JSS C-160 (My take on this new model) - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: JSS C-160 (My take on this new model)

Sorry you couldn't upload the Lynden livery. Thanks for the update.

Fantastic new paint Thomas, I hope you're able to upload it.

-Bob

Hi Thomas,

Made my own based on your Global livery. Thanks again for the paints!

Just uploaded 3 new repaints. Next to D-AMBA is

A new French Air Force 61-ZN in a realistic weathered paint scheme.

Repaint shows German Air Force 50+67 in german MBB demonstrator paint scheme in 1981 (See also D-AMBA repaint). Cn: D104. Transall C-160D was loaned to Indonisian Air Force/Pelita as PK-PTC for relocation (remigration) project in 1981. Back to German Air Force in 1982. In service until today.

Thomas

Okay, I finished yesterday my series of military and civil repaints of JSS Transall with the redo of TR-AAW Phab Aviation Transall. It wears a wrong registration. But now there are fresh news out about this real bird...

This repaint shows civil Central African registrated Westwind Transall C-160NG TL-AAW in 2015 paint scheme, cn F233. Wilken Group in Kenya Nairobi bought this aircraft in 2015. Operated for groupīs subsidiary Westwind Aviations. Aircraft went out for Pelita in 1986 and operated later for Manunggal Air as PK-VTR. Rebuilt to airworthy conditions 2014/2015 at Jakarta-Halim. Perhaps the last civil registrated airworthy Transall. Current status is unclear.

I hope you like my repaints.

Thomas

Wonderful Paints...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-3-13_7-3-43-885.jpg  

New in library. This repaint shows South African Air Force VFW C-160Z 337 in 1999. C/n Z4 build 1969. The South African Air Force operated nine C-160's from 1969 until budget restrictions forced their retirement in 1993. This Transall was preserved and remains on display with the SAAF Museum at Swartkop. The eight remaining airframes were stored at Swartkop until scrapping commenced in late March 2009, having previously been stripped of all valuable components.

Thomas

SOH-CM-2018
    Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    New in library. This repaint shows South African Air Force VFW C-160Z 337 in 1999. C/n Z4 build 1969. The South African Air Force operated nine C-160's from 1969 until budget restrictions forced their retirement in 1993. This Transall was preserved and remains on display with the SAAF Museum at Swartkop. The eight remaining airframes were stored at Swartkop until scrapping commenced in late March 2009, having previously been stripped of all valuable components.

Thomas
    Nice, will definitely add this one to the fleet.

Hi, bought this recently and it seems I have some sort of troubles to start up the engines. I follow up the checklist to point that APU is running, but when I set the main start switch on, fuel pumps on -there is no ready light above the start switches. Starter can be heard but there is no life on rpm or egt gauges. Moving condition levers forward does not fire the engine. Only thing I can point out is that I havenīt found the battery 2 switch, can it be electrical?

poi

Hi William.Just go to youtube and search JSS C-160.
    Last edited by paul day; August 18th, 2018 at 02:47.

Quote Originally Posted by paul day View Post
    Hi William.Just go to youtube and search JSS C-160.
    Thank You, there I was already. Their own forums seem to be hijacked as they sell there, was it body creams or something like that.

Further investigations point to the fact that this product seems to be abandoned by its producers. I bought mine from PC Aviator and their exe is version 1b as the Flight1 sells version 1 c. Upgrade seems to be impossible and earlier versions had obviously electric bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    Further investigations point to the fact that this product seems to be abandoned by its producers. I bought mine from PC Aviator and their exe is version 1b as the Flight1 sells version 1 c. Upgrade seems to be impossible and earlier versions had obviously electric bugs.
    You can get the upgrade to version 1c by visiting the JSS web site and clicking on the "Service Packs" tab at the top of the page:

http://jss-simulations.com/service-packs/

- RobM

Your link brought me to a canadian drug store scam site :/

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    [/HTML]
    Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Your link brought me to a canadian drug store scam site :/
    Brought me to the correct site. Damn, I needed those drugs.

Wow! The link was connecting to the JSS site yesterday (I tested in the preview).

Admins: you had better take that link down.

I guess the JSS site may be compromised. That's where the upgrade to 1c is, but what you may get if you try to
    download now might be anyone's guess.

- RobM

Strange, when I click on the link above, I reach the scam page.
    But if I search for JSS-simulations on google, click on it, then navigate to the service packs from their home page, it works. I don't understand what's going on :/

I also get sent to the Canadian online drug store with that link.

The address still says "http://jss-simulations.com/service-packs/"

All links even from google chrome search results are also sending me to the online drug store.

If I use the link from Flight 1's JSS Simulations page I can get to the proper site. Very strange.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

I think it's a re-direct cookie or some such that somehow got inserted. That's why I asked the admins to take the link down.

- RobM

That medicine store I was too, but now I managed to download the latest sp. I have engines running:-) Thanks.

Too long pause between type rating. Any idea why I get compressor 1 & 2 oil warning alarm after 10-15 min after take-off?

Quote Originally Posted by William Njurmi View Post
    Too long pause between type rating. Any idea why I get compressor 1 & 2 oil warning alarm after 10-15 min after take-off?
    It's been a while since I've "flown" it. If I remember correctly, the compressor oil switches should be in "Auto" for ground use, and "Normal or On" for flight. If the power is reduced too a low setting the compressor oil lights will illuminate. Should not pose a problem during climb or cruise. But you have to plan your descent accordingly so you can keep engine power high enough to keep the lights extinguished. Luckily, the C160 has speed brakes and relatively high flap speeds that can assist in keeping the power up on descent and approach. Hope that helps.

Ok, so its must be height initiated warning. Wonder if anybody got the reality XP 530 or 750 to work with this bird. Setting same size at least gets it all over the gps gauges.

It has nothing to do with height, it's strictly associated with power settings. I use the Flight1 GTN750 as a pop up and it works fine in the C-160.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by TiAr View Post
    Great models - I have a lot of fun with them. Nearly finished my repaint of F-BUFP, one of four Air France C-160P, based in Orly in the 1980ies.

Hope you like it.

Thomas
    Hello, I recently acquired this airplane for P3Dv5, it does not have those liveries - are those custom made ?
    where can I get them ?

Thank you

They are all here in Warbirds Library, search for Transall.

Good Luck and have fun!

Thomas

Members who have read this thread: 1