Ant's Winjeel released! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ant's Winjeel released!

Love the plane, but having some trouble to calibrate/set the throttle with the Saitek throttle quadrant. It only goes from zero to full when I move the peripheral throttle and back from full to zero. This in one motion which I can't control and something fights the peripheral throttle. In effect I can only set the throttle in game with the mouse. Anyone?
    Anneke

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    Love the plane, but having some trouble to calibrate/set the throttle with the Saitek throttle quadrant. It only goes from zero to full when I move the peripheral throttle and back from full to zero. This in one motion which I can't control and something fights the peripheral throttle. In effect I can only set the throttle in game with the mouse. Anyone?
    Hello

Can you please download or redownload the appropriate patch from my website

http://www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html

I have just updated the patch to resolve the throttle issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    I have this issue with demo also. You are not only the one .
    I will download the patch again.

Edit.
    Problem solved ! TY.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just a quicky in regards to the install path for P3Dv3....?

I have P3Dv3 on a different drive and when I point the installer -due to it pointing to C:/Users/Tim/My Documents/Prepar3D v3 Add-ons- to where my copy of P3Dv3 is (F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3) it does not seem to place it where you one would think? ie not like FSX or any other aircraft install in P3Dv3.

That is the there is no Ants Winjeel" entry in "SimObjects/Airplanes"?? It seems to have placed a file called "Ants Winjeel" -which seems to have all these other files in it- in the root Prepar3D folder...!?

Is this correct?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post

I have P3Dv3 on a different drive and when I point the installer -due to it pointing to C:/Users/Tim/My Documents/Prepar3D v3 Add-ons- to where my copy of P3Dv3 is (F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3) it does not seem to place it where you one would think? ie not like FSX or any other aircraft install in P3Dv3.

That is the there is no Ants Winjeel" entry in "SimObjects/Airplanes"?? It seems to have placed a file called "Ants Winjeel" -which seems to have all these other files in it- in the root Prepar3D folder...!?

Is this correct?

Cheers,
    Tim.
    It is ok, install it here: C:/Users/Tim/My Documents/Prepar3D v3 Add-ons + patch here too only. P3D will ask about activations in the first run.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Is this correct?

Cheers,
    Tim.
    Hi Tim, let the P3Dv3 installer put the Winjeel into your My Documents folder. With P3Dv3 Lockheed Martin want developers to not put any add-ons into the program file directory structure. It's a good method in some ways, it's a pain in the butt to program it though.

If you really want to put the Winjeel into your F: directory then I can recommend selecting the Prepar3d v2.x installation option and change the install directory to F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3. This should work, I have done this in testing putting the v2.x version into the v3 root folder and it has worked for me. Make sure you patch it afterwards using the Prepar3D v2.x install and the patch goes into F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3 too.

I am working on a new installer which will allow you to set the install location of P3Dv3 to any location you like. Hopefully I will get that finished by the end of today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Ant....fixed the sound here [Demo] ...
    I should have mentioned....that's in FSXA.....

.....and I really NEED to rush off and buy the full ver.....it's a brilliant piece of craft...

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    It is ok, install it here: C:/Users/Tim/My Documents/Prepar3D v3 Add-ons + patch here too only. P3D will ask about activations in the first run.
    Thank you Yo Yo.

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Hi Tim, let the P3Dv3 installer put the Winjeel into your My Documents folder. With P3Dv3 Lockheed Martin want developers to not put any add-ons into the program file directory structure. It's a good method in some ways, it's a pain in the butt to program it though.

If you really want to put the Winjeel into your F: directory then I can recommend selecting the Prepar3d v2.x installation option and change the install directory to F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3. This should work, I have done this in testing putting the v2.x version into the v3 root folder and it has worked for me. Make sure you patch it afterwards using the Prepar3D v2.x install and the patch goes into F:/P3D/Lockhead Martin/Prepar3Dv3 too.

I am working on a new installer which will allow you to set the install location of P3Dv3 to any location you like. Hopefully I will get that finished by the end of today.
    Hello Anthony,

Than you for that. Will sort it out tonight when I get home.

Cheers,
    Tim.

Out of curiosity..

What is the pronunciation of "Winjeel?" Is it just as it sounds, or is the "j" silent?
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    What is the pronunciation of "Winjeel?" Is it just as it sounds, or is the "j" silent?
    Win-Geal....like congeal [as in blood]...

WINJEEL VERSION 1.10

Hello All. I have built a new installer for the full version and demo. The full version is on it's way to the retailers so will take a day or two to filter through, I will try to let you know when it's available. The demo is available now.

