MD500E Helicopter

Thread: MD500E Helicopter

FlyTexas

Cool MD500E Helicopter

A very nice MD500E helo has been uploaded to flightsim.com. File name is fs04md5g.zip. This is a very well done update of the Nemeth brothers freeware MD500E. You can tell that the author really put a lot of work into this helo. She flies just as good as she looks too.

Brian

Thanks for the HU Brian, do you now see the skids outside on VC view?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Downloading now ! Thanks for the tip, sir ! Don't fly the helos as much as I used to...gotta dust off the rotors and take a hop.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

FlyTexas
    Quote Originally Posted by VPL Paolo Lao View Post
    Thanks for the HU Brian, do you now see the skids outside on VC view?
    Yes, but you'll have to open the door. :d Oh and the helo comes with custom sounds which are fantastic!!

Brian

I suck big time when it comes to flying choppers but that sure looks nice
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

FlyTexas
    Quote Originally Posted by AusWilko View Post
    I suck big time when it comes to flying choppers but that sure looks nice
    :costumes: Me too, but I can actually fly this one. I just flew in a thunderstorm and still was able to make a decent landing. She really flies very well.

Brian

SOH-CM-2020
    Might have to get this

I've had the original 500E in the sim for several years and love it.

How does this updated one compare?

Pete.

FlyTexas
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post
    Might have to get this

I've had the original 500E in the sim for several years and love it.

How does this updated one compare?

Pete.
    This one is light-years ahead of the previous version, imho. New instruments, new texturing, new sounds, new FDE - the author has almost rebuilt the entire helo....even the MDL file has been reworked. This model has now become my default "modern" helicopter.

Brian

Blog Entries
    I checked the model file with the garmin package and the model file with the original Nemeth release and they are both the same file size. The only thing I see that he updated was the handling of the helicopter, sounds, panel/gauges. other then that, awesome work.

Now if he really wants to tinker with the model, he can let me know and I can provide him with the material needed

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Thanks for the reply Brian, you dont see that on the old model, IMHO its good to know that it's there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Does anyone know whether repaints for the original model work with this update?

Also, looks the the EC120B has been updated too - it's up at Hovercontrol (FS2004_EC120B_2009_Garmin.zip)

Az

FlyTexas
    Yes, repaints for the previous version (like the one shown below) appear to work just fine with the updated model. Thanks for the tip regarding the EC120B. :ernae:

Brian

FlyTexas
    Here are a few screenies of the EC120B which Aztec mentioned. The author of the MD500E has created another real beauty!

Brian

Thanks Brian

Out of interest, where'd you get that one? I've had a look on Avsim & Flightsim and there's not too many, although there's a few more at Hovercontrol.

Az

FlyTexas
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
    Thanks Brian

Out of interest, where'd you get that one? I've had a look on Avsim & Flightsim and there's not too many, although there's a few more at Hovercontrol.

Az
    The MD500E? I found that one at Hovercontrol. The file name is n8372f.zip. I did a search for "Nemeth" files in their FS9 repaint section. It was on the last page of files it found.

Brian

Just out of interest, should I be dumbing down the settings as in easy flight model for when I am wobbling around in a helicopter

and what is considered the LevelD of Helicopters?

I am enjoying the EC120B and MD500, I also have a NH90 with a nice Aussie paint but it is only a 2D pit and a beast to fly but it sure looks nice.

Thanks Brian, got it!

Just out of interest, should I be dumbing down the settings as in easy flight model for when I am wobbling around in a helicopter
    Only a little, using low settings actually makes helos uncontrollable as you simply can't react properly, I find a setting of about 85% on the silders provides the best control and also make sure there's no dead zone on the x and y axis, otherwise you kill the responses needed to be stable.

and what is considered the LevelD of Helicopters?
    Dodosim (payware) Bell 206 I should think, uses the B206 model by Owen Hewitt ------> http://www.dodosim.com/

ttfn

Pete

Cheers for the info guys

Charter Member 2011
    ...what is considered the LevelD of Helicopters?...
    Agree with Pete, Dodosim is one of a kind: will give you things like hot start engine melt downs.
    But anything with Jordan Moore's name on it is bound to have a little edge.
    Thanks Aztec for pointing out the EC120B - it is a real pleasure, now for some high-grade repaints...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Agree with Pete, Dodosim is one of a kind: will give you things like hot start engine melt downs.
    Thanks Aztec for pointing out the EC120B - it is a real pleasure, now for some high-grade repaints...

Out of Jordan's 412 comes the Bell 205/UH1D/UH1H, 210, 212, 214B and additional 412 variants

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Nice choppers

Quote Originally Posted by Wing_Z View Post
    Can we expect NZ repaints Charl....?

Charter Member 2011
    Can't remember if there's a paintkit...this might be a starter:
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...5619606&nseq=1

Members who have read this thread: 0