Arado-234 freeware? - Page 7
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Arado-234 freeware?

You are brilliant! Showing the gauge data within an animated bombsight reticle was a stroke of pure genius.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorMagee View Post
    You are brilliant! Showing the gauge data within an animated bombsight reticle was a stroke of pure genius.

Here! Here! I 2nd and third that! I can't wait to get hold of this! BTW could this be applied to the BZG-2 which is similar to your bombsigh.dds?

I have no idea how you did what you did but a great upgrade for CFS3.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

glad you like it guys.

well, its described pretty good how is it made
    alot helped me I am usually doing all working gauges for virtual cockpits myself, from scratch (see the Me 163 Komet, Lippish P.13, Horten 18...). for CFS3 they are gMax animated 3d objects. my latest nongerman gauges related challenge was creation dials for the japan version of the Komet, the J8M / Ki-200 Shusui.

yes, any CFS3 pointer movement gould get the BZG-2 bombsight too, thats easy, but the only problem is to rethink where should all the pointer marks meet for the 0 position. the regular BZG is way complicated with all the values there. I would rather simplify it. I mean the paint. and maybe I could add compas dial feature yet...

I have no idea how IL2 46 works but I assume maybe more realistic for bombing than CFS3 which, as you said, hits whatever is at point X. Given that, your idea of pitch and bank/turn being at 0 might be the best we can do. The next ? is, can you do a +clight version ?

thanks

the +clight texture is a sure thing I did the Lotfe bombsight from scratch with Inkscape, so I can easy change the color index of any painted part there (because they are vectors)... the only problem could be some Ankor Shader related special texture limits, the bombsight is mapped from three standalone textures. however, this would be easy solvable by merging them into one singe one and remap the needed parts. still, if I am getting it right, the limits is max two special textures for the standard one, so it would be ok there.

btw, for me would be very handy to get some small Ankor Shader readme where is ALL the special texture list with a short description what it does. no bible needed. I just did not noticed any bit of text about clight in latest pack readme, for example. the latest january 2018 shader pack is called "AnKors_Shaders_27_Jan_2017.zip".
    I was one two years away from CSF3 scene and if somebody means I will read over 700 posts at "This Could Be Very Interesting - AnKor's Shaders" thread, to discover all the latest shader features, then is totally wrong this should be a matter of readme files.

The latest (2018) developer notes are always provided with the latest available package in the Warbirds Library.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...3&linkid=23304

Granted we've discovered a few things since then like how to limit special effects to low altitudes...
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

hmm, that answers a lot - why are 2018 Ankor Shaders different download section?

where I am searching always:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum....php?catid=161

where you put that latest ones:
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...s.php?catid=13

so, now I am getting it, Ive looked for old pack readme files. I hope having at home from some lucky reason installed the january 2018 package, which Ive found some googled way - I remember I was confused when searching for them at the old good CFS 3 Other Add-Ons - Effects section.

now I can see the CFS 3 Other Add-Ons section offers a lot of new stuff. its a root content. LOL.

well, my bad, still there should be a strict politics where to put the files to avoid of to put them once there and later overhere

ok, lets put a few another shots how the simplified, scratch made VC for the hellijahs model variant looks now.

* the canopy frames are remodeled again.
    * now are animated all the levers including pedals and joystick

what lefts to do (mainly) for the VC yet:
    * to resize, resmooth and remap the main front braun panel
    * rearange existing gauges and to create turn / bank gauge indicator
    * to rework / texture periskope

Incredible work!

Mod of the year no question when it is released

thanks guys

togethert with Bravo/4 originally thought we will not spend too much time with the helijahs source for the final release, but when corrected and replaced some (a lot) of things it is getting better then we expected.

still, this version is not meant to be superperfect, dont await too much. however, to replace our VC with the FP one does not makes a sence anymore, or?

anyway, for our special effect makers there is already possible now to work on the RATO feature. this power rocket pods are standalone payload fuel tank items and the rocket emitter nodes are encoded into the external model wings. just as gecko wanted
    Last edited by BorekS; August 8th, 2018 at 01:50.

Looking good. I take it the Nachtjagd basically the same?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Looks realistic. Fantastic work !!

yes, it just have the nose antene and gun gondola. the gun aiming will be solved with scope cross view.

the Nachtigall skin isnt done yet, so here is the default Blitz skin livery.

Thank you BorekS for your efforts to the CFS3 community; you have incredible talent!

Wow! Looking good. I'll be happy to do those RATO effects at some point, I just haven't got time now between my existing projects.

thank you
    well, with Bravo/4s excellent skins it is a pleasure to work on any airplane project

however I have to note the final visual result relating to texture materials may hugely differ from what you can see here at the images. for that you can say "thank you" mainly to the whole CFS3 editable file structure and to the Ankor Shader settings modularity. means user made configs.

for example, Ive increased brightness / contrast cca 75% of the original Bravo/4s specular map to get the shiny metal scratches and some kind of specularity on my PC rig, otherwise it would be a dark matt birdy

as to the RATO special solution, the helihajs model overhaul conversion will be just ready for various attempts as mentioned. it doesnt matter when / if someone would start to play with it
    btw, Ive noticed even IL-2 Arado 234 does not have rocket exhaust effect for their rocket pods, they acts as dropable tanks with parachute feature there.

Amazing ! Much better than Firepower´s one. You are bringing this old software to a new age. A shame that nobody care s to bring the game to the commercial circuit once again. Some many old titles are being brought back with new digital versions DRM free... i´have my two discs still but many folks don´t.

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the the link mongoose !! Your a hero in my book !! Hopefully this will help others. Maybe make a special post just for this if you can. Sure there will be those interested in it. Regards,Scott

well, the conversion of helijahs model is turning into bit deeper overhaul... I think I should keep such work for the own model rather, LOL!

anyway, Ive remodeled fuselage antene and some tail parts including the parachute items. it seems the pilot on picture like would like to say: hey, I really wanna fly it!

Members who have read this thread: 1