C310- but why?

Thread: C310- but why?

C310- but why?

Alabeo has announced their next project, and it will be Cessna C310. I don't know why they choosed that one.

Depends on what model they plan to do. There were some who were disappointed that the MilViz version wasn't the early short-nose version (B model) which was consider to be the iconic 310. Personal preference I guess.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Agreed Ed-- a "Blue Canoe" would be nice, but alas...**another** Cessna 310R...

Kent

i like the idea,i like carenado and alabeo planes,ill take any,i wish they would do a twin otter and a beaver.

Hey Dave...Beaver is inbound from MilViz...

Kent

Does the Aerosoft Twin Otter get bad reviews? I thought it was very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by davido53 View Post
    Does the Aerosoft Twin Otter get bad reviews? I thought it was very well done.
    I would not think so , the Aerosoft Twin Otter really is friggen impressive !

Indeed why a C310, spent many hours in the 310R for real over the years, hated them, at full load they were like riding a greasy pig, give me a Baron any day!.

Alabeo: STOP! That's right STOP the silliness of making another ugly long nosed C310. We already have the MilViz payware one and there is a freeware version. We also have a very nice early -B straight tail/tuna tank version from Rob Richardson.

This is the one that we want:

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Preferably not a C310 at all IMHO. But Carenado/Alabeo have a history of very often doing the aircraft that they have direct access to, so it may well be that they have access to a Cessna 310R.
    Asking for a specific type is probably a waste of time.
    I do like the visual quality of whatever they do, though, so I may get it, even though I really like the Milviz version.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Beech Twin Bonanza would be cool!
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Depends on what model they plan to do. There were some who were disappointed that the MilViz version wasn't the early short-nose version (B model) which was consider to be the iconic 310. Personal preference I guess.
    The reason for the Milviz C310R is that is what Ken Stallings owned, so that's what we based our model on...
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

I to also prefer the look of the short nose versions of the 310 but there were actually practical aerodynamic reasons for the long nose. The short nose versions B - Q were less stable and had the glide rate of a rock. The long nose R was a much smoother and more stable ride. I've talk to pilots who have flown both and they agree.

I have a 310. Don't need another. I like my Milviz 310. Could care less that Alabeo is wasting time on redundancy. And though I really can't see the nose from the cockpit, that short nose is fugly.

What would really be good news is that someone is working on a brand new Turbo Otter.

Ahh man, I was hoping for a Boeing 737.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

short nosed version and I am all in.

Renders on their site would indicate a long nose version.

Mike

Makes no sense whatsoever. The MilViz 310R is excellent and quite realistic in handling, I seriously doubt that a Carenado/Alabeo 310 is going to be significantly better and I seriously doubt it will have a better flight model or systems modeling.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0