OFF: BHAH copy for sale

Thread: OFF: BHAH copy for sale

leonard

OFF: BHAH copy for sale

A great renewal of CFS3, but after Forgotten Battles it just doesn't work for me. I'll sell for $35 US, $5 to send by mail or more if you want it fast. Drop me a note at combat@combatplanes.ca

Too bad it's after I got mine

West Kelowna OFF enthusiast.

Not familiar with FB, but, if you're not into WWI, then it's not for you

leonard

Ww i

To each their own eh?

Yeah, FB spoiled me so I'll swap to the Knights of the Sky forums.. its based on the same engine.

gimpyguy
    Quote Originally Posted by british_eh View Post
    Not familiar with FB, but, if you're not into WWI, then it's not for you
    Forgotten Battles was a WWII eastern front Sim, done on the IL2 Sturmovick Idea. Russian/German

Gremlin_WoH
    Quote Originally Posted by leonard View Post
    To each their own eh?

Yeah, FB spoiled me so I'll swap to the Knights of the Sky forums.. its based on the same engine.
    If you are referring to 'Rise Of Flight' formerly called 'Knights Of The Sky' then I have to inform you that it is not based on the IL-2 engine. The development team decided to write their own game engine.

miodrag
    Where can i found Rise of Flight?

shredward
    Google

Flame On!
    Make sure you check out the system requirements for RoF. They're pretty hefty. If you're having problems running OFF Phase 2 or BHaH, you can pretty much forget about RoF without an upgrade.

CJ
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX nForce 680i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
    OCZ Platinum Revision 2 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 800
    EVGANvidiaGeForce8800GTX768MbGDDR

Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card

Dutch_P47M
    Quote Originally Posted by leonard View Post
    A great renewal of CFS3, but after Forgotten Battles it just doesn't work for me. I'll sell for $35 US, $5 to send by mail or more if you want it fast. Drop me a note at combat@combatplanes.ca
    Strange I'm from the IL1946 scene, CFS3 was a typical cheap made MS product. Buying CFS3 for 10euro to play OFF2. Didn't like the buggy OFF2 so back to RB. :amen:
    Did try MAW why not, then PTO, Korea, ETO and now OFF3, Yep there all great :kiss:.
    Deleted IL1946-4.9 on my PC and now I'm waiting for the IL based MAW/PTO/Korea/ETO/OFF, thanks AAAguys for hacking IL . Future is for this great flightengine.

RoF game looks nice what I see until now, it will be overole every WW1 flysim on grafics performance, but when will it release 2018 Can you wait for this, OFF3 is now THE WW1 flysim.

EAF92_Brigstock
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameljockey View Post
    Make sure you check out the system requirements for RoF. They're pretty hefty. If you're having problems running OFF Phase 2 or BHaH, you can pretty much forget about RoF without an upgrade.

CJ
    Only the recomended system spec has been posted. Not the minimum.
    The PC spec you've seen posted on the net is for what the developers believe to be a good system to run their game. Which of course is a lot different than the usual "min requirement. Pentium3, 256 ram, 32 Graphics card" you see on other products, which in reality is absolutely no where near what is really needed to run. I think it refreshing to see a developer post recommended spec's rather than mimimum spec. At least we then get an idea where we are and what to expect.

RoF will play on a mid range PC comfortably just like OFF does. I reckon if you can't run RoF then you'll not be able to run OFF either and vice versa.

I can't see any point in putting people off ROF in here and nor can I see the point in running down OFF in the RoF forum.

The more WWI sim being developed the better I say.

Flame On!
    Brigstock, you seem to be a RoF fanboi who takes offense when it is mentioned in other than a glowing manner. I was not warning anyone away from RoF. As a matter of fact, from what I've seen so far, RoF is going to be a fantastic WWI sim and a welcome addition to the simming world. Well, the mailgirl just delivered the memory that I ordered, so right now I have better things to do than argue with you, but before I go, I will say this, if there is no decent SP campaign, I won't buy it, I don't care how pretty it is.

CJ

EAF92_Brigstock
    Ironically, I'm not a RoF "fanboi", I'm a WWI sim fanboi.
    I spend my time on Simhq defending OFF and my time here defending RoF.
    What I like to see is accurate info given out on both. To tell people that if they are struggling with OFF they'll not be able to run RoF is a negative input and incorrect. If someone is struggling to run OFF they will struggle to run RoF in exactly the same way.

Both have their place in this world and that place is on my HDD.
    If you don't want to buy RoF, for whatever reason that is fine. To try and influence others with inaccurate info is not.

Flame On!
    Okay, since you know so much about RoF, what are the minimum system requirements? How do you know that if you can run OFF, you can run RoF? Are you privvy to some info that others are not? What is the source of your accurate info. As far as I know, the minimums for RoF haven't been posted, only the recommended requirements, which are pretty hefty.
    You can read whatever you want into my posts, I really don't care, but until I see some facts to prove me wrong, I'll stick to my guns.

