JF Hunter F.6 / FGA.9 preview - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JF Hunter F.6 / FGA.9 preview

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    That looks like a beatiful model !
    The canopy glass material is not great though. And plans to improve it to give a more realistic look ?
    Thankyou. What exactly do you not like about the glass? I think it may be a lighting thing in the shots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dutch Hunter.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by bazzar View Post
    Well, seeing as we don't plan to build actual multipie variants, as there are very little visual differences between the export models and the F.6 and FGA.9 we thought it would be nice to include these schemes for the non-painters out there. Got a problem with that?
    Doesn't bother me as I won't be buying it anyway.

You're glass material is great IMHO. The bird overall materials look like a repainters dream. Seems like most everything is activated. +1
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Love the "Miss Demeanour" paint!

Constructive criticism here, as this is one of my favorite Hunters and would love to do virtual displays with it. There seem to be a few differences in the red/yellow areas and the size and location of the stars compared with the real one:

Real:

Yours:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MissD1.jpg  

Thankyou. What exactly do you not like about the glass? I think it may be a lighting thing in the shots.
    Ah! A Dutchie!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Love the "Miss Demeanour" paint!

Constructive criticism here, as this is one of my favorite Hunters and would love to do virtual displays with it. There seem to be a few differences in the red/yellow areas and the size and location of the stars compared with the real one:
    I seem to recall that Miss Demeanour underwent a repaint of the original scheme a while ago, and I remember some differences between the old scheme being pointed out, so it's possible that the repainted scheme is the one that was chosen for the JF pack.

Maybe the Hunter fans can confirm this.

Cheers

Paul

Blog Entries
    WOW! Ya gotta love the HUNTER!!!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Doesn't bother me as I won't be buying it anyway.
    So apart from trying to score internet points, why comment?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    All I can say is Dilligaf.
    Um... yes?

Not the sort of reply expected from a "senior administrator" to a very respected member of the Flightsim community.The last great Hunter was produced by DaveG.

Dave my apologies on behalf of the community your work is greatly appreciated.

Cheers Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    I seem to recall that Miss Demeanour underwent a repaint of the original scheme a while ago, and I remember some differences between the old scheme being pointed out, so it's possible that the repainted scheme is the one that was chosen for the JF pack.

Maybe the Hunter fans can confirm this.

Cheers

Paul
    There is a nice story and explanation about the scheme by Jonathon Whaley himself at the Heritage Aviation site:

http://www.heritageaviation.com/inde...colour-scheme/

It seems even the location of the major stars is specific, representing Jonathon's family signs (Aries Virgo and Taurus).

All this talk is a little irrelevant and is not meant to take anything away from what seems to be a really nice model. It would be nice if JF could do this paint correctly, otherwise I intend to do it again myself using the paintkit that hopefully will be made available.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Not the sort of reply expected from a "senior administrator" to a very respected member of the Flightsim community.The last great Hunter was produced by DaveG.

Dave my apologies on behalf of the community your work is greatly appreciated.

Cheers Chris
    I agree with this comment. I have enjoyed Daves' Hunters in FS2004 and FSX. I await the new Hunter with great anticipation.

SOH-CM-2021
    I doubt if anybody here has a greater knowledge of the Hunter than Dave G.

Den.

SOH-CM-2018
    I haven't seen a Rhodesian paint scheme yet, so I hope the paint kit will be included from the start.

There is a Rhodesian AF scheme in the set.

Well, for a well-respected member of the FS community, your last comment was indeed interesting. Way to get more respect. I am sorry if a cloud has edged over your sun at the moment but it is not intentional and you most certainly can't "own" the subject. For whatever the reason, you dislike us, I get it but your comments in other forums indicate some pretty deep wounds. Time to move on my friend.

SOH-CM-2018
    There is a Rhodesian AF scheme in the set.

Sorry for my late reply.
    In the latest shots, the canopy glass seemed a bit greyish, king of milky, which gives a FS9-ish impression.
    But as you said, it might simply be a lighting issue, since the canopy looks quite good in the first screenshot of the topic.
    Again, my comments were only about the materiel or texture of the canopy, nothing else. The rest of the model looks simply fantastic

No worries. If you know the recently released Meteor, the canopy materials are the same.

Can I ask a technical question...what about the exterior materials?

1. Specifically, is a single fresnel affecting both specular and Reflection? (Please say no...hoping)

2. Is alpha reflection enabled 100% in the 3d. So that full reflection can be controlled by the alpha channel?

3. Dies it use the default environment map callout? (Enables dynamic reflections in P3D).

Just curious about these 2 items....Unfortunately for my wallet my passion for.this aircraft will yield a purchase either way...
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

"And now, ladies and gentlemen, coming in over the black sheds . . . The Black Arrows."
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Blog Entries
    Very nice Bazzer, very nice indeed

Ian

Members who have read this thread: 1