Version 1.10 fixes the sounds and throttle issues. It also allows P3D v3 users to install the Winjeel anywhere they like. The installer will write the install path to the registry and the Winjeel will use this to find the sound files.

There is a patch for users of the full version available from my website so you can start using V110 straight away. You can also download the V110 demo which is the full version only.

http://www.antsairplanes.com/winjeel.html

For users of the full version run the V100 installer and then run the V110 patch to the same location.

For P3D v3 users if you want to install to a different location than the default My Documents run the V100 installer, select Prepar3D v3.x version, change the install path to your desired location (I recommend creating a new folder for this, perhaps something like "P3D aircraft", I also do not recommend putting the Winjeel into the Prepar3D program folder simply for neatness sake). The Winjeel will install to this location, then run the V110 patch and point it to the same folder, the installer will run a quick batch file to set the new pathway in P3D. Then run Prepar3D and go flying.

Thank you Ant for outstanding service and another one of your fantastic offerings.

I was super excited to hear you were doing a Winjeel (never thought I would ever see one for FSX/P3D) and now "IT'S ALIVE!"

Thank you,
    Tim...

Hello Anthony,

I have just installed the V102 patch and I seem to still get excessive wind noise and hardly any engine noise in the cockpit. The sound does not change regardless of the canopy either being open or closed or at different speeds ie taxi to flight.
    Is it suppose to be this way?

Here is a copy of my first 18 entries of the P3D_prefs.txt. Does it look right?

Winjeel V1.0 Preferences
    Saved in Documents\Ants Airplanes\Ants Winjeel
    custom_path=
    3 VersionMajor
    3 VersionMinor
    3 BuildMajor
    3 BuildMinor
    3 scVersionMajor
    3 scVersionMinor
    0 scBuildMajor
    0 scBuildMinor
    0 debug_initdirectsound
    -999 debug_initdirectsound2
    1 debug_snd_flaps
    1 debug_sound_available_0
    32 debug_dsound
    -1 debug_dsound3d
    -1 debug_switch_large
    1 debug_init_l_vars

9760 RADIO_MEM_FREQ0
    8208 RADIO_MEM_FREQ1
    13680 RADIO_MEM_FREQ2

Cheers,
    Tim.

Hello Anthony,

I have just installed the V102 patch and I seem to still get excessive wind noise and hardly any engine noise in the cockpit. The sound does not change regardless of the canopy either being open or closed or at different speeds ie taxi to flight.
    Is it suppose to be this way?

Here is a copy of my first 18 entries of the P3D_prefs.txt. Does it look right?

Winjeel V1.0 Preferences
    Saved in Documents\Ants Airplanes\Ants Winjeel
    custom_path=
    3 VersionMajor
    3 VersionMinor
    3 BuildMajor
    3 BuildMinor
    3 scVersionMajor
    3 scVersionMinor
    0 scBuildMajor
    0 scBuildMinor
    0 debug_initdirectsound
    -999 debug_initdirectsound2
    1 debug_snd_flaps
    1 debug_sound_available_0
    32 debug_dsound
    -1 debug_dsound3d
    -1 debug_switch_large
    1 debug_init_l_vars

9760 RADIO_MEM_FREQ0
    8208 RADIO_MEM_FREQ1
    13680 RADIO_MEM_FREQ2

Cheers,
    Tim.
    Hi Tim, it looks like the Flaps sound has loaded but the large switch sound has not. I recommend the following.

Uninstall the WInjeel using Windows Start/Programs/Ants Airplanes/Winjeel/uninstall

Reinstall the Installer.

Download and install the V1.10 patch

Start the sim

Shift+3 for Animation Manager - Preferences - Page 3 Sounds

Ensure the 4 tick boxes to use custom sounds and overall sounds are ticked and the volume levels are set. Click on SAVE. If there is an error message let me know.

Quit the sim and restart.

If there is still a sound problem email/PM me the prefs.txt file and I will have another look.

Are the throttle and propeller control tied together? I use PFC throttle system and anytime I move the throttle the propeller control moves.
    I move the throttle forward and the propeller control moves with it. If I then back off the throttle the propeller control doesn't move back with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Are the throttle and propeller control tied together? I use PFC throttle system and anytime I move the throttle the propeller control moves.
    I move the throttle forward and the propeller control moves with it. If I then back off the throttle the propeller control doesn't move back with it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tom
    Hi Tom

The throttle and prop should be independent. I read all throttle, prop and mixture events and process them before animating the parts. If the prop is moving it is because the gauge has received a prop event command from somewhere.

