Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 6
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hschuit View Post
    The problem is caused by something in the B2.air file, when I tested with an .air file from another add on, the Vulcan loaded fine, I could successfully complete the complex start up procedure and fly the beast.

The 1st thing I noticed when I opened the B2.air file in AirEd is that it has lots of obsolete FS2002/FS2004 legacy records. I attached a fixed version of the B2.air file to this post, I did not have time to test it thoroughly so if you find issues please post your feedback.
    Thank you so much, that really is appreciated, it looks like your going to make a lot of people very happy. I'll test it as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    The Queen Of The Skies in P3Dv4 format has been around for a while, now the Empress Of The Skies has arrived too. ( A2A's incarnation that is)

awesome thanks

The problem is caused by something in the B2.air file, when I tested with an .air file from another add on, the Vulcan loaded fine, I could successfully complete the complex start up procedure and fly the beast.

The 1st thing I noticed when I opened the B2.air file in AirEd is that it has lots of obsolete FS2002/FS2004 legacy records. I attached a fixed version of the B2.air file to this post, I did not have time to test it thoroughly so if you find issues please post your feedback.
    HUGE thanks for this!!!!

I no longer get CTDs. I've only tried to start her up once though and failed. This may be because I'm very rusty and did something wrong, or perhaps something else is up? I'd be interested to hear other's experiences.

A quick look around and to my eye everything is as it should be besides materials for lights/buttons in the VC.

i9-10900K, 64 Gb RAM, RTX 3090 FE, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Reverb G2

Blog Entries

Just one problem that I've found, the airbrakes don't work. Is there anything we can do to fix that?

Regards,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    Just one problem that I've found, the airbrakes don't work. Is there anything we can do to fix that?

Regards,
    Ian
    The Vulcan is not easy to operate, so are the airbrakes... You need to make sure you have hydraulics power, they only work once you have managed to get the engines running.
    And that is not all, the airbrakes have 4 stages and use the flaps keys F5/F6/F7/F8 to operate.

Edit: Don't forget to enable the Powered Flight Controls (PFC), you have to click a whole bunch of red lights on the left console, they all must be off and turned dark.

The Vulcan starts and the Vulcan flies!

I was just rusty on my startup sequence... 100% operator error!

I'm over the moon!

Blog Entries
    The Vulcan is not easy to operate, so are the airbrakes... You need to make sure you have hydraulics power, they only work once you have managed to get the engines running.
    And that is not all, the airbrakes have 4 stages and use the flaps keys F5/F6/F7/F8 to operate.

Edit: Don't forget to enable the Powered Flight Controls (PFC), you have to click a whole bunch of red lights on the left console, they all must be off and turned dark.
    Thanks, I'd forgotten about that.

Ian

I haven't moved to v4 yet (soon), but I'm following this thread with interest.

Has anyone tried any of the Nemeth Design choppers yet in v4, in particular the MD902 Explorer? ND has been pretty dormant lately.

Also,has anyone tried any of the Vertigo Studios aircraft in v4? I'm particularly interested in knowing if their F9F Panther and F8F
    Bearcat will work. Like ND, VS also seems very dormant.

I'm hoping the ND's and VS's aren't going to become "lost to the ages", as was so aptly said on another thread.

Thanks - Rob

Rob, I got the Vertigo Panther working in P3Dv4 but it took a fair bit of surgery:

- The FSX version uses a 32bit DeadPixel sound module to support cockpit sounds, I have replaced this with Doug Dawson's 64bit DSD sound module. This is not simple, I needed to trace the DeadPixel WAV names and local vars and write a new DSD sound.ini file for them.

- The VS_F9F_Blueprint.CAB configuration/load mgr gauges depended on the 32bit VS_F9F_BPC.gau file, I had to re-write the XML code and update the aircraft.cfg station_load entries to make the load mgr work with 64bit XMLTools.

Anyway, if you can live without the cockpit click sounds and load mgr, the jet is usable as it is in P3Dv4. There is always the option to enter the payload weights manually I guess.

Rob, I got the Vertigo Panther working in P3Dv4 but it took a fair bit of surgery:

- The FSX version uses a 32bit DeadPixel sound module to support cockpit sounds, I have replaced this with Doug Dawson's 64bit DSD sound module. This is not simple, I needed to trace the DeadPixel WAV names and local vars and write a new DSD sound.ini file for them.

- The VS_F9F_Blueprint.CAB configuration/load mgr gauges depended on the 32bit VS_F9F_BPC.gau file, I had to re-write the XML code and update the aircraft.cfg station_load entries to make the load mgr work with 64bit XMLTools.

Anyway, if you can live without the cockpit click sounds and load mgr, the jet is usable as it is in P3Dv4. There is always the option to enter the payload weights manually I guess.
    Thanks for the info! Yes, beyond my programming knowledge and hunt-and-peck typing capabilities. Although never say never. I suppose
    similar will apply to other VS planes. Still not as bad as could be, with gauges in the panel or outside animations not working, or CTD's as
    soon as you try to load.

Thanks again for the info! - Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RobM View Post
    I haven't moved to v4 yet (soon),

Like ND, VS also seems very dormant.

I'm hoping the ND's and VS's aren't going to become "lost to the ages", as was so aptly said on another thread.

