Carenado C337H Skymaster Version 2 Announced - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carenado C337H Skymaster Version 2 Announced

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Carenado is claiming that the external lighting for v2.0 should work in DX10. They do not work in either DX9 or DX10. I'm back to v1.0. Enough time wasted.

There is a thread about the 337 on the P3D side. I think if your vid card can handle DX-10 then that shouldn't be a prob, at least the way I understand it.
    This pic is from P3D V3.4 Nav lights look okay to me.

For those still interested Carenado has released V2.1 which at least on my PC has fixed the lights issues in DX10. Got mine directly from Carenado so don't know if other venders have updated their installer yet.

At the present time "the flightsimstore"doesn't even have the V2 !
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

The lights have been corrected and also the GTN 750 housing in the VC! Way to go Carenado!

Cees

Indeed lights corrected, but my switches won't sound even with this new update, any ideas? Thanks,

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Alexander Colka

One would be to keep version 1 and install the Daniel Gauthier cockpit sounds tailor made for the aircraft.
    They're in the Avsim Library, cockpitsound_337.zip and probably better than what Carenado can't make work.
    For anyone who doesn't know, Daniel is the genius behind the cockpit sounds and voices in the C 47 VVC.

Regards,
    Nick

Yes, that's exactly how I had v1, I guess that the ticket system may give me an answer. Thanks ncooper.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Alexander Colka

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Mussotte View Post
    At the present time "the flightsimstore"doesn't even have the V2 !
    The Flightsim Store had a stand at the Wings Over the Illawarra air show over the weekend. Apparently Friday was a Trade Day and therefore much of the week would have been taken up with packing, travel, setting up the stand then 3 days of business at the air show, packing after the show, travel home and unpacking.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

On my Computer an FSX the 337 V2 2.0 has both a landing light and taxi light switch
    Taxi light turn on cover center left of runway
    Landing turn on cover center left of runway the same as Taxi light??

I would believe the landing light would be center right and or at least show an increase in the brightness

Cockpit Sounds

Just to clarify, do the cockpit sounds mentioned above work in V2?

Yes they do.
    Regards,
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    Yes they do.
    Great. Thanks for the reply.

I take it this "new version" is nothing like the major leap take, for example, with the RealAir Dukes? Why is it worth getting if you have the original model?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    I take it this "new version" is nothing like the major leap take, for example, with the RealAir Dukes? Why is it worth getting if you have the original model?
    In my case: the GTN750 integration in the model.

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    no the new version is just a HD version of the previous release, with some minor fixes and some overlooked shortfalls but cosmetic wise, from my end it does look a lot nicer

however the bugged release can be easily fixed if you keep the old aircraft.cfg and do some copy and pasting,

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post

The Flightsim Store had a stand at the Wings Over the Illawarra air show over the weekend. Apparently Friday was a Trade Day and therefore much of the week would have been taken up with packing, travel, setting up the stand then 3 days of business at the air show, packing after the show, travel home and unpacking.
    Thank you for the explanation

Regards

Pat
    DCS 2.5 - P3D V3&V4 - XPlane11 - Il BoX - Il46 Sturmovik - Windows 10 64 bit, Intel core i7-4720HQ, CPU 2.6 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 980M.

Not sure if you all caught it but they released 2.1....
    Gord

Can't find the 337 at all just now on the Carendo site. See it is now merged with Albeo.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Try here
    http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Port...ccion=viewcar&
    Click on products, select FSX and click on that, it's the second one on the list.
    Regards,
    Nick

Got it - thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 0