Beta version or demo of CFS2? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta version or demo of CFS2?

Quote Originally Posted by RichNagel View Post
    Ummmm... I actually own TWO copies of the game, complete with manuals, as well as the two published strategy guides for the game. I also play the game on a daily basis, and have for many years now The purpose of this thread was simply tracking down the beta version of CFS2 for historical purposes
    Rich,

I was mistaken; after perusing some of the other CFS2 Threads, I came to the realization that you're a long time User of CFS2, and your post here explains the reason for your Search. My sincere apologies!

I have reloaded CFS2 recently, and am rediscovering how much enjoyment I got from running this Sim! I look forward to reading many more informative posts from you!

Alan

I doubt MS did any CFS2 betas as a d/l. We received beta cds for CFS3 for the 1st 2 betas. As even FSX the first few betas were mailed on cd to us.

Just to muddy the waters some more, the Demo included with FS2002 is "Fighter Ace 2" from 1999 and not CFS2.
    Both games were from M$, but "Face2" was more of an on-line "stadium shooter" (I never tried playing it on-line) and a lot more simple than CFS.
    You could play it offline in Training Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    I was mistaken; after perusing some of the other CFS2 Threads, I came to the realization that you're a long time User of CFS2, and your post here explains the reason for your Search. My sincere apologies!
    No problemo Hehe, 'long time user', as of modern times... I got into CFS2 WAY after it wasn't sold anymore in stores, and way after the MS Zone was shut down LOL. Really a shame, I would have had a BLAST playing on the Zone if I had the game (and a PC powerful enough to run it) back then

Quote Originally Posted by CH_OldZeke View Post
    I doubt MS did any CFS2 betas as a d/l. We received beta cds for CFS3 for the 1st 2 betas. As even FSX the first few betas were mailed on cd to us.
    Yeah, I don't think that they had a download for the CFS2 beta. Only the elusive CD that I just barely missed on Ebay before someone had bought it

Quote Originally Posted by Sbob View Post
    Just to muddy the waters some more, the Demo included with FS2002 is "Fighter Ace 2" from 1999 and not CFS2.
    Both games were from M$, but "Face2" was more of an on-line "stadium shooter" (I never tried playing it on-line) and a lot more simple than CFS.
    You could play it offline in Training Mode.
    That would be similar to the Fighter Ace (1) that came with CFS2. Just like you said about FA2, a 'stadium shooter'.

Quote Originally Posted by RichNagel View Post
    No problemo Hehe, 'long time user', as of modern times... I got into CFS2 WAY after it wasn't sold anymore in stores, and way after the MS Zone was shut down LOL. Really a shame, I would have had a BLAST playing on the Zone if I had the game (and a PC powerful enough to run it) back then

Yeah, I don't think that they had a download for the CFS2 beta. Only the elusive CD that I just barely missed on Ebay before someone had bought it

That would be similar to the Fighter Ace (1) that came with CFS2. Just like you said about FA2, a 'stadium shooter'.

I bought my first copy in the Computer Store, along with CFS1. I'm so old skool I can remember the days of the first Wikipedia writeup for CFS2, when some wrote that it was "the finest Combat Simulator on the Market, and with the Open Source nature of the Community, it has the potential for massive Expansion of its simulated Environment."

After cutting my teeth on Sims such as Fighter Duel, X WING and TIE FIGHTER, and US Navy Fighters, CFS 1 and 2 were a welcome change.

Members who have read this thread: 1