Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 8
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

The CR1 Aeronca Champ works perfectly in P3D 4. Floats, skis, tundra,and regular versions...
    http://cr1-software.com/addons/aeronca-champ/
    Sue

Pleased to report the following FSX native versions of older a/c work:

AS F-8U Crusader
    AS RA-5C Vigilante (both this and F8 look awesome in V4)
    SOH Grumman Mallard NB: LDR piston (FSX native) version only
    Dassault Falcon F50

Also, I copied the FSX default Goose into V4 Simobjects/airplanes (some say not to do this but don't know why). That made the AI versions appear in the preview, but none with cockpits. I then removed the AI Goose and the FSX Goose with the VC appeared and worked well, however, the wake only appears at very slow speeds - along with concrete scraping sparks - something strange there I don't know the solution to . .
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Area 51 C-17

Just installed the Area 51 C-17 using the "xml" method. Everything seems to work (buttons, HUD, etc.), but I would sure like to see "000rick000" do his thing with enhanced, upgraded textures.

(I have tried several, MilViz YF-23 and Blue Angels F18, without success. They fly, but cockpit functionality is poor at best.)
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Good news for Bush Pilot too. FR Super Cub Ultra (1.6) works well in P3Dv4 (only in slew mode I see something strange when You move but its not very important).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Today Ive checked

Work in P3D v4 (straight install into P3Dv4)
    Cera 212
    Cera 412
    Cera 222
    Cera UH60
    Cera AS365
    ND AS350
    ND AS350
    ND BO105
    ND EC130
    ND EC135
    ND BK117
    ND MD900
    ND Super Puma
    A2A Avro Anson
    PMDG 747 v3
    Vertigo Hellcat
    Vertigo Dauntless
    Vertigo Panther
    Vertigo Avenger
    MPDS Gazelle
    MILVIZ CH47
    FCS Lancaster
    FCS Wellington
    Carenado PA28 Arrow
    Carenado PA29 Archer (Im also guessing all of the early releases ie 152 etc etc)
    Stargate AH1W
    ND Hind (modified with MCX and removed the lines from the rotor head)

Apps
    Flightsim Commander
    REX Airports HD
    REX Texture Direct
    Ultimate Traffic 2
    Ultimate Traffic 2 Live
    Active Sky P3Dv4 Beta
    VFX Central
    GSX
    SODE 1.5
    RAAS Pro
    Editvoice Pack XL

I will be installing more things today and looking

Ones that dont work
    Aerosoft Airbus
    PMDG 737/777
    Mid to late Carenado and sister's
    QW Bae146
    A2A Connie
    Instant scenery v3.7
    Sibwings Birddog and AN2
    Dirks AP for helos

If you want a copy of the modified Hind model for P3D let me know and I will send the the mdl file, you cant wait for ND to do anything as they have shut shop

Area51 Dragon Lady

Tried the Dragon Lady in P3d v4 last evening and all seems to function properly. Used the "xml" addon method. Does anyone know if there is a manual available for this aircraft as I would like to try to get to the operating ceiling of 70,000? I was only able to get to 40,000 last evening and started having engine performance issues. (I checked the Area51 website and my install file for the manual. Maybe it gets installed into another file?)
    Jay
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Hi
    Reading about "Used the "xml" addon method."

Would someone be so kind and teach me about it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Hi
    Reading about "Used the "xml" addon method."

Would someone be so kind and teach me about it?

Thanks
    Sure. Take a look at my post on page 2 of "P3D Performance Tweaks and Tunes". I think it's my second post on that page. If you have more questions after that, I'll try to give you an answer or, at least, an example of how I do it. I'm no expert by any means.
    Jay

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Good news for Bush Pilot too. FR Super Cub Ultra (1.6) works well in P3Dv4 (only in slew mode I see something strange when You move but its not very important).
    Great news! Time to install on of my favorites!

I wish something could be done about this milky glass though. The only thing that I do not like about this model.

Does anyone else have the DHC-1 Chipmunk developed by Aeroplane Heaven and published by Just Flight? I pointed the installation to my v4 folder, but despite no apparent problems with the install the aircraft is invisible in the sim. I've tried deleting and reinstalling but get the same problem. Does anyone else?

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Does anyone else have the DHC-1 Chipmunk developed by Aeroplane Heaven and published by Just Flight? I pointed the installation to my v4 folder, but despite no apparent problems with the install the aircraft is invisible in the sim. I've tried deleting and reinstalling but get the same problem. Does anyone else?

