Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4 - Page 10
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft compatibility in Prepar3D V4

Quote Originally Posted by SiR_RiPPER View Post
    We just released the P3Dv4 version of our F-4B/N, along with a major update on our carrier technology.
    I like the look of the upcoming battle group package, the DDGs have me sold

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Here is mine Martyn.
    Thanks Pat. It looks like we've tracked down the cause of the DC-8 50 to 70 CTD and the developer is working on it now.

With Henk's assistance we've tracked down the cause of the CTDs that occur when switching aircraft and exiting P3D. We'll need to update the installers for a variety of products and we'll be doing that ASAP.

Martyn
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Thanks Pat. It looks like we've tracked down the cause of the DC-8 50 to 70 CTD and the developer is working on it now.

With Henk's assistance we've tracked down the cause of the CTDs that occur when switching aircraft and exiting P3D. We'll need to update the installers for a variety of products and we'll be doing that ASAP.

Martyn
    while your there can you revisit the night wing textures for the NAVY EW aircraft, theres lots of light for very few windows

Martyn, I managed to finally "trick" the P3Dv4 -50 to -70 DC-8 into loading onto my Win10 system last night (took two nights playing with installer compatibility settings...just won't launch) and it seems to be flying fine. When I managed to get the DC-8 -10 to -40 installer to finally launch (two nights of fiddling around also), there was no option to install into P3D v4...only radio buttons for install to v1, 2, or 3. So, glad to hear the installers will be fixed. Also glad to hear the CTD when switching planes will be fixed (has been happening since I reloaded the gorgeous Fokker F-27 into P3Dv4)...now if we could only get a service pack that included an external tanks option for the F27-200...grin...I know, ain't never gonna happen.

All good news from you, however.

Kent

This is not my experience either with Windows 10 or the installer which does indeed offer the P3D v4 option.
    No tricks were required and I have to wonder if you have somehow been using the old installer version.

Regards,
    Nick

ncooper-- Now you've got me wondering. I didn't get a choice of installers...I logged into Just Flight, went to "my Account" and redownloaded...and attempted to launch them-- no choice of installers that I know of. I suspect the link in my account probably does point to the old (non-P3D v4) installer for the DC-8-10 to -40 series-- which is why I didn't get that option. When I finally did get the installer on the DC-8-50 to -70 series to acutally launch, it did give me a P3D V4 option. I would have thought that when JF announces "Updated to P3D v4", it would mean anyone who bought it can access the new installers. But maybe not...

Kent

UPDATE - Well I'll be DIPPED...I went back tonight to the JF site, logged in, and voila! There was an option for DC-8 -10 to -40 for P3D v4. Don't know if it was in response to my post, it was simply late going up, or if I was simply oblivious to it being there since release. Either way, thanks to the folks at JF.
    Last edited by ColoKent; September 23rd, 2017 at 20:21.

I've finished updating the Sea Fury for P3D4. Along with updating the engine control gauge to 64 bit, I've also reworked the gun sight to function as a gyro gun sight with selectable target wing span and range, tweaked a couple of sound settings, and changed the material settings so reflections work allowing bare metal repaints. There are three new paint schemes in the new version, Burmese Air Force 1 Sqn, Cuban Air Force, and RAN 805NAS post Korea.
    I'll be sending a free download link to everyone with the original version as soon as I can get the email addresses out of the system. For anyone else interested it's available at the link below.

http://store.payloadz.com/details/25...fury-p3d4.html

Note the Burmese and Cuban aircraft weren't actually bare metal, which disappointed me when I found out!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-9-17_22-6-6-503.jpg  

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Is this upgrade free to current owners of the Sea Fury or will it finish up joining the A2A hangar queens?

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Pat if you read what he says.He will be sending out emails for the FREE update------

Cheers Chris

Martyn
    Over the weekend we identified an issue with SimConnect which caused some users to encounter CTDs in P3D v4 when switching from our aircraft to another aircraft, or when exiting P3D.

