Annuschka Adventures in the Orbx World - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Annuschka Adventures in the Orbx World

Quote Originally Posted by vora View Post
    Wonderful log. I definitely need to do a PNW tour as well again after I'm finished touring the Dalmatian coast.

BTW if your next destination is Sekiu then crank up all your sliders and be prepared get your mind blown. It's one of Misha's best work in my opinion. The surrounding is simply incredible. The airport in the midst of a forest shouldn't be a problem for the Anoushka, that thing is almost a helicopter, but beware of the deers close to the runway. And keep up the rules - there's a state prison nearby...
    Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

I am indeed headed to Sekiu next.... then a southerly turn. FWIW my sliders are already full right, hoping you're not seeing anything less than you're used to....

I'm already salivating at the thought of a steep approach in the Annuschka... Alex has done such a brilliant job with the FDE, that you can hold her right on the edge, and control your vertical speed with throttle very precisely. This flight model is incredible, and I can't find anything that compares. My fingers are crossed for Rob's upcoming MilViz Beaver........

Best- Carl

Yes, the Colt is possibly the most convincing flight model of any (of the many) aircraft I own. I used to own an airport in FSE in the Samoan Islands and one in the Seychelles, and I've done many a hop from island to island in the Colt. Perfect for that job.

Headed out of Sequim Valley... with lots of air under our wings, after yet another intersection departure. Have I mentioned I love this aeroplane?

We turned west and slipping below the starboard wing was the Ediz Hook Cgas Facility.... neat!

I've heard that the environment was important to the folks up here- nice to see someone's private solar array...

Here we are abreast Pillar Point with Clallam Bay just ahead....

Vora-

Seiku is indeed a slice of heaven! Here we are cruising down the north side of Calallam Bay, and while the sectional tells us that the airport is just over the ridge ahead and off to our left, I cannot see a thing..... incredible!

Time to investigate! After announcing on Unicom I flew a crosswind about where I though I would bisect the runway, and with the wind, and the short runway, I crossed over in time to see it laid out very nicely beneath my wings...

The plan was to fly a down wind, and then cross over to turn inbound (almost like a teardrop hold entry) so that I would allow myself the most time to stabilize the approach and to get comfortable..... lot's of positional announcements on Unicom- thankfully with the rains starting it was quiet here...

We did a 180 following the cliff line and lined up very nicely, just in time to suck some very plaid seat covers... this was going to be tight!

Pish posh- my Annuschka made short work of the approach- we had scads of room to play with. I tell you holding her on the edge, with slats and flaps out, and incredibly precise descent control with the throttle, we were down near the numbers, and stopped shortly after.... she's a DREAM TO FLY!

Once again Orbx has knocked it out of the park, for a six, well you get the idea! Completely believable PNW and rain to boot! Lovely, lovely, lovely....

All chocked up for the night... it's Taco Tuesday... and a Margarita awaits.... but not to worry. I won't be able to stay away from Orbx or my Annuschka for very long....

Best- Carl

This makes me want to grab a Cessna out of Bremerton and fly to Seiku for real; never been there. Beautiful shots and description! (Also makes me want to grab that AN-2 and try her out... Sibwings is it? )

Aye, 'it's the SibWings An-2 indeed. What Orbx does for scenery design, Alex Metzger hath wrought for the FDE. Superlatives don't quite suffice..... I'd rent that Cessna for sure....

BTW- seeing your name reminded me of something from a fair bit ago.....
    http://simflyer.blogspot.com/2006/12...all-about.html

Best- Carl

I spent some time studying the sectional trying to figure out the best way to Cushman Meadows. After a bit, I decided I would circle offshore a bit and climb to 900m and strike off towards Forks... so that's what we did.... Here we are turned around and getting ready to shove off...

The sun was already low in the sky as we climbed out... what a lovely place to live!

Here's the Penn I was warned about... don't want 3 hots and a cot here!

Here's the dilemma.... too high and we're in the thick of it... two low and we're done for... but what bush driver hasn't wrestled with the 'twixt?

