Commander 685 Native P3D conversion

Thread: Commander 685 Native P3D conversion

Commander 685 Native P3D conversion

Native Prepar3d V3 MDL upgrade for the Commander 685 FSX Portover in the works. It should work in FSX SP2/Acc also. Milton will test it in FSX.

Also a big "thanks" to arno, lazarus and hschuit, that made this possible in ModelconverterX.

Rotorhub
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Commander685_P3D_3.jpg   Commander685_P3D_4.jpg   ac685_P3D_8.jpg  

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Looking forward to this one.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Looks good, but if it is P3d native (compiled with the p3d v2 or later SDK) then it won't work in FSX. Model compiled with the v1.4 SDK will work though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    Looks good, but if it is P3d native (compiled with the p3d v2 or later SDK) then it won't work in FSX. Model compiled with the v1.4 SDK will work though.
    I don't use FSX so I have not tested it myself. The model does not use any P3D V3 specific features. The materials, effects, mouse rect assignments and animation tags is the same as FSX (Ref FSX Acc SDK). If Milton reports that it does not work, then it does not work.

Rotorhub

It's not additional features that's the problem, the P3d mdl format is different so fsx won't be able to read it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    It's not additional features that's the problem, the P3d mdl format is different so fsx won't be able to read it at all.
    OK, thank you. Perhaps I can give it a try with Modelconverter X and SDK 1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    OK, thank you. Perhaps I can give it a try with Modelconverter X and SDK 1.4.
    Arild, did you ever get this to work in thru the MDLX?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Yes. I am working on it, but it is P3D only. A few new modern paints and a vc upgrade is in the works. I redid the conversion process in MCX, since Gmax will not work properly in my win 10 computer. Gear animation in vc now works after some DirectX editing. The panel will be modernized a bit.
    Rotorhub

If you use MCX you can export via the FSX exporter and it should still work in P3D? No?
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    If you use MCX you can export via the FSX exporter and it should still work in P3D? No?
    Yes and no. I did not use the fsx SDK for the conversion. I tried it later on the P3D model, with no luck. We had some material problems in FSX.

Since I don't use FSX and the published portover works well I did not prioritize this. Not so much interest in this bird, and Carenado has made a good looking sibling, But if anyone would like to do it native for FSX, it is ok by me. Milton and Co must approve as well. The process is well documented, but it takes some time.

Quote Originally Posted by rotorhub View Post
    Yes and no. I did not use the fsx SDK for the conversion. I tried it later on the P3D model, with no luck. We had some material problems in FSX.

Since I don't use FSX and the published portover works well I did not prioritize this. Not so much interest in this bird, and Carenado has made a good looking sibling, But if anyone would like to do it native for FSX, it is ok by me. Milton and Co must approve as well. The process is well documented, but it takes some time.

Rotohub, it's your excellently modeled bird and I have no qualms with it being converted to native FSX or P3D.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Did this conversion ever get released?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Members who have read this thread: 4