The following products were updated yesterday to address the issue and the latest installers can be downloaded from your account:

Canberra
    Chipmunk
    Chipmunk (Bubble Canopy)
    DC8 10-40
    DC8 50-70
    DH104 Dove
    F4U1 Corsair
    F27 Friendship
    Gulfhawk
    Hawk T1
    HS748
    Hunter
    Meteor
    Mosquito FBVI
    Tristar Professional
    C-46 Commando
    One Eleven
    Arrow III
    Arrow III + Turbo Arrow III/IV pack
    Turbo Arrow III/IV
    TB10/TB20

Thanks
    ​​​​​​​Martyn
    Last edited by Martyn; September 25th, 2017 at 02:52.
    Martyn

Over the weekend we identified an issue with SimConnect which caused some users to encounter CTDs in P3D v4 when switching from our aircraft to another aircraft, or when exiting P3D.

The following products were updated yesterday to address the issue and the latest installers can be downloaded from your account:

Canberra
    Chipmunk
    Chipmunk (Bubble Canopy)
    DC8 10-40
    DC8 50-70
    DH104 Dove
    F4U1 Corsair
    F27 Friendship
    Gulfhawk
    Hawk T1
    HS748
    Hunter
    Meteor
    Mosquito FBVI
    Tristar Professional
    C-46 Commando
    One Eleven
    Arrow III
    Arrow III + Turbo Arrow III/IV pack
    Turbo Arrow III/IV
    TB10/TB20

Thanks
    ​​​​​​​Martyn
    After downloading the new versions today

Im finding the tristar is invisible both internal and external, only 2d panel views work

if I switch to another JF product they are semi invisible as well

if i switch to another non JF product then try another JF product they appear to work

but if I try the tristar again, i get nothing

please refer to the posted video, it maybe still uploading so please check back at later time

https://youtu.be/oyCHHPRhGTA

Hi Matt,

That's not something that we've come across before but please contact our support team and they'll find a solution for you.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Mr Martyn, what about the DC10HD package that was already updated to p3dv4? Will it need a new installer too? It´s not in your addon list above.
    Thanks
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Hi Matt,

That's not something that we've come across before but please contact our support team and they'll find a solution for you.

Thanks
    Martyn
    no need i was able to resolve it

I only own the tristar not tristar pro package

owner operator error on my behalf, soz, i didnt release there was two versions

The DC-10 HD doesn't use our gauge system so it doesn't require the same update, however it does use some gauges provided by other developers and we are looking into issues with some of those.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Thanks for the feedback mr. Martyn
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Cerasim updates to v4

Cera AS365N3
    Cera Sikorsky UH60L
    Cera Bell222

Lots of the UKMIL aircraft work fine - especially the helis do. Like the Puma and CH-47, they are no upmarket in the systems though... But visually they are great!
    Best regards, Manfred.

A late post as ive been distracted by Miltons Havoc

the latest version of PTA for v4.1 has been released a few days ago

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...-new-features/

A few more from Carenado are now V4 compatible - sorry if this is already known..

• B200 King Air HD Series
    • C90B King Air HD Series
    • V35B Bonanza
    • F33A Bonanza
    • PA-28 181 Archer II

Nice to see the V35B Bonanza which I'm sure was originally only for FSX

Sorry its a few days old,

Majestic have released the P3Dv4 Dash8-400

Its not a free upgrade, there is a small fee ie about $20USD to update

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Restauravia have updated their Fouga Magister and Zephyr for P3dV4.

http://restauravia.fr/html/creations_p3d_v_4.html
    Arrgh - one of my favourites missed in the v4 hangar so far. Thank you very much for hint...
    Best regards, Manfred.

Carenado Cessna 185F has been updated to P3DV4 today

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    Carenado Cessna 185F has been updated to P3DV4 today
    ... as has their Cessna 208B Grand Caravan with steam gauges

I have just updated the C185F from simflight (new buy for 0 €), the C208B from Aerosoft shop.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Members who have read this thread: 16