Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 38
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28303132333435363738394041424344454648 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

I'll take what you've adone all ready on the VC lighting.

That cockpit lighting looks amazing. Great work. Looking forward to the update.

That is really starting to look Super Snazzy

Night lighting looks great so far...looking forward to it being released. I think I've flow so many day schedules (from the airline timetables) and really want to do the overnight coast-to-coast schedule that UAL, American and TWA ran before the war. They were all trying to be able to say "Fastest route Coast-to-Coast" flying the sleepers.

Agree the Connie will be exciting but I'll tell you I have been flying the 3 instead of the Strat since you all introduced it...simply a great aircraft you've done.

Quote Originally Posted by banjoman1960 View Post
    i have ad some new to the paint,and rework a little........

i have upload again,so please redownload it,if you want this new version..........i have test the download,it is the new one............
    cheers
    Ralf

Is this Breitling version with the shiny aluminum belly available somewhere for download ? She's a beauty - would sure be nice to have this version available as well !
    Last edited by MZee1960; December 12th, 2016 at 19:07.

Quote Originally Posted by ksheadley View Post
    That cockpit lighting looks amazing. Great work. Looking forward to the update.
    Very much agreed!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by MZee1960 View Post
    Is this Breitling version with the shiny aluminum belly available somewhere for download ?
    Also wondering... the original link is dead.
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Also wondering... the original link is dead.
    i have remove it,because one make a more relistic one..................if you want it,send me a message........

cheers Ralf

One more from me:

VH-AGU, which was originally constructed for the USAAC in 1944 as a C-47B-35-DK and allocated the military serial 44-76336. In February 1945 it was acquired by the RAAF and allocated the serial A65-72. Operated until 1959, it was then sold to Adastra Airways and converted for civil use. In October 1964 the aircraft was re-registered to Sepal Pty Ltd, but in October 1969 it was acquired by Adastra Aerial Surveys Pty Ltd. Adastra Aerial Surveys was bought by East-West Airlines Ltd in April 1973 and VH-AGU was re-registered to East-West Airlines on 12 November 1974. East-West won the MLS trials support contract in December 1974 and VH-AGU was re-painted in East-West colours at Tamworth in the month prior to positioning at Melbourne/Essendon for the commencement of the contract on 25 January 1975. The contact was for 3 years with options to extend and it appears to have been extended twice before terminating on 10 August 1979. At some stage in the late 1970s the aircraft was transferred to South Coast Aviation, another East-West subsidiary. The aircraft was withdrawn from service in August 1979 at Essendon at the conclusion of its Departmental charter, and sold to Aerodyne Pty Ltd of Moorabbin. It was badly damaged when a Piper Cherokee ran into it at Brisbane in 1988, but it was repaired and is still current, owned by Jeffrey Trapett of Victoria, who had it painted in a USAF Vietnam camouflage paint scheme.

link to paint
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Brazilian Liveries

Dear Sirs.

Currently there is one Brazilian repaint for the C47V3. PP-ANU which MrButcher made and is astonishing.

There are plenty of operators that used the DC3 in Brazil, and even more liveries.

I will post some Color photos (which i could find) of the Operators, many internacional, like Real Aerovias, Panair, and Varig.

1st Listing.

Brazilian Air Force Livery (request Serial 2077)

REAL Aerovias one of the major operators in Brazil with its thunder green livery.

CV -440 for an idea of the profile scheme
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 418554_orig.jpg   2h7kv8p.jpg   2qlzo8i.gif   FAB-2018 depois da pintura Panair.jpg   c47_GRD.jpg   DC-2-DC-3-Panair.jpg  

DC3-panair.jpg  

I'll put one on my to-do list, OK?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Completely OT but inspired by the piccie above.

On the melody of 'Where have all the flowers gone' :

Where have all the Convairs gone, long time passing?
    Where have all the Convairs gone, long time ago?
    Where have all the Convairs gone?
    Completely forgotten by everyone.
    When will we have them back?
    When will we get them back?

Thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    and a few more:

Thank you so much for the Aerolineas Llaneras, i really enjoy it! Great work!

Jan,

That VC night lighting is "Out Of This World".

As usual with your work, we are happy to wait as long as it takes. (but of course we lack patience, lol).

======================================

And as far as the A2A Connie goes...... I was there when the one at the Aviodrome started it's first engine, and I was sold.

Ever since the DC-2/3 has been my all time favorite airplane, closely followed by the Connie, or should I call it "The Flying Cigar".
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Challenger and Monarch paints

I would really love to see more of the shiny aluminum paints.
    Can anyone please do Challenger and Monarch ? I can't find these anywhere for download.

Thank-you so much .

Monarch and Challenger paints...