If you open the Animation Manager - Preferences - Page 2, at the bottom of the page there is a debug mode. Change this to 36 then press shift+1 to open the main panel. On the right side there are a eight entries for CTEMP1 to CTEMP8. CTEMP1 shows the position of the prop lever as it is displayed in the Winjeel. CTEMP3 and CTEMP4 handle the data that has been read in. In most setups CTEMP4 will be zero and CTEMP3 will be between 0 and 32768. I'd be interested in knowing the CTEMP1, CTEMP3 and CTEMP4 values when you move the throttle.

Is here any paint kit for this bird ?

Calibration issues

Bought and installed this plane this morning, plus the 1.1 patch and it is excellent - definitely a keeper. Sad to say, all the engine controls respond to my CH Yoke+Quad+pedals setup, except the throttle. Mixture and Prop Pitch levers move with the CH inputs. The portside throttle lever first appears (in the VC) in the totally closed position. That's fine. When I move the CH Quad throttle lever to the detent position for startup, the VC lever moves up to the modelled detent position and the tooltip says something like 47%...if I advance the CH lever to full throttle, the VC lever moves accordingly, but when I bring the CH lever back to the startup position, the VC lever will not come below about 36% and the only way to get a sensible taxi speed is to use the keyboard F1/2/3 keys.
    My setup:- FSX+A, Win7x64, CH Yoke/Pedals/Quad mapped through FSUIPC. All joystick inputs in Win7 Calibration disabled.

Many thanks Anthony - I have wanted a Winjeel for ages

If I would have paid attention to Anthony31 message on Aug 30th at 16.48pm I would have had sound at that moment!!! Instead it took me until yesterday to get sound!

p.s. I reinstalled the demo and patches many times. Did not even need the patch!

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post
    Bought and installed this plane this morning, plus the 1.1 patch and it is excellent - definitely a keeper. Sad to say, all the engine controls respond to my CH Yoke+Quad+pedals setup, except the throttle. Mixture and Prop Pitch levers move with the CH inputs. The portside throttle lever first appears (in the VC) in the totally closed position. That's fine. When I move the CH Quad throttle lever to the detent position for startup, the VC lever moves up to the modelled detent position and the tooltip says something like 47%...if I advance the CH lever to full throttle, the VC lever moves accordingly, but when I bring the CH lever back to the startup position, the VC lever will not come below about 36% and the only way to get a sensible taxi speed is to use the keyboard F1/2/3 keys.
    My setup:- FSX+A, Win7x64, CH Yoke/Pedals/Quad mapped through FSUIPC. All joystick inputs in Win7 Calibration disabled.

Check post #67. . .it might be helpful.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by anthony31 View Post
    Hi Tom

The throttle and prop should be independent. I read all throttle, prop and mixture events and process them before animating the parts. If the prop is moving it is because the gauge has received a prop event command from somewhere.

If you open the Animation Manager - Preferences - Page 2, at the bottom of the page there is a debug mode. Change this to 36 then press shift+1 to open the main panel. On the right side there are a eight entries for CTEMP1 to CTEMP8. CTEMP1 shows the position of the prop lever as it is displayed in the Winjeel. CTEMP3 and CTEMP4 handle the data that has been read in. In most setups CTEMP4 will be zero and CTEMP3 will be between 0 and 32768. I'd be interested in knowing the CTEMP1, CTEMP3 and CTEMP4 values when you move the throttle.
    Hi Anthony,

Here is the data for the prop lever.
    ctemp 1 98.425293
    ctemp 3 32252.00000
    ctemp 4 0

Tom

For calibration remember to use this tool. No problem now to use throttle smoothly from 0 to 100%

btw. the tutorial option is awsome! Something like in DCS. Very well done!

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Hi Anthony,

Here is the data for the prop lever.
    ctemp 1 98.425293
    ctemp 3 32252.00000
    ctemp 4 0

Tom
    I finally got it calibrated just a few minutes ago using FSUIPC. I think I am getting a little slow...grin

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by emfrat View Post

Hi, I think you might like to try the calibration page. Shift + 3 for the Animation Manager - Preferences - Page 4 and follow the instruction on there. Basically put the throttle in the idle positon and click SET next to closed. The put the throttle in the full position and click SET next to open. Then put the throttle in the indent/detent position (around 75% between idle and full throttle if your throttle doesn't have a indent position) and click SET next to indent. Then click on SAVE so it is stored.

I think from your description that you probably only need to adjust the closed/idle position as the detent and full positions seem to be OK.

Yoyo posted a picture in post #73.

Members who have read this thread: 1