CJ

Dutch_P47M

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by EAF92_Brigstock View Post
    Ironically, I'm not a RoF "fanboi", I'm a WWI sim fanboi.
    I spend my time on Simhq defending OFF and my time here defending RoF.
    What I like to see is accurate info given out on both. To tell people that if they are struggling with OFF they'll not be able to run RoF is a negative input and incorrect. If someone is struggling to run OFF they will struggle to run RoF in exactly the same way.

Both have their place in this world and that place is on my HDD.
    If you don't want to buy RoF, for whatever reason that is fine. To try and influence others with inaccurate info is not.
    He Brigstock your the same Brigstock as on SimHQ????:argue:

EAF92_Brigstock
    Don't get upset CamelJockey, I'm not having a go, I'm correcting a misinterpretation

These are the current recommended Spec's for RoF

Processor: Core 2 Duo (Intel) 2.8 HGz
    RAM : 3Gb
    Hard disk: 6 Gb
    Videocard: 512 Mb video RAM(GF9800 series or AMD ATI Radeon 4850 series)
    Access to the Internet: At least 512 Kb/s
    Operating system: Windows XP/Vista (Windows XP requirements can be a little bit less then listed above)
    Support of 64-bit operating system is not guaranteed by developers

Now bear in mind these are not the minimum specs, these specs are based on what the dev's are running at their office.

they used to be

Platform: PC
    Processor: CoreDuo (Intel) 2.4 Ghz
    RAM : 2Gb
    Hard drive: 4Gb
    Videocard: 256Mb onboard memory (NVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher)
    Internet: speed at least 256 kb/s
    Operation system: Windows XP/Vista

Because that is the kit they took to Liepzig to demo the alpha to people there.

And no doubt if the game gets delayed and they kit out their office with new kit, the recommended will go up again.

Personally for OFF I recommend

C2D processor
    2 gig of ram
    a 512mb Vidcard (8800GTX, Ati4870 or higher)
    Internet (not necessary)
    Operating system XP/Vista

Anything below that and you'll need to start dialing the graphics down.

Which is why there is a huge difference between reocmmended and minimal spec sheets.

...and yes Dutch EAF92_Brigstock and Brigstock on SimHq are one and the same person.

Flame On!
    I'm not upset. My blood pressure won't allow it. I found your post interesting to say the least, and that same post just lends credence to my original statement. Let me explain.........

You say that this was the recommended requirements when they went to Liepzieg

Platform: PC
    Processor: CoreDuo (Intel) 2.4 Ghz
    RAM : 2Gb
    Hard drive: 4Gb
    Videocard: 256Mb onboard memory (NVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher)
    Internet: speed at least 256 kb/s
    Operation system: Windows XP/Vista

and these are the recommended specs now

Processor: Core 2 Duo (Intel) 2.8 HGz
    RAM : 3Gb
    Hard disk: 6 Gb
    Videocard: 512 Mb video RAM(GF9800 series or AMD ATI Radeon 4850 series)
    Access to the Internet: At least 512 Kb/s
    Operating system: Windows XP/Vista (Windows XP requirements can be a little bit less then listed above)
    Support of 64-bit operating system is not guaranteed by developers

and then you say, " no doubt if the game gets delayed and they kit out their office with new kit, the recommended will go up again"

Why would the devs getting "new kit" have anything at all to do with the recommended system specs going higher? I think it has more to do with the fact that the longer they work on it, and the more they add to it, the hungrier it becomes. If the recommended specs rose that much between Liepzig and now, what will they be when the project is finished? Will I be able to run it with this?????????????

APEVIA X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower-

ABIT IN9 32X-MAX - motherboard - ATX - nForce 680i SLI - LGA775 Socket-

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz 6MB L2 Cache-

OCZ Platinum Revision 2 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)-

EVGANvidiaGeForce8800GTX768MbGDDR3-

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s-

SAMSUNG Black2MB Cache SATA 22X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe-

LITE-ON Black 20X 2MB Cache E-IDE/ATAPI 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card

Antec EA650 650W ATX12VSLI CertifiedPower Supply

Actually, I hope so because if they come up with a decent SP campaign I'll probably give it a whirl. I'm not overly enthusiastic about the prospect ofhaving to buy planes and expansion packs, though. That could run into a considerable amount of cash to get to the level of play that I'm already experiencing.
    I appreciate you seeing things my way though. Like some humble pie?

CJ

EAF92_Brigstock
    To be honest I dont see things your way. You have missed the point, there have been no official specs released. Just comments on SimHq and on their blog.
    The recommended specs are just what they are running at the time, kind of "it works great on this machine".

In another thread the lead dev Viks says (tongue in cheek) the minimum spec is just a PC running windows.

Your PC will of course run it, what makes you think it wont?

You think because you have a system that is one graphics card down from the reported spec and you wont be able to run it.

I'll be buying it, I don't see the cost as that prohibitative as you. I paid £30 for my copy of CFS3 and now I'll I'll be paying £50 for OFF:BHAH. thats £80. Early projectives for RoF are £30 for the game and £4 for the extra aircraft, that is if you want them as flyables, if your happy to have them just for ai they're free. My preference for Allied only flying in scouts means that I'll have all the flyables I have in OFF that I use regularly for the same cost as I will have paid for OFF.

