HU: JF TriStar Pro on sale!

Thread: HU: JF TriStar Pro on sale!

HU: JF TriStar Pro on sale!

"Tristar Pro at low low price of just £14.99 / €18.95 / $21.99 this weekend. Use code WEEKEND in cart for discount"

https://twitter.com/JustFlight/statu...51062683025408

I'm not the biggest fan of big jets, but the discount and feature list were too good to pass up.
    The rendition is apparently slightly more complex than Captain Sim's.

Product page:
    http://justflight.com/product/l1011-...ional-download

Attempted a short test flight. Just a "lap around the boat" so to speak. Got an OOM before turning on final, after half an hour of ground ops and flying. And I'm running FSXSE in DX10 mode without any fancy scenery add-ons.

Checked the model and textures. 700 drawcalls for the model with only 130000 polygons and 400+ MB of textures. What a huge freaking waste of resources and a huge disappointment, especially since the package otherwise (panels, systems, etc...) made a good first impression.

Deleted the aircraft for now and will have to think of something to improve VAS usage should I decide for a second go one day.

Hi Bjoern. We'll definitely investigate the issue but we've only received a couple of reports of performance-related issues in the few years that we've been selling it, so I can only assume that not everyone encounters OOMs (as the developer of the 'Pro' upgrade, I spent many many hours flying the aircraft and I didn't encounter a single OOM with a relatively modest PC). The 'Pro' upgrade added a ton of animations and visibility tags to the engineers panel so that would have increased draw-calls significantly, but obviously it shouldn't be to the point where the product is unusable.

Regarding refunds, please contact our customer service team and they'll be happy to provide you with a refund.
    Martyn
    Just Flight Development Manager

Great customer service at JF!

Cees

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    Hi Bjoern. We'll definitely investigate the issue but we've only received a couple of reports of performance-related issues in the few years that we've been selling it, so I can only assume that not everyone encounters OOMs (as the developer of the 'Pro' upgrade, I spent many many hours flying the aircraft and I didn't encounter a single OOM with a relatively modest PC). The 'Pro' upgrade added a ton of animations and visibility tags to the engineers panel so that would have increased draw-calls significantly, but obviously it shouldn't be to the point where the product is unusable.

Regarding refunds, please contact our customer service team and they'll be happy to provide you with a refund.
    Hi Martyn,

thanks for also replying here. I've replied to your post on Avsim, so let's just carry on there instead of having to duplicate everything here.

Members who have read this thread: 0