More Bad News - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: More Bad News

I wish you all the best, Ickie!
    I hope that you're one of the survivors. You've been doing great so far, so keep it up!
    No matter what, I'll wager you will hold your head high, and maintain your constant good humor.
    All the luck in the world to you, sir!
    Pat☺

Icon27 Reply...

Ron,

Get in, be aggressive, and push for treatment ASAP. Keep eating, and do everything possible to live normally and avoid dwelling on it. I have very high confidence you will find a way through this.
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Stay strong Ickie...we're all behind you.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I'm in your corner Ron. We have to stick together and show the world just how strong we oldies are.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Like all the other members here, I'm very sorry to hear this.

It seems that you have a tough time ahead.

But that said, you come across as strong person, and someone who doesn't want to give up.

The fact that SoH and it's community is still here after all these years is a testament to that!

Cheers

Paul

Well....that's quite the challenge that's been set up for you, sir.

No doubt, you've got the strength and fortitude within to meet it, to beat it.

Damn the torpedoes, let 'er rip, Ron.
    Last edited by magoo; November 23rd, 2016 at 20:36.

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We shouda listehd

Quote Originally Posted by Ickie View Post
    More Bad News

3 days ago I seen my VA Dr, went in for labs 7 am and it took all day with the DR and xrays and more lab work.
    Last night my Dr called me.
    I have a mass in my left chest the xrays shown , and now have to go in for a CT scan, it isn't looking good.

What made my Dr look was the fact I lost 20 lbs in 2 months, They checked my weight when I broke my back 2 months and again 2 days ago and I am eating good too.
    I have hacking and light pain in left chest for awhile and told my DR months ago and it too has gotten bad.

boy when things go bad it really hits hard. (@ the moment I need a pick me up.)

I go in for an MRI sunday morning on my neck. It has been hurting since I broke my back and have had an injury from the Army in 1972 to my neck, I walked off a clif in the middle of the night and I was on POINT, lol

now where did I put that bullet for my .45
    im sorry tohear that iwas the same weight now all ido is sit in thiis dammed wheelchair and eat ive gone up to 280 poungs H
    DONT CRY WHEN YOU LOSE SOMEONE
    SMILE BECAUSE YOU KNEW THAT PERSON
    IN ABOOK!

Blog Entries
    it has been almost 2 weeks since the lung biopsy and it musta triggered something, I have increased pain in my left lung and hacking and weesing I started using an inhaler "combivent respimat" and it helps some with the hacking. I also have a headache, this could be because the mass in my lung is around the artery going to my brain or the cancer has spread to my brain.
    tomorrow I am going in for a pep scan then on thursday a breathing scan, then i think i will be handed over to the cancer dr.
    Look What I Have Become!

Ickie- Sounds like tough sledding...We are pulling for you!

Kent

Wish you all the best, Ickie. Wish I could do more!

hertzie

Icon27 Reply...

it has been almost 2 weeks since the lung biopsy and it musta triggered something, I have increased pain in my left lung and hacking and weesing I started using an inhaler "combivent respimat" and it helps some with the hacking. I also have a headache, this could be because the mass in my lung is around the artery going to my brain or the cancer has spread to my brain.
    tomorrow I am going in for a pep scan then on thursday a breathing scan, then i think i will be handed over to the cancer dr.
    Ickie,

Keep fighting hard, and keep advocating as loud as you can, even get a friend or lawyer to help if need be. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, so this is the time to be a supreme pest!
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Ron, my Father was diagnosed with Stage 3B Non-Small Cell Carcinoma in his right lung 2007 and he's still here today despite the odds. I truly hope for any form of positive outcome for you on this. Keep your chin up!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Good luck mate, I hope everything works out ok for you and your dad.

Regards,
    Ian

Blog Entries
    I am off to the PET scan
    Look What I Have Become!

Blog Entries
    I got there and they took me to a small dark room and injected me with radiation and I had to set there for 1 hour then go to the scan room on this tiny hard table and it took 15 minutes to scan me.
    tomorrow I got to go for a breathing test, this sucks I had one 7 years ago, lol.
    Look What I Have Become!

Blog Entries
    No word yet on the PET scan.

Today I had a breathing test.
    I normal breath at 73%
    after 6 shots of breathing spray (arbruathaw?) a 2 day supply, it went up to 90%
    Look What I Have Become!

No word yet on the PET scan.

Today I had a breathing test.
    I normal breath at 73%
    after 6 shots of breathing spray (arbruathaw?) a 2 day supply, it went up to 90%
    The values show that there is no real blockage in your airways. I think they gave you Salbutamol/Albuterol. Its known under many names, but these are the most common ones. In two weeks I need to do my yearly breathing test. At those moments you realise that breathing is not as simple as we all think

Cheers,
    Huub

a War not only a battle

Hello,
    Sorry for my English, I work in healthcare in XR diagnostic but also in therapy.
    All i can say to You it's That you have a war to the disease and in a war there is lot of battes and keep in mind That somes battles are lost but the post important it's Win the war...good luck and ne courageous

Blog Entries
    they just called, Monday 2 pm I go to the Oncology Dr
    Look What I Have Become!

Ickie-- That's great news-- the sooner you can get lined up to start fighting this thing, the more "in trouble" it will be! Very glad to hear that there is forward progress on this for you.

Kent

Fight that battle, Ron. You CAN do it! Best of luck to you!

Don

Hello Ickie,

I just found this thread yesterday; I don't visit this part of the boards much.
    It took me a while to type this because I can't think of anything really meaningful to say without it sounding like yet another cliché.

Good Luck in fighting this illness.
    It won't be easy, but hopefully you will be successful.
    You will be in our thoughts.

- Ivan.

Blog Entries
    Just in.
    more bad news in a letter from my Dr. The final results are in.
    Final diagnosis is a stage 4 squamous cell cancer in left upper lobe of lung.
    the median stage 4 non-small cell lung is cancer life expectancy (the time at which 50 percent of patients are alive and 50 percent have passed away) is only around eight months. The 5-year survival rate, that is the percent of people who are expected to be alive five years after a diagnosis of stage 4 lung cancer is sadly only four percent.
    Look What I Have Become!

probability

Just in.
    more bad news in a letter from my Dr. The final results are in.
    Final diagnosis is a stage 4 squamous cell cancer in left upper lobe of lung.
    the median stage 4 non-small cell lung is cancer life expectancy (the time at which 50 percent of patients are alive and 50 percent have passed away) is only around eight months. The 5-year survival rate, that is the percent of people who are expected to be alive five years after a diagnosis of stage 4 lung cancer is sadly only four percent.
    Ickie, You have found probability for This type of diseace but all people are unique and a treatment personnal , don't trust in number but in your capacity of overcome diseace. The mind is the most important thing and your friends and your family That can help You.
    Last edited by georges-andre; December 3rd, 2016 at 13:02.

Quote Originally Posted by georges-andre View Post
    Ickie, You have found probability for This type of diseace but all people are unique and a treatment personnal , don't trust in number but in tour capacity of overcome diseace. The mind is the post important thing and your friends and your family That can help You.
    Yep, what George-Andre said. And we're all behind you, all the way.

Mike

Members who have read this thread: 1