Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

I just noticed the the IFLY 747-400 is now available for P3DV4 at Flight one, V2.2.0.0:
    http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ifly744p3d

Scroll down for the downloads

Looks like it will accept the License Key from the P3DV3 purchase!!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Carenado have released their Rockwell Turbo Aerocommander with the V4 installer.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Does anyone have a copy of the email from Carenado outlining the version 4 update of aircraft to P3D V4. I got one this morning but in moving it to the Carenado folder in my email reader I accidently deleted it. Be much appreciated if someone can show me what was updated in the 4th round of updates.

Also lesson learned ...... don't try to mess around with email before the morning cuppa.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Does anyone have a copy of the email from Carenado outlining the version 4 update of aircraft to P3D V4. I got one this morning but in moving it to the Carenado folder in my email reader I accidently deleted it. Be much appreciated if someone can show me what was updated in the 4th round of updates.

Also lesson learned ...... don't try to mess around with email before the morning cuppa.
    Haven't recieved a 4th batch email...but on their Facebook their is a 4th batch from Alabeo
    "ALABEO AIRCRAFT UPDATED TO P3DV4Here is the fourth and last batch of updated aircraft for make them usable in P3D version 4.
    C310R FSX/P3D
    C441 CONQUEST II FSX/P3D
    PA31 CHIEFTAIN 350 FSX/P3D
    PA23 AZTEC F 250 FSX/P3D

Serial numbers originally delivered with the purchase are still usable for each aircraft.
    With this batch the entire Alabeo fleet has been updated to P3D v4.
    Customers should download the package again from the link provided and retrieve a new serial number.
    Resellers already have them, please allow them one or two days to get them up in their sites.
    You should uninstall the aircraft before installing this new version."

Cheers
    Keith

This is how i got my email, Pat :

http://mailchi.mp/alabeo/alabeo-airc...3?e=ea863ef66b

Gonna grab me the Aztec for sure. ;-)

Cheers,
    Jan

Thanks Jan, off to get the Aztec update. Just wish they would produce a decent workable paint kit as there are a few Aussie Aztecs I would like to have a go at painting.

Cheers
    Pat

Blog Entries

I am a bit late with this reply. However, unless you deleted the emails in the delete folder, it should still be in there. At least that is how it works with Outlook.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    I am a bit late with this reply. However, unless you deleted the emails in the delete folder, it should still be in there. At least that is how it works with Outlook.
    Actually I use a programme called Mailwasher to check what is on my server. With that I can delete the spam before it gets to my inbox. I think it was there where it got deleted.

Cheers
    Pat

Thanks Jan, off to get the Aztec update. Just wish they would produce a decent workable paint kit as there are a few Aussie Aztecs I would like to have a go at painting.
    Got the Aztec update, works well though it generates a lot of ContentErrors, mostly just sloppy changes to the CFG files but also some gauge errors.
    Worst it puts the wrong cmeteo dll intp dll.xml - should be CMeteoXmlx64.dll
    Cheers
    Keith

That "Content Error" thing is a developer tool. You really need to turn that off, you don't need it, and it will drive you crazy. Had the same problem when P3D 3 came out.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    That "Content Error" thing is a developer tool. You really need to turn that off, you don't need it, and it will drive you crazy. Had the same problem when P3D 3 came out.
    Sue
    Well....it's true that Carenado SHOULD have used it to fix their problems, especially the cmeteo dll one....
    Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Well....it's true that Carenado SHOULD have used it to fix their problems, especially the cmeteo dll one....
    Cheers
    Keith
    Hmm, perhaps they re-wrote the dll, and didn't bother to rename it. Since that file is the one that tells the sim that the copy is legit, it obviously works. The plane don't have invisible wings or whatever anymore.
    Sue

Blog Entries
    The Aerosoft EE Lightning's work very well in v4.

Ian

The 737 Captain for Prepar3D4 has been released.

The 737 Captain for Prepar3D4 has been released.

Version 1.8 updates for FSX/SE/P3D2/3 are also available.

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Our Arrow III and Turbo Arrow III/IV are now P3D v4 compatible:

https://www.justflight.com/support/p...ow-iii/30fa7cc
    https://www.justflight.com/support/p...-arrow/32f5bd1

The Warrior II is also v4 compatible.

Martyn - Just Flight
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    The Aerosoft EE Lightning's work very well in v4.

Ian
    T5 Too? I dont like the lightning, however the 2 seater does something for me

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    T5 Too? I dont like the lightning, however the 2 seater does something for me
    Some sound effects (e.g. cockpit switches) do not work unless you manually replace the 32bit ASC.dll module with the 64bit version which is available on the Aerosoft Twotter forum. Also air refuelling does not work but that is not a real deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    Some sound effects (e.g. cockpit switches) do not work unless you manually replace the 32bit ASC.dll module with the 64bit version which is available on the Aerosoft Twotter forum. Also air refuelling does not work but that is not a real deal breaker.
    Thanks for the reply

Cheers
    Keith
    Hmm, perhaps they re-wrote the dll, and didn't bother to rename it. Since that file is the one that tells the sim that the copy is legit, it obviously works. The plane don't have invisible wings or whatever anymore.
    Sue
    FYI in my P3D 4 folder I find this- CMeteoXmlx64.dll

weird, I have no problems with my install of the new version of the Aztec

have you tried a re download with the antivirus off, and install as admin with antivirus off

Matt, I have no problem, but Keith seems to... I think he has an old installer.
    Sue

Matt, I have no problem, but Keith seems to... I think he has an old installer.
    Sue
    Yep Im aware

Sorry I shouldve replied to one of his posts or at least started with his name

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    weird, I have no problems with my install of the new version of the Aztec

have you tried a re download with the antivirus off, and install as admin with antivirus off
    I have a P3Dv4 installer, from PCAviator following the email saying P3Dv4 version was available. Needed the new Serial # to install.
    It's possible they updated it immediately with a fix, I'll try downloading again.

Just to restate the problem - the XML.DLL is updated by the installer with the wrong name, still the old 32bit DLL, the NEW 64bitDLL is present as I stated, just not loaded.

Currently I've suppressed all versions of cmeteo...I was having strange time-shift problems, and as Sue pointed out it caused problems with V3 I suppressed it and the problems went away.

Cheers
    Keith

Flight1 GTN 650/750 has been released for P3D V4.

Available at: http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gtncomplete

There is a very involved read on the page before you get to the download link. I purchased after May 2017 the upgrade is free provided you can produce your order number. People who purchased before May 2017 there is a coupon available that allows you to get it for a small price of $US19.95 (I paid $AU26.17 because of the exchange rate). Apparently the one installer is suitable for all versions.
    Last edited by AussieMan; August 3rd, 2017 at 18:52.

Cheers
    Pat

Hi all, almost all of Wolfgang Piper's freeware gliders and motorgliders work in v4, he has updated the installers to include Doug Dawson's 64bit sound module. Regards, Mark

Members who have read this thread: 15