Iris T-6 Texan II Pro Course adjust?

Thread: Iris T-6 Texan II Pro Course adjust?

Iris T-6 Texan II Pro Course adjust?

I know some users here have this aircraft. I bought it during their sale recently. I like it a lot but am having some navigation issues.

I read through the manual but what it says to do is not working for me. I also get a sound.ini error on startup. Sounds still work for the most part. The wind indicator reads backwards but that's minor really. I'm more concerned about: How to tune a course?

I should be able to press NAV on the UFCP then tune a course and press ENT, but that doesn't work. I get this goobily gook on the readout. From the manual I should also be able to turn the data entry dial and set a course from there. The numbers change on the UFCP itself when I do this but I'm unable to set it for good... it always defaults back to what was in before. Also is there a way I can just rotate the NAV1 needle without tuning a specific course? If can use the RMI to see what radial/course I'm on but I'd like to be able to tune one manually.

What am I missing?

FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Just fired this up to check Ryan. The UFCP page you have there is the main 'front' one, the window you indicate normally has the IFF code and mode in it. To change VOR you select NAV on the UFCP, ensure BP1 or 2 is selected to VOR (as you have done with BP1) then enter the course into the scratchpad (bottom window) in the UFCP NAV page with the keypad (remembering to hit enter after). The VOR frequency is entered in the NAV TUNE page (which I guess you have figured out!). Don't think there is any way to adjust it with a rotating knob unfortunately.

Nick

Edit - select CRS in the NAV page, then twiddle the UFCP data entry knob til set, then press ENT. Learn something new every day! Now if I could only get both comm radios to work seperately, that would be great..

Yeah I tried all of that.... it's not working. Technically the product didn't say compatible with P3D v3.4 - only versions 1 and 2. So it could be that.

Argh!

edit: for clarity.... I can enter a course, but once I press ENT it just goes back to what it was. I can also spin the data entry knob and that will change the course, but after pressing ENT it defaults back again! It's weird.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Well that's really wierd. Works okay in P3D 3.35 as I hardly use FSX anymore. Guess I won't be in a hurry to update atm...

Members who have read this thread: 1