Ain't it the truth?!?! I know that anxious feeling all too well.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Hope ORBX are paying you well for this extended infomercial.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

There's no dilemma. Even if I'd taken-off (which I doubt), I would turn back and land and wait for better weather.
    Last edited by thefrog; May 18th, 2017 at 01:49.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I don't see a dilemma either... follow the coast and stay over the water.
    Sekiu to Bowerman can be flown with wet feet entirely.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Hope ORBX are paying you well for this extended infomercial.
    Absolutely not Pat. The motivation is gratitude for what they have done to increase my willing suspension of disbelief- no more. Additionally, I hope this post is viewed by most as enjoyable- I'm not a fan of infomercials, and sorry that you feel this is one. I was merely trying to share my exuberance at my discovery, heretofore mostly flying in the higher FLs.

i did not realize this was offensive to some. I apologize and shall not disturb further.

Best- Carl

Hello Carl,

Though I do have a vested interest, please don't stop chronicling your virtual travels just because of one
    sarcastic remark.
    It's always a pleasure to see someone simply enjoying anything so much.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Hello Carl,

Though I do have a vested interest, please don't stop chronicling your virtual travels just because of one
    sarcastic remark.
    It's always a pleasure to see someone simply enjoying anything so much.
    Agree with Nick 100%. As its a virtual representation of my home town area, makes me miss the great PNW just a bit more while in Korea.

Perhaps Pat is tipsy from tending to the cantina he is bar-tending for. He'll be better in the morning I suspect.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

BTW, absolutely gorgeous pics and while I have always found the Colt to be unique, your story line makes me want to give her a try in my FSX hangar too.

Matt

Carl, I'm really enjoying your AN-2 virtual adventures in ORBX land. I have many ORBX offerings but never did pick up the AN-2. Lamenting on my lost opportunity in acquiring the Realair Lancair Legacy when I still had the chance,
    I decided not to risk this with the AN-2 so last night I plunked down the (very) few bucks necessary to put it in my hangar. Only 3 hours flying time thus far but having a blast with this high quality aircraft in PNW. Superb modelling and
    FSX optimization. I'm using the v2.3 FDE which feels great.

I am also one who experiences the FSX crash on exit with the AN-2 loaded and have read much about the phenomenon. My solution is to simply change aircraft to the default c172 and make certain it's showing in the FSX preview
    window prior to shutting down. It's a little annoying but a small price for the many hours of joy I know this aircraft will bring me....provided you're in no rush to get anywhere fast, of course

I love this thread, look for it every day! If you were pushing ORBX or SibWings on us you'd be mentioning other regions, Vector, Global, other aircraft... Keep on flying!

Those ORBX screenshot are from FSX or P3d?

I am loving the story line and pics.

You inspired me to get back to the low and slow flights.

So. keep bushing along, and don't you dare keeping it from us
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Any more progress to report? Love what you've shown thus far and it's getting me spun up on reinstalling my Orbx PNW region to recreate your route, as well as giving the An-2 a serious consideration for adding to my already full hangar. Just hoping one naysayer did not totally derail your vision.

Matt

I really appreciate the supportive feedback. I have really thought about this, and do not want to discount Pat's viewpoint. However, after some angst, I realized, I do not want to discount anyone else either. All I wanted to do was share my enthusiasm for what Orbx has added to my simming... that can't be too offensive....

With respect, people are free to choose what they want to read, and I would ask each to exercise their choice at will.

Cushman Meadows awaits....

Best- Carl

PS- In re. jeffv's question- P3D v3.4

Spot on attitude and reply Carl. I look forward to the forthcoming pics.

Matt

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    My comment was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek comment with no malice intended. FYI I am enjoying this tour as much as the rest of you. I have all the NA regions and many airports. I have eased off buying ORBX at the moment because of the PayPal thing.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    My comment was meant to be a tongue-in-cheek comment with no malice intended. FYI I am enjoying this tour as much as the rest of you. I have all the NA regions and many airports. I have eased off buying ORBX at the moment because of the PayPal thing.
    So sorry to hear about your affliction delaying your reply for 5 days. Hope it gets better with time.

Looking forward to additional shots.

Matt

Members who have read this thread: 0