But then of course I'll have both titles and support both and have supported both sets of Dev.

In my mind we have 2 teams of developers with a passion for WWI aircraft, that will always get my support and I'll never be negative about their efforts as new WWI flying Sims are not exactly coming out every 6 months.

Flame On!
    Whatever. I still maintain that I said nothing negative about RoF, and since you do, we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Flame On!
    BTW Brigstock, They're talking about RoF over on the OFF 3 forum. Better get over there and make sure no one says anything out of the way about it. Better hurry!

EAF92_Brigstock
    Whatever
    I give up.

I like the looks of RoF, and will keep my eye on it.

I'm a big OFF fan though-- I've enjoyed the game lots over the past few years. I haven't touched RB3d since OFF came out really. I think OFF has taken the old CFS3 engine to its very edge. That said, I'd love to see some more aircraft for OFF (Niueport 24!), though I think we've reached the limits of the CFS3 engine. OFF has a lot of really great history the team has written into the game. I never imagined that CFS3 could ever take on the life that OFF has given it.

I think RoF represents a future development, but that OFF is king of the hill right now. RoF may take awhile given the work needed for it. I think in the end I'll own both.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Défenseur de la République
    Defender of the Republic

Fortiesboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch_P47M View Post

RoF game looks nice what I see until now, it will be overole every WW1 flysim on grafics performance, but when will it release 2018 Can you wait for this, OFF3 is now THE WW1 flysim.
    From the graphics I've seen it won't beat OFF3- and you get two planes and buy the rest- The AI may not be much, because it is essentially an online sim, as I understand it. - But then again, who knows.?
    But it's been a long time coming- I suppose it will arrive.?

In the meantime, OFF is the best sim out there.

leonard - I take it you are selling both CFS3 disc and OFF3 for the $35, so the guy buying can play it?

Dutch_P47M

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Fortiesboy View Post
    From the graphics I've seen it won't beat OFF3- and you get two planes and buy the rest- The AI may not be much, because it is essentially an online sim, as I understand it. - But then again, who knows.?
    But it's been a long time coming- I suppose it will arrive.?

In the meantime, OFF is the best sim out there.

leonard - I take it you are selling both CFS3 disc and OFF3 for the $35, so the guy buying can play it?
    I ask that to the RoF on the ROFblog and they explaine, it is not an online game like WoWarcraft you can play offline.
    Two planes albV and N28 additional FokkerD7 and Spad13 after payment.

He Bridgestock, I noticed that you and your friend (the same person???)had some strange remarks about me at SimQ forums. Now its my time for trolling: Do you have OFF3!!!!! I SUPPOSE NOT, because you are not a WW1 flysim fan!!!!!!!!! But I do have and I love it!!! Yep OFF3 is the WW1 flysim now. :amen:

EAF92_Brigstock
    Not strange remarks, valid points. Plus you already had you time for trolling on SimHq. Let it go.
    No, no BHAH yet, but I will get it as soon as I have the spare cash.
    Not a WWI flight sim fan, where do you get that idea from, I've been playing WWI flight sims for the last 15 years. I've been Brigstock in all that time, when I used to Fly in RB3D with the RAC, when I used to frequent the Delphi Flight Sim Forum and on the Won servers for RB2 before the MMP and 3D patch came out. I also championed the DD side of RB3D with DeltaK when I finally sacked my Voodoo cards. I've been around the WWI sim world a while now.

You... I've never heard of

Dutch_P47M
    Quote Originally Posted by EAF92_Brigstock View Post
    Not strange remarks, valid points. Plus you already had you time for trolling on SimHq. Let it go.
    No, no BHAH yet, but I will get it as soon as I have the spare cash.
    Not a WWI flight sim fan, where do you get that idea from, I've been playing WWI flight sims for the last 15 years. I've been Brigstock in all that time, when I used to Fly in RB3D with the RAC, when I used to frequent the Delphi Flight Sim Forum and on the Won servers for RB2 before the MMP and 3D patch came out. I also championed the DD side of RB3D with DeltaK when I finally sacked my Voodoo cards. I've been around the WWI sim world a while now.

You... I've never heard of
    ok
    I have a lott of WW1 and WW2 flysim games. Started on RB MS/dos, ACM, DOA, RB2, FCgold, RB3 (a copy from Rens), WoW, FE, FS, BOB2, CFS3, IL1946, B.angles2 etc.
    I'm Still in the RB3 scene (from '96 allso at the online RB forums) but the RB flame is now dimmed. Only Baron von Helton is still active ROTJ. Always had problems in connecting RB on-line flying (old telephone line internet $$$$) and when I went to ADSL everybody was gone.
    Always use the name Dutch or someting like that. So now you can search me at the RB forums.:wave: Yep still love RB3d 1ceRB4everRB

Remember Bridstock, everbody need some respect here at this forum, so no "funny jokes" here. :amen:

Ok lets forget the past and smoke the pipe off peace.
    For OFF pH3 its is a bang for your bucks, get it, its not like the poor payware addons you sometime see at the gameshops.

BTW: Still flying planes in real life, I have stoped for the time UL now, it cost me a lott off time and cash.