Really Bad Frame Rate Problems (Or Something!) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really Bad Frame Rate Problems (Or Something!)

Have you tried looking in Task Manager, Details when FSX is running to see if anything is using up CPU time or resources?

Hi, I ran the task manager while in game and it showed:-

CPU 28.6% 2.18Ghz 1,062.1 Mb Memory

Then Utilization 29% 2.20Ghz Process 6.4 Threads921 Handles 34911

Does that help?

ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post
    Hi, I ran the task manager while in game and it showed:-

CPU 28.6% 2.18Ghz 1,062.1 Mb Memory

Then Utilization 29% 2.20Ghz Process 6.4 Threads921 Handles 34911

Does that help?

ChipShop
    Looks like FSX is using a single core out of 4.

Check FSX.cfg for Affinitymask - just comment it if found, to see if this fixes your problem.

[JOBSCHEDULER]
    AffinityMask=

You can also use Task Manager to set the affinity and priority while FSX is running to verify. But it only lasts for that session.

Gérard

Hi Gerard,

Affinity Mask = 14

However, when I ran the task manager with FSX running and it shows that CPUs 0 and 1 were in use but 2, 3 and 4 were parked!

I've deleted the cfg. file again and started with default settings and gradually added in settings to get back something like normal; however, the screen isn't stable at all, jittery and jerky movements still unfortunately!
    FSX is the only sim that I'm having problems with:- IL-2 CloD; RoF both work perfectly, on this same system!

ChipShop

This happend to me after an update to my videocard. I run an GTX1070 .
    I had to wait until Nvidia released a new update to the card and after that I was back to normal. Also make sure that vertical sync is on in the Nvidia control panel. " If you use Nvidia of course"

No More Messing About!

Guys, thanks for all your kind help; but, it just isn't happening! Therefore, I've decided to take the plunge and go for a complete reinstall! Well away from the default location this time!
    ChipShop

To illustrate a point!

Not that it will change my decision to do a complete reinstall; but, this sequence of 4 screenshots illustrate, that from a single view point how the screen is jerking in and out without me changing position or anything. So much so, (and I know this aircraft is a huge one) that it doesn't allow normal functions like turning on nav. lights; proper start up of engines and the like, all very frustrating!
    Still re-install here we come!
    ChipShop
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-11-10_12-45-15-804.jpg   2016-11-10_12-45-21-142.jpg   2016-11-10_12-45-34-220.jpg   2016-11-10_12-45-35-166.jpg  

Conclusion

Hi Guys,
    I thought it only fair to anyone with a similar problem; who is reading this thread, in the hope of some help and guidance!
    My conclusion to this problem was rather drastic, but necessary!
    A complete reinstall of FSX and it's mods!
    I very soon discovered that my whole FSX system was clogged up with all sorts of clutter and bits left behind from uninstalled mods and add ons! Furthermore, my new install of FSX was directed to a totally different drive, well away from the default C:\ x86 path!
    I now have a useable FSX and am enjoying FSX once more!
    ChipShop

Members who have read this thread: 0