5 C-47/DC-3's from Denver based Monarch Airlines, 4 from Salt Lake based Challenger Airlines and 3 from Phoenix based Arizona Airways were merged on June 1st, 1950 to Become Denver based Frontier Airlines. Frontier Airlines initially served more than 40 cities throughout the "Rocky Mountain Empire" from Canada to Mexico. Frontier was an amazing Local Service Carrier that flew in the worst weather, over some of the most difficult terrain in the World, and they did it safely with the "Grand Old Lady" for nearly 20 years. Frontier Pilots were highly regarded for their skill and abilities. One of these became the Highest time DC-3 Pilot in the World. Captain William McChrystal, who started with United and Western before going to work for Challenger in 1947 and retired from Frontier 29 years later. Captain McChrystal was officially certified to have 17,111 hours in the DC-3. An amazing feat in an amazing airplane. Frontier's Maintenance was so skilled, had so many spare parts, so many expertly overhauled engines that their expertise was highly sought after for the type. Frontier would end up operating 24 DC-3's, acquired an additional 13 when they merged with Central Airlines, and retired them completely by the end of 1969 in favor of their Convair 580's and Boeing Jets. True Commercial Aviation History...

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Jan,

That VC night lighting is "Out Of This World".
    Thanks, Manfred. ;-)

As usual with your work, we are happy to wait as long as it takes. (but of course we lack patience, lol).
    Not much needed anymore. I have just sent the nightlighted version off to the boys for testing. ( mind you, the v3.14 upgrade package will feature a lot more than just the nightlighting! )

======================================

And as far as the A2A Connie goes...... I was there when the one at the Aviodrome started it's first engine, and I was sold.
    I was sold more than half a century ago, Manfred.. You can imagine what kind of impact these amazing beautiful birds have left in the mind of a little schoolboy when every other airliner that landed at Schiphol/Amsterdam was a Connie... First the L.049, then the 749, 1049, up until the enormous Starliner. You could watch them coming over your head at about 50 feet too if you bothered to get on your bike and drive to the beginning of the runway just outside of the Schiphol premises.

When it comes to that there's nothing much left to enjoy around Schiphol. A good 'moment of truth' was when the DDA's newly acquired DC-4 landed at Schiphol a few years ago. As she came taxiïng down the taxiway to her stand at the apron of Schiphol/Oost and you could hear the beautiful sound of the 4 Pratt's at idle, in the background the 7x7's and Airbuses kept on taking off. Completely and utterly uninteresting compared to that beautiful living and breathing silver bird that was coming towards us.

I feel very fortunate to have been able to crawl all over this beautiful machine, inside and out, before she was sold again (damn dutch aviation authorities.. ). Of course i know every rivet of the Aviodrome's 749 as well. My buddy of DC-2 fame Rob Cappers and me, together with Hansi of course, would be doing a 049 and 749 for FSX with the revenues going to the Aviodrome's Connie project. That was during the time we didn't know anything about somebody called John Howard White... The rest is history.

More than anything else i have always wanted to do a Connie for FS. IMHO when it comes to airliners nothing can stand in its shadow. Was just not going to happen. John's as well as Manfred's Connie models are truly magnificent but not all singing and dancing with all bells and whistles provided for. Now it looks very much like we're finally getting that from A2A. Justice is done.

Cheers!

I haven't looked at this thread in a while (been down for medical reason for a bit), and I just wanted to say to all the repainters, BRAVO and CHEERS! I knew this release would bring forth some great repaints, but I'm blown away by all the amazing creations I've seen on these pages. Well done all!

Quote Originally Posted by lucas9310 View Post

Brazilian Air Force Livery (request Serial 2077)
    How's this? (still a few details to sort, mind you)

and why 2077? I could find no pics at all..

That is looking smart JK , that 77 , I have seen an 2086, I'll have to dig the book up and scan, strange the numbering jumped from the tens into the near 90s , maybe another squadron ?

here's an update:
    adjusted the black exhaust paint:

added emergency exits:

added Brazilian flags:

as well as some other odds and ends. One problem, because the cowlflaps are mirrored, I had to adjust the anti-glare panels, which should cover the entire inside of the engine, but having metal cowl flaps just didn't seem right.

Astonishing piece of work sir. truly Astonishing!

This SN 2077 was a friend of mine first C47 flight, and he came in love with it. Will ask for a pic when he sees this.

Thank you so much for your time and attention to detail. Really a merry christmas!

Best Regards!

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    here's an update:
    adjusted the black exhaust paint:

added emergency exits:

added Brazilian flags:

as well as some other odds and ends. One problem, because the cowlflaps are mirrored, I had to adjust the anti-glare panels, which should cover the entire inside of the engine, but having metal cowl flaps just didn't seem right.

Any word on that night lighting update ? We're looking forward to it !
    Sue

Does anyone of you great repainters consider doing the "Freight" livery of the default DC-3, the bare metal one with the blue undernose and the white window line?

Best, Christian

Members who have read this thread: 17