Thanks - Rob
    Its because nemeth have ceased development, they closed shop back in Jan15

however 95% of ND helos work fine in v4

people are reporting the ND store to some internet watch dog as they continue to sell products but offer no support via forums or emails

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post

however 95% of ND helos work fine in v4

The Huey and Chinook work OK.

The Carenado C185 Bush works well, just one GAU for the gear on the amphibian version.
    Their 206G has a LOT of GAUs, because I need the 206 I've been working through replacing the gauges with C185 equivalents...easy for the round dials, hard for the radios...
    Vertigo Vans and Stearman on the list to try soon.

Cheers
    Keith

Just Flight BAC 1-11 updated to p3dv4: https://www.justflight.com/product/one-eleven-300-400-500

Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Just Flight BAC 1-11 updated to p3dv4: https://www.justflight.com/product/one-eleven-300-400-500

Did they fix the autopilot?
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

See AH/JF list, 4th one down:

Changes include:

1. P3D v4 compatibility added
    2. FDE improvements
    3. New custom fuel system (including fuel transfer and crossfeed)
    4. New custom autopilot/flight director system with improved usability
    5. New BEA livery included for -500 variant
    6. NAV/GPS switch fixed
    7. Altimeter scaling fixed
    8. Electrical panel fixes

I haven't tried it yet though...

Never too much biplanes what with all this amazing sceneries to explore (IMHO of course ;-)

These too work perfectly 'out of the box'. Might want to replace the default sound of the Fury with one of freeware Merlin sound packs. If you check the real Fury at Oldwarden ( https://youtu.be/iIyGIQs8bSI ) the Kestrel sounds much more similar to a Merlin than what the default sound proposes. ( you could try any of Des Braban's Merlin sounds, i use 'spitpkg.zip' atm)

Cheers,
    jan

the Carenado B1900D has been updated to v4

plus 777 immersion v4

iris Spartan v1.2 appears to be fine, & the hud works

and the Carenado PA31 Navajo has been updated to V4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ksw1375 View Post
    Today in P3Dv4 need aircraft

need to working:
    Aerosoft Twin Otter Extended
    Flysimware Learjet 35A
    Flysimware C441
    Flysimware MU-2B-60
    Virtavia Convair XB-46
    Virtavia B-45 Tornado
    Milviz C310R
    Milviz P-38L
    Milviz P-38 Red Bull
    Just Flight Fokker F27
    Just Flight HS 748
    Just Flight One-Eleven 300/400/500
    Just Flight DH.104 Dove & Devon
    Flight Replicas Canadair North Star
    Flight Replicas DH114 Heron
    RFN Breguet Br1050 Alize
    Grumman Mallard(LDR Development native aircraft)
    IRIS C-27J Spartan(IRIS Airforce series - Tactical Airlifter)
    A2A Aircraft Factory Heinkel He 219 Uhu
    A2A B377 Stratocruiser
    Carenado PC12
    Carenado CJ2
    Carenado King Air C90GTx
    Carenado King Air C90B
    Carenado King Air B200
    Carenado King Air B350i
    Carenado Do228
    Carenado EMB500 Phenom 100
    Carenado EMB505 Phenom 300
    Alabeo C441 Conquest
    Carenado PA46 500TP Malibu Meridian
    Carenado Hawker 850XP
    Carenado S550 Citation II
    Carenado B1900D
    JSS Simulations Transall C-160
    IRIS Pilatus PC-24 SVJ
    IRIS Pilatus PC-21
    IRIS Pro Training Series Pilatus PC-9(Freeware or Payware)
    Captain Sim C-130
    Captain Sim 757
    Captain Sim 767
    Captain Sim 777
    Captain Sim B-52 Driver
    Captain Sim 727
    Captain Sim L-1011
    KSW how do you get the Captain Sim B-52 Driver to work in P3Dv4? I've managed to install it and it displays ok but I can't start the engines!

Thanks,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanHenry View Post
    KSW how do you get the Captain Sim B-52 Driver to work in P3Dv4? I've managed to install it and it displays ok but I can't start the engines!

Thanks,
    Ian
    Ian - I think he means that all of those planes in his list are not yet working in P3Dv4, and NEED to be working?
    JB
    Jim B.
    R/W Cessna 172 Pilot
    Captain, SWVA, NorCal Hub

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy3 View Post
    Ian - I think he means that all of those planes in his list are not yet working in P3Dv4, and NEED to be working?
    JB
    Ah right, I misunderstood that.

Regards,
    Ian

Working:
    - FlySimWare Cessna 195
    - FlySimWare NIEUPORT 24
    - FlySimWare GRUMMAN G-44A WIDGEON
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

PMDG NGX 800 & 700 now V4 native

re download via place of purchase

Ant's Airplanes Sierra LSA (V2.3) is fully P3D v4 compatible with a nifty muti-platform installer that follows LM's new policy of installing addons outside the root folder - or not, if you want. This sparky little sport 2-seater is beautifully modelled, fun to fly, well-equipped and cheap - £9 at Just Flight. I wish I'd bought this before the Alabeo Piper Cruz Sport!

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Blackbox Simulations have upgraded their Cessna L-19 Bird Dog to P3D V4. Looking at their site they have also updated their Beagle Pup and most of their products are listed as P3D V4 compatible.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 16