Flight replica me109-k4 rolls fwd under min throttle

Thread: Flight replica me109-k4 rolls fwd under min throttle

Flight replica me109-k4 rolls fwd under min throttle

This a/c has very sensitive ground handling and taxiing issues anyway, but I found that once started it tends to roll fwd quite strongly on min throttle when the hand brake is off.

Landing run-out is tricky because the a/c does not slow down because of the pwr still exerted under min throttle.

I resolved the issue by changing the lines in the a/c cfg file, as follows:

to: 'min_design_mp=6.4'

This change enables the a/c to remain stationary when the hand brake is not applied and the engine is on min throttle.
    Also this enables the a/c to slow down naturally on the landing run-out, obviating unnecessary application of the wheel brakes.

Do not really know what I am doing, but this works for me. Is there any better way of achieving the same result?

Mal

Under the General Engine Data section, there should be a "min_throttle_limit" line. On just about any piston engine, it should be set to zero. Once in a while, you come across a plane that just won't idle at zero throttle, and users will raise this to avoid having to remember to raise the throttle on the controller to prevent stalling. Check that line on yours - it it's set to zero already, disregard this post.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Tom,

Thanks for that, for some reason, just on the K-4 versions, the min throttle setting in the a/c cfg was up around 17. All of the other marks of this a/c were around 5 for the min setting.

Problem solved, thanks again.

Mal

Members who have read this thread: 0