraft in FSX, but in P3D v4 only get a menu that does nothing on the aircraft.
    Is there something else I need to do to make this work?

Dropping bombs are not an issue (yet)

Thanks,

TB2
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    I'm assuming you are referring to the non-Tacpack versions of the A-7.....

...but if you go into the fuel and payload menu and put all the stations to 0, you should be able to use the loadout manager.
    Yes, non Tacpack. (Was there an update I missed or an entirely different aircraft?)

Emptied tanks, no joy. Again, I see a menu, (not a graphical window as in FSX) and nothing happens. I saw somewhere that someone said the dll.xml(?) file had to have an entry. Is this so? There are no unique entries in the dll.xml for FSX

THANKS!

JSS C-160 Transall now updated for P3Dv4. You'll need to download the new installer from your place of purchase
    (new v4 installers currently available at Flight1 and PC Aviator).

There's also a new update from v.1b to v.1c available at JSS (does not include the new P3Dv4 installer):

http://jss-simulations.com/

The new update is cumulative and includes all previous fixes. The update installer only goes up to P3Dv3, but I pointed
    it at v4 and the update installed just fine.

- Rob

The Just Flight BAe Hawk T1 has now been updated and released for P3D v4

Andy

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Just Flight DC-8 Jetliner Series 10-40 and 50-70 for P3D v4 Updates available now.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    Just Flight DC-8 Jetliner Series 10-40 and 50-70 for P3D v4 Updates available now.

Im getting CTD when turning lights on or off in external view,

I submitted a support ticket because all JF P3DV4 updates I installed sofar are causing a .NET/P3Dv4 crash once I exit the sim. In the process, my controls settings are partly deleted (Standard.xml). I am not the only one, I saw others reporting this on the JF forum.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    I submitted a support ticket because all JF P3DV4 updates I installed sofar are causing a .NET/P3Dv4 crash once I exit the sim. In the process, my controls settings are partly deleted (Standard.xml). I am not the only one, I saw others reporting this on the JF forum.
    yeah same and I had all my control mapping wiped

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Im getting CTD when turning lights on or off in external view,
    Strange.
    I'm not.
    And I've installed all the updates for the JF aircraft in my hanger.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

We are looking into why some users are encountering this issue. Please submit a support ticket on our website if you haven't already done so.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I sent a support ticket to JF.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I think I found the problem, when i uninstalled it and reinstalled it, it inadvertently deleted the contents of my effects folder

after doing a p3dv4 repair install it works fine now, however how or why it removed all my effects I have no idea, they where there earlier last night prior to installing as I was looking for a vc light

I only noticed today that the only contents where the jf smoke effects

you might want to review the uninstaller

plus again it wiped my control mapping on reinstall but i have a spare xml copy saved so thats no big issue for me

now i just have to repair or install every add on all over again so i can have the effects back to the way it was
    Last edited by jeansy; September 20th, 2017 at 20:42.

Our installers shouldn't be able to uninstall files other than those included with the product, and shouldn't alter any files related to control mapping, but we are looking into it now.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Unfortunately it looks like an old version of the DC-8 installer might uninstall effects which are used by the DC-8, but also other aircraft, due to commonly used names. It shouldn't uninstall all effects though and we can't reproduce or find a reason for that here. The latest installers won't uninstall these shared effects though.

If you are encountering CTDs in P3D v4, can you let me know which version of Prepar3D and SimConnect you are using? After launching a flight, go to Help > About Lockheed Martin Prepar3D on the top menu bar. We need to know the Prepar3D and SimConnect version numbers.

If you are in touch with our support team then they'll be asking you this via email.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

We just released the P3Dv4 version of our F-4B/N, along with a major update on our carrier technology.

SimWorks Studios

Alex Vletsas

3D Modeler & Animator
    http://www.simworksstudios.com
    http://www.facebook.com/SimWorksStudios

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    If you are encountering CTDs in P3D v4, can you let me know which version of Prepar3D and SimConnect you are using? After launching a flight, go to Help > About Lockheed Martin Prepar3D on the top menu bar. We need to know the Prepar3D and SimConnect version numbers.

If you are in touch with our support team then they'll be asking you this via email.

Thanks
    Martyn

Here is mine Martyn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails about p3d v4.jpg  

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 15