Has anyone installed the Alabeo C195 into V3.3.5 ?

Thread: Has anyone installed the Alabeo C195 into V3.3.5 ?

Has anyone installed the Alabeo C195 into V3.3.5 ?

I have tried all the suggested install tricks but nothing works . I have only P3Dv3.3.5 loaded . I placed a default location(C drive) Microsoft Games/Microsoft Simulator 10 with a fake fsx.exe in it(along with the simobjects/aircraft , gauges , effects etc) . I point the install to this default location . I even broke down and reinstalled the Migration Tool and it didn't work either . (quickly uninstalled it) . The green install bar moves all the way to the right and I click next and the installer says it is finished and " installed correctly " in the default location on C drive and nothing in the folders . I've been on Alabeo's web page and many others have ran into this problem . Their current installer only goes up to P3Dv2 . This aircraft is really not that old , 2014 (?) I love their aircraft but can not understand why they are dragging their feet on the few (not so older) aircraft . By the way , have tried running the installer as administrator . I've also ran a search on Windows Exployer(Win 10) looking for a Alabeo C195 folder and none exists .

If anyone has managed to load it into P3Dv3.3.5 (Win 10 64bit) let me know how you did it .

Thanks ,

Rich

I haven't tried the 195 yet but the piper sport and the 177 I had the same issue. I installed into FSX-SE and copied all relevant files to P3D. You could also make a dummy file of P3Dv2 and install to there and then copy to v3. I agree that updated installers would be nice. I will double check the 195 to see if I have any issues.

Thanks for the response . I was thinking about reloading FSX SE so I'll probably go that route .

Rich

Blog Entries
    I have it in PD3 V3. It works fine. I did have to install it twice. The first time something was wrong. However, I can't remember what? Reinstalled and everything worked. Still, I have just flown it around. I haven't tried to do anything complicated.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Download the FSX registry tool from AVSIM. Point the FSX registry tool to your P3D 3.5 install. Put a dummy FSX.exe in your P3D folder. Voila ! anything will now install to P3D, scenery, or airplane.
    LOL
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I have tried all the suggested install tricks but nothing works . I have only P3Dv3.3.5 loaded . I placed a default location(C drive) Microsoft Games/Microsoft Simulator 10 with a fake fsx.exe in it(along with the simobjects/aircraft , gauges , effects etc) . I point the install to this default location . I even broke down and reinstalled the Migration Tool and it didn't work either . (quickly uninstalled it) . The green install bar moves all the way to the right and I click next and the installer says it is finished and " installed correctly " in the default location on C drive and nothing in the folders . I've been on Alabeo's web page and many others have ran into this problem . Their current installer only goes up to P3Dv2 . This aircraft is really not that old , 2014 (?) I love their aircraft but can not understand why they are dragging their feet on the few (not so older) aircraft . By the way , have tried running the installer as administrator . I've also ran a search on Windows Exployer(Win 10) looking for a Alabeo C195 folder and none exists .

If anyone has managed to load it into P3Dv3.3.5 (Win 10 64bit) let me know how you did it .

Thanks ,

Rich
    I just installed it yesterday into P3DV3.5

• Set the 195 installer to P3DV3.5 folder
    • After it finishes installing, look in the program folder (X 86),you will see folder called"Carenado Installer"
    • Open that folder and you will see all the files for the 195
    • Just copy and paste into the correct folders the files in the Carenado Installer folder into P3d and you're all set

Works great!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Thanks all for the responses . Have it running in 3.3.5 . Must of had a brain lock that I can now blame on old age . Will hit the big "69" in about 3 weeks .

Rich

I will be 65 next Tuesday-the 13th!

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    I will be 65 next Tuesday-the 13th!
    We share a birthday. I will be 55 on tuesday! Happy birthday!

Eric

• After it finishes installing, look in the program folder (X 86),you will see folder called"Carenado Installer"
    • Just copy and paste into the correct folders the files in the Carenado Installer folder into P3d and you're all set

Works great!

Rick
    That does work. I argued with Carenado/alabeo about this til I was blue in the face. Explaining their installer was not working. They didnt believe me.

Anyway, this same issue applies to the C-177 cardinal. I did exactly what is said here and it worked fine. I have the C-195 and I couldnt get it to work even when hand installed. external model was fine, but internals were all a mess (transparent etc.) I may try this again as the C-195 is stunning in P3D if you can get it going.

Works great!

Rick
    How does one "Set the 195 installer to P3DV3.5" when the installer gives you no options to install into P3DV3.5??

Mine only gives me FSX or P3Dv2!?!? Or when I try to install into a dummy P3D i get "could not fine correct path for ....."

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    How does one "Set the 195 installer to P3DV3.5" when the installer gives you no options to install into P3DV3.5??

Mine only gives me FSX or P3Dv2!?!? Or when I try to install into a dummy P3D i get "could not fine correct path for ....."
    After you enter your email and serial number, click on the browse button and select P3DV3
    Make sure you have the FSX.exe file in the root directory of your P3D

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by ejoiner View Post
    That does work. I argued with Carenado/alabeo about this til I was blue in the face. Explaining their installer was not working. They didnt believe me.

Anyway, this same issue applies to the C-177 cardinal. I did exactly what is said here and it worked fine. I have the C-195 and I couldnt get it to work even when hand installed. external model was fine, but internals were all a mess (transparent etc.) I may try this again as the C-195 is stunning in P3D if you can get it going.
    It does work...

Happy Birthday Virgo!
    Rick

Tried many ways with no results..finnaly used Estonia Migration tool, worked like a charm.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Tried many ways with no results..finnaly used Estonia Migration tool, worked like a charm.

Regards
    Did you look in the program X86 for the carenado installer folder?

After you enter your email and serial number, click on the browse button and select P3DV3
    Make sure you have the FSX.exe file in the root directory of your P3D

Rick
    Worked a treat!

Thank you papab.

Worked a treat!

Thank you papab.
    You are welcome!

Rick

You are welcome!

Rick
    Papab would you have any tips to install Virtavia products into P3Dv3??

Papab would you have any tips to install Virtavia products into P3Dv3??
    I have the B-29 and the B1 installed

I think I just pointed the installer to P3d
    Make sure you have the FSX.exe file in the root directory of P3D

Let me know
    Rick

I have the B-29 and the B1 installed

I think I just pointed the installer to P3d
    Make sure you have the FSX.exe file in the root directory of P3D

Let me know
    Rick
    Hello papab. No good. Every Virtavia installer that is run only gives me three options.. "Modify" "Repair" or "Remove". No option to choose an install location what so ever!?!?

Hello papab. No good. Every Virtavia installer that is run only gives me three options.. "Modify" "Repair" or "Remove". No option to choose an install location what so ever!?!?
    That means it is already installed on your computer...
    Do you have FSX installed on your computer?
    That is why you do not have an option to install into P3D

Dump FSX and you will be able to install into P3D

Rick
    Last edited by papab; September 9th, 2016 at 23:29.

Members who have read this thread: 0