FSUIPC5 for P3D4

Thread: FSUIPC5 for P3D4

FSUIPC5 for P3D4

FSUIPC5 for P3D4 is now available on Pete Dowson's forum! This is the free version. Apparently you will be able to get the full paid version on SimMarket sometime today.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/83448-fsuipc5-status-and-what-is-missing/

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/80977-updated-modules/

Do owners of paid FSUIPC4 get also 5 or does it have to be re-purchased?

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Do owners of paid FSUIPC4 get also 5 or does it have to be re-purchased?
    It's an all new purchase Dimus.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Phew, good news! That was fast and for me unexpected, since Pete ruled that out in a post some months ago.

I gladly pay for it, after using the previous pay versions for many years and always got free updates.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Blog Entries
    I will be happy to purchase the new version. PD3 V4 does't play well with my cockpit controls. I am addicted to having switches buttons to do things for me.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I think we will like PD3 V4. It sure looks like a winner to me.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

IMO it is only right and proper for this to be a new purchase. Pete is a stalwart of our community and just thinking about how essential his program is to our expanded functioning of our hobby is astounding. What great value for money he provides us.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

It is totally fair that this would be a new purchase. It is just that I boarded the FSUIPC train just after release of V3 so it is quite recent for me. Well, that's life I guess...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    IMO it is only right and proper for this to be a new purchase. Pete is a stalwart of our community and just thinking about how essential his program is to our expanded functioning of our hobby is astounding. What great value for money he provides us.
    I could not agree more! Well said.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

FSUIPC5 Registered is out for sale.

Check it out HERE!!!!
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Blog Entries
    WhooHoooo!

Got it!

Thanks for the heads up.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Blog Entries
    Affirmative...I got it too. Would have liked to see a modest discount for someone who has purchased previously twice, but not going to make a whinge about it. V4 is a new platform and it should be acknowledged that there is a price attached. No worries.

Darwin Award question...
    Rather than slogging through a complete profile setup, is there a way to safely use my old profile from FSUIPC4?

EDIT: Answering my own question.
    I did a copy and paste (very carefully) of calibrations, key mappings and other bits from the previous FSUIPC config file into V5, being careful not to over write synax specific to the new version.
    All of those bit seem to work without issue.

Note:
    The default control settings, even when calibrated to the TM HOTAS controllers were extremely hypersensitive. Rudder, toe brakes and throttle were wayyy to reactive.
    With FSUIPC5 the slopes applied, the rudder, brakes and throttle are back within realistic parameters.
    Last edited by gman5250; June 3rd, 2017 at 12:28.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Affirmative...I got it too. Would have like to see a modest discount for someone who has purchased previously twice, but not going to make a whinge about it. V4 is a new platform and it should be acknowledged that there is a price attached. No worries.

Darwin Award question...
    Rather than slogging through a complete profile setup, is there a way to safely use my old profile from FSUIPC4?

EDIT: Answering my own question.
    I did a copy and paste (very carefully) of calibrations, key mappings and other bits from the previous FSUIPC config file into V5, being careful not to over write synax specific to the new version.
    All of those bit seem to work without issue.

Note:
    The default control settings, even when calibrated to the TM HOTAS controllers were extremely hypersensitive. Rudder, toe brakes and throttle were wayyy to reactive.
    With FSUIPC5 the slopes applied, the rudder, brakes and throttle are back within realistic parameters.
    Peter said all you had to do was copy and paste your FSUIPC4 ini file over and then rename it to FSUIPC5. It worked like a charm. I didn't have to reset anything.

I never could get the trim to work correctly in PD4. With FSUIPC I now have working trim again.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Would have like to see a modest discount for someone who has purchased previously twice, but not going to make a whinge about it.
    I agree. It's a little bit disappointing because the owners of V3 upgrading to V4 were eligible for 50% discount.

This being a completely new 64bit version, I have no problem paying what I feel a very fair EUR 24. It has been years since I bought my original FSUIPC and received many upgrades over the years. Pete Dawson deserves a big thank you for jumping on this only days after the release of P3D v4. My new version is working perfectly with my Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and joystick.

Good job Pete.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Good job Pete.
    Tom, I second that. FSUIPC has been a mainstay in the FS world, and being so over the years without additonal costs to the user.

Cheeers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Seriously looking at getting P3D V4 as well as FSUIPC5. Just have to find the right way to convince my significant other. My brain is hurting
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Seriously looking at getting P3D V4 as well as FSUIPC5. Just have to find the right way to convince my significant other. My brain is hurting
    Honey, I accidentally bought the wrong module, now I'll have to buy a new sim to use it.

There's no convincing in my house....I just have to beg forgiveness or I wouldn't be in this hobby at all!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Something strange is happening to me. Went to the Simmarket page to make the purchase. All went well until after I filled in my details and CC numbers and got the green tick but since then nothing. Usually goes straight to a download link or an instant email but neither.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Something strange is happening to me. Went to the Simmarket page to make the purchase. All went well until after I filled in my details and CC numbers and got the green tick but since then nothing. Usually goes straight to a download link or an instant email but neither.
    Last few times I tried to buy from Simmarket my Bank put stop to it so it could be that even though I live in the USA could be the same.

Wow Just noticed I hit 1000 posts and it had to be in a forum for a sim I don't yet have in a place I don't usually post at.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gradyhappyg View Post
    Wow Just noticed I hit 1000 posts and it had to be in a forum for a sim I don't yet have in a place I don't usually post at.
    Be careful. This place can be addictive.

John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

Did you get your key number?
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    Did you get your key number?
    All good now. Went through PayPal. Downloaded and installed.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 0