PA-28R Arrow III
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PA-28R Arrow III

PA-28R Arrow III

Hi all,

It's been a while since I last posted here so I thought I'd show off some pics of our latest creation, the PA-28R Arrow III. This project follows on from our last GA aircraft, the TB-10 and TB-20, so you can expect a similar (study sim) level of functionality.

The product is based on the Arrow III which belongs to my flying club, G-BGKU, so it features plenty of wear-and-tear!

Thanks
    Martyn
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VC_3.jpg   VC_1.jpg   Ext_KU.jpg   Ext_CB.jpg  
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

A few more...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VC_9.jpg   VC_6.jpg   VC_5.jpg  
    Martyn

That looks excellent!

Are you planning to support Flight1's GNS 530/430 and GTN 750/650?

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Sold!

Looks great, and if it is as accurate as the TB-10/20, it's going to be a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-HH View Post
    That looks excellent!

Are you planning to support Flight1's GNS 530/430 and GTN 750/650?

Greetings
    Tim
    Hi Tim,

We've already integrated the GTN 650/750. We hope to integrate the GNS 430/530 shortly.

Thanks
    Martyn
    Martyn

Looks great will surely buy that when released.

Many fond memories of the Arrow III. I once used one to pick up a stranded student pilot who suffered a prop strike on their first solo XC! That was exciting!
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Yes, after years of yeoman service from the 'Flying Club' Warrior and Archer, I'm really looking forward to this.

It does look really good!
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

Dirty textures? Like it!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I sure am hanging out for this one Martyn
    How much longer ?

John

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    It does look really good!
    Indeed it does!

Cheers

Paul

Wow, JF's skills have really grown through the years... this is looking fantastic!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Thanks for all of the positive feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    I sure am hanging out for this one Martyn
    How much longer ?

John
    We're in the latter stages of development now and are planning for a Q1 release.
    Martyn

I assume, from looking at the screenshots, that this is being developed by JF's in-house team rather than Aeroplane Heaven?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by thefrog View Post
    I assume, from looking at the screenshots, that this is being developed by JF's in-house team rather than Aeroplane Heaven?
    Yes, this is being developed by our in-house team.
    Martyn

The Turbo Arrow III was a very nice plane to fly in real life. I only flew the 201T, not the straight Arrow. This looks nice!

BP

Will the Arrow's gear retraction be modeled as it is in real life? The mains unlock, start halfway up, then drop back down as the nose gear retracts? Awesome videos of gear swings on YouTube show it well, as I'm sure you've seen IRL on takeoff as well.

I have to admit the texturing in that virtual cockpit is quite impressive

Blog Entries
    LIKE...WOW! That looks really well done!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Very impressive! My question is whether there will be different panel options, other than the RXP/payware gps options.

Reason I ask is I've flown in a few Arrows in the last year or so, and some of the avionics are updated. Garmin 430, newer Nav/com, transponder. That sort of thing.
    I type this and realize I seem very snooty lol. I don't mean to. My Cherokee is blessed with a great panel (purchased by previous owner) so I am very lucky. But, even other planes, Arrows/172/182/Bonanza of similar vintage are usually upgraded in many ways.

If it is a period simulation, aka a brand new Arrow off the line, I wouldn't expect the wear and tear.

Just trying to figure out what I am looking at buying here. It looks amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by BrittMac View Post
    Very impressive! My question is whether there will be different panel options, other than the RXP/payware gps options.

Reason I ask is I've flown in a few Arrows in the last year or so, and some of the avionics are updated. Garmin 430, newer Nav/com, transponder. That sort of thing.
    I type this and realize I seem very snooty lol. I don't mean to. My Cherokee is blessed with a great panel (purchased by previous owner) so I am very lucky. But, even other planes, Arrows/172/182/Bonanza of similar vintage are usually upgraded in many ways.

If it is a period simulation, aka a brand new Arrow off the line, I wouldn't expect the wear and tear.

Just trying to figure out what I am looking at buying here. It looks amazing.

The panel is an exact replica of the real G-BGKU, a nicely worn flying club aircraft (we always base our internally-developed aircraft on a specific real aircraft to allow for complete accuracy). Currently the panel is as shown in the screenshots with the option of integrating the Flight1 GTN 650 and GTN 750. We may integrate the Flight1 GNS 430 and 530 at a later date if there is demand for that.

Unfortunately it would be too much work to include a wide variety of avionics options e.g. several GPS units, several audio selectors, several transponders etc.
    Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    We may integrate the Flight1 GNS 430 and 530 at a later date if there is demand for that.
    There is demand for that. From me
    Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Yes, here too! For an older flying club aircraft like the Arrow III, I think a GNS 430/530 is much more realistic than the new and expensive GTN 650/750.

Greetings
    Tim
    Greetings
    Tim

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Any word on the gear retraction, sir? Looks great so far! Will definitely be picking this one up!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut172N View Post
    Will the Arrow's gear retraction be modeled as it is in real life? The mains unlock, start halfway up, then drop back down as the nose gear retracts? Awesome videos of gear swings on YouTube show it well, as I'm sure you've seen IRL on takeoff as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0