Quite a few of the JF planes don't work in P3Dv4 as of yet. I presume JF will update as they go along. Some like the Viscount do work.

DaveG kindly let me know that the Chipmunk, and presumably other similar age JF/AH creations, have "a copy protection gauge which is not compatible with v4".

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

I don't know if already mentioned, but the KCFS Seabee ports just fine to v4.

I recommend using it's Flight1 wrapper (little red airplane) and selecting reinstall. Once unwrapped, you can point the
    install towards an empty folder, and then copy/paste the contents

Thanks - Rob

And a couple more blasts from the past: the old A2A WWIIFighters Spitfire Mk1 and ME109E, upgraded for FSX, port perfectly
    into v4. Just copy and paste. The outsides look a bit bland, but the vc's look very good, if a bit fps heavy.

As far as I can tell after a few short flights, everything seems to work the same as in FSX (except the usual missing vc switch click
    sounds).

I'm glad these could come over: I really like the A2A Spitfires both old and new, but per posts at A2A, it may be awhile before
    they can get their WOP3 planes with accusim, including the WOP3 Spitfire, into v4.

- Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    DaveG kindly let me know that the Chipmunk, and presumably other similar age JF/AH creations, have "a copy protection gauge which is not compatible with v4".
    Hi Airtrooper

Do you know, if JF/AH have any plans to open their older products for P3D V4?

I kind of like that Chipmunk

Soeren

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    You mean these lines:

<launch.addon>
    <name>A7 Ordnance Weight Manager</name>
    <disabled>False</disabled>
    <manualload>False</manualload>
    <path>D:\P3D Addons\Addon Modules\A7_Ordnance_Mngr.dll</path>
    <dllstartname>module_init</dllstartname>
    <dllstopname>module_deinit</dllstopname>
    </launch.addon>

I only see two external tanks, I assume you mean empty them? And can you tell me where you find the station weights? Thanks in advance.

You posted this a month or so ago. Care to share exactly what you found that made it work? I cannot get my panel to come up. Otherwise, all is working well.

Thanks.

TB2

In addition to shutting down the engine (0 RPM) you have to empty the tanks. I don't think I could ever get rid of my inboard tanks. But I was able to configure the weapons, don't think I could release anything except by jettison. I'll have to go fly that one again...late here so I'll post again tomorrow.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    Sure. Take a look at my post on page 2 of "P3D Performance Tweaks and Tunes". I think it's my second post on that page. If you have more questions after that, I'll try to give you an answer or, at least, an example of how I do it. I'm no expert by any means.

Thanks, regards...

Yea the armament control loads the weapons (after RPM 0 % and Emptying the tanks), but you get strange behavior trying to release or launch anything. I could not really get weapons delivery working in V4 with this one...
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    Hi Airtrooper

Do you know, if JF/AH have any plans to open their older products for P3D V4?

I kind of like that Chipmunk

Soeren

The following products are now compatible with P3D v4:

• DH.104 Dove & Devon
    • DH.104 Dove & Devon Livery Pack
    • HS 748 Propliner
    • DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk VI
    • Fokker F27 Friendship 100/200/300
    • DC-10 Collection HD 10-40
    • DC-10 Collection HD 10-40 Livery Pack
    • F4U-1 Corsair 'Birdcage'
    • Meteor F.8/FR.9
    • DHC-1 Chipmunk
    • DHC-1B-2 Chipmunk - Bubble Canopy
    • Canberra PR9
    • Gulfhawk

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Thx Martyn!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Wow

Thank you VERY much !

Gérard

We're currently looking into an issue with the HS-748 update which causes the aircraft to be partially invisible. We should have a fix available shortly.

EDIT: This issue should now be fixed. Please download the latest installer from your Just Flight account.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Last edited by Martyn; August 31st, 2017 at 01:16.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Aerosoft's fab Wilga has been updated for V4, a free update for existing owners. The more radials we can get into P3D the better as far as I'm concerned! Regards, Mark

And speaking of Aerosoft, radial engines and Stol, has anyone noticed that they've announced an AN-2, v4 inc? Aerosoft can take their time getting products out but the VC looks well advanced. I miss my cranky, creaky old Sibwings model. Regards, Mark

Members who have read this thread: 16