USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower Version 2.0 by Javier Fernandez

Thread: USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower Version 2.0 by Javier Fernandez

USS Nimitz & USS Eisenhower Version 2.0 by Javier Fernandez

Found all but 2 of the texture files in CVW7 & CVW11 texture folders. But 2 textures I cannot locate in any folders. They are ; Tower.dds and CVCC.dds. They are missing. Anyone know where they might be?
    Last edited by armenius; December 17th, 2016 at 17:42.

I looked through the zipfile I DL'd to install the Nimitz from. I didn't see those two files anywhere. I did find a cvcc_2.dds, but to me it looked like the wheel in the center of a watertight door. I don't know just why you're looking for those two files.
    May I ask why you're looking for those files?
    Pat☺

armenius, also checked the complete download folders for both files. Only CVCC2.dds was found. I have used the Nimitz/Ike carrier for years and haven't ever found a black area indicating a missing texture. Also wondering why you are looking for these two textures.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

The way you ask..it sounds like you think I'm up to something nefarious. I preview scenery objects before installing with ModelconverterX. Usually to see the quality of object/textures, in this case to compare different carriers and loadouts. It shows the 2 missing textures, and the areas aren't rendered, so I assumed they were missing.

I don't have CVW7 or 11 called in the sim.cfg though I have the texture folders.

This model is 'LEGEND'.. a yardstick by which all other carriers can be measured. By checking it for quality in MCX, you're wasting your time. There isn't a better carrier in FSX

ATB
    DaveB

The way you ask..it sounds like you think I'm up to something nefarious.
    I didn't mean to give that impression. I sincerely apologize.
    I was just curious, as I haven't noticed any missing textures either. Sorry for giving a mistaken impression.
    Pat☺

A quick rethink on CVW-7 and 11.. they're the air wings for Nimitz and Ike. Not checked but I guess the model will call these textures depending on which ship you're using

ATB
    DaveB

Np apology necessary..Pat. I'm quite used to misunderstandings on-line. My statement was more puzzlement than some type of admonishment.

Originally I had downloaded and previewed CarrierGroupMiramarPUB V4.0. But it too was missing textures, actually quite a few, perhaps it uses some of the textures for the default carrier. Then I came to this scenery, which I now see is the best carrier scenery out. It does call for Acceleration but I run SP2. Sometimes I just use the object in a given scenery as a static object.

Quote Originally Posted by armenius View Post
    The way you ask..it sounds like you think I'm up to something nefarious. I preview scenery objects before installing with ModelconverterX. Usually to see the quality of object/textures, in this case to compare different carriers and loadouts. It shows the 2 missing textures, and the areas aren't rendered, so I assumed they were missing.
    MCX is not bullet proof, it can sometimes give you false positives. There may be some remnants in the model that are giving the error. If you don't see anything amiss in the sim don't worry about it.

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

I, too, am one who likes to make sure that everything the author intended is there with the models I use. I make mistakes all the time with stuff I leave out of miss in the files I upload. I also find that I download compilations from people who aren't the original author and they forget things, too. And by looking around I can usually find the missing files and get to see features that were missing. For instance, I was able to use the searchlight on the FSX Native S2F's because I checked it out and then found the missing file in another plane by Milton.

Another example is the sound files. Many of the sound files called out in the sound.cfg file are missing from what appear to be the original releases of the carrier, and they are not default files as far as I can tell (I made a copy of my default sound and effects directories long ago). I did find them in the "All Task Forces" release.

So... If anyone is interested, the two files the OP of this thread was talking about cover some relatively unimportant stuff.

Tower.dds looks like the floor underneath the binocular looking things on the back side of the island/tower. That's the only surface I could find that it affected. Affected surface(s) are highlighted red.

cvcc.dds covers what looks like a bunch of doors and bunks inside of the ship in the front internals of the ship.

I thought maybe I could copy CVCC2.dds in its place, but no such luck. CVCC2.dds looks like some sort of fan or turbine texture.

I'm not sure why people came down so hard on the OP, he was just asking a question about if anyone knew what the textures were or where they might be found so he could feel like it was finished. They were all correct, there isn't much lost without those two textures, and the more I check out this ship the more impressed I am by all the detail in it. Incredible. Just thought I'd shed some light on his questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenShot 20190328-001.jpg   ScreenShot 20190328-003.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0