Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread - Page 13
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 v3 Livery Thread

Gman, thank you so much for taking on the repaint of "Drag-Em-Oot", it looks fantastic! Really looking forward to it when it's ready!

Reworked my V1 repaint to work with the outstanding V3 version. Would have taken more screenshots but the engine failed! Will upload soon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AAM-2.jpg   AAM-1.jpg  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Gman, thank you so much for taking on the repaint of "Drag-Em-Oot", it looks fantastic! Really looking forward to it when it's ready!
    Thank you for spotlighting that one John. I've still got quite a bit of detailing to do, door handles need proper color, cowls need chromate green inside and the gear need some detailing as well i.e. oleos etc. The radials are unique as well, so there will be some mods there as needed.

I'll spend some time with the interior textures, mainly seat covers and other bits that stand out in the available photos. I'd like to bring this exterior/interior package to a high level before I release.

The skin as shown is very much right out of the paint shop, but the photos I see of the restoration show some light flight wear. Now I'll bring out the fine brushes.

She is beautiful in the air and is my du jour C-47 at the moment.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

A requested paint I'm working on. Very much early stages, just wanted to see what she looked like in sim.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

I have downloaded this, but tried adding it...will it work with the C-47? NC

File Description:
    Manfred Jahn's C-117DV2 in Black: Her name is Pearl, along with this repaint you get exhaust and lighting effects watch video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGi156d34dg.

Filename: douglas_c117d_dc3s_black_pearl.zip
    License: Freeware
    Added: 16th June 2015, 13:25:33
    Downloads: 74
    Author: David Robles
    Size: 17944kb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Chief View Post
    I have downloaded this, but tried adding it...will it work with the C-47? NC
    Wont work Chief, the layout is different. C-117 uses three texture sheets for the external, the fuse is much longer, taller v-stab etc.

I've got a pearl silver/black skin for the C-47 though. My own personal ride. I can make it pure black and zip it up for you.

Older screencap pre V3
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Lufthansa-Repaint for Douglas C-47 Skytrain (Visser/Jahn)

Quote Originally Posted by Christoph_T View Post
    Couldn't resist to play with the paintkit.
    Very much WIP so...

Realy amazing freeware gem we got here

Christoph

Hello Christoph.

Your repaint looks good, exactly on this repaint of the Lufthansa wait many, many people, me too
    Will the LH repaint for the Douglas C-47 Skytrain, or, as above, represents only the Douglas DC-3?

Need this repaint for my virtual walk-arounds with the new airline pilot avatar

Best regards
    Christian
    Last edited by Christian Bahr; August 12th, 2016 at 01:28.
    regards
    Christian

P3Dv4 - ASUS Z97 Pro i7 4770k@4.4 Ghz (OC) 8 GB Kingston HyperX XMP 1600 Mhz ASUS GTX 1070 STRIX 8GB

For a sophisticated flight simulation
    www.bahrometrix.de

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    A requested paint I'm working on. Very much early stages, just wanted to see what she looked like in sim.

Joe
    Ahh that must be a VARIG repaint. When it is a VARIG repaint, it is quite funny somebody requested this, as I'm already aware of at least 4 repaints done by various at least 3 different repainters. Nearly all of these repaints fit the V2 version which means they will also fit the V3.12 version......

I have done that one on request in the past as well. Only when I had uploaded it I became aware of all the other versions.......

Sorry Joe, but I just had to vent my frustration...

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Ahh that must be a VARIG repaint. When it is a VARIG repaint, it is quite funny somebody requested this, as I'm already aware of at least 4 repaints done by various at least 3 different repainters. Nearly all of these repaints fit the V2 version which means they will also fit the V3.12 version......

I have done that one on request in the past as well. Only when I had uploaded it I became aware of all the other versions.......

Sorry Joe, but I just had to vent my frustration...

Cheers,
    Huub
    Hey Huub,

I know of yours and a V1 paint, will need to search on the others to make sure I'm not doing the same a/c.
    This one is also a static (PP-ANU) and is requested by the same person you did yours for.
    Anyways, mine is far from done and I'm not happy with the way I did the tail end, so will be redoing
    that. Plus I still need to find a good source for the logos as I'm coming up empty on my searches.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

have not been able to read through all the pages here as time is limited on the library computers but hoping if there would be any chance of someone being able to paint up a few British Airline C47's i.e Channel Airways, BEA, BOAC etc.

Not too demanding am I?

Had a look through the repaints for the C47 and only one British repaint was available Air Atlantique, should anyone be willing to put their artistic talents and time forward this would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Nigel.

Three exterior models

Note to Repainters: three exterior V3 models shortly becoming available in SOH's library.

More: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1038642

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post
    Note to Repainters: three exterior V3 models shortly becoming available in SOH's library.

Please notice only:

Just use for "default" flight the name of the present (and existing) model from V3 version + new name ONLY for this 2 new version.
    If all models will have new names will be the problem with existing repaints for V3 in airplane.cfg.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bahr View Post
    Hello Christoph.

Your repaint looks good, exactly on this repaint of the Lufthansa wait many, many people, me too
    Will the LH repaint for the Douglas C-47 Skytrain, or, as above, represents only the Douglas DC-3?

Best regards
    Christian
    Hello Christian,

it is indeed for the C-47 Skytrain. I'll contact you as soon as I have new info...

Greetings from Hamburg,

Christoph

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Bahr View Post

Best regards
    Christian

like this port over from v2?

cheers ralf
    Last edited by banjoman1960; August 12th, 2016 at 13:46.

Finished my civilian version and added the high shine metal lower fuselage similar to "Miss Virginia". I toned it down some from the way it looked in "Miss Virginia". All that "shine" hurt my eyes.

I fixed the upper hinge and lower hinge color, but left the air duct inlet on the left front alone. It crossed three colors of paint and finally got tired of "tweaking" to get lines lined up. I don't have one of those high-powered paint programs. Just DXTBMP and GIMP 2.6, but it got me what I wanted. I'm a happy guy.

Enjoy.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by mjahn View Post

Thank you VERY MUCH for deleting the Rebecca antennas! What a GREAT present you are giving us! Thank you AGAIN!!

Don

C47_2 Model with Southern Airways repaint

The V2 Southern Airways fits absolutely perfectly on the new model (no unwanted antennae) and here it is at D10 at Hartsfield Atlanta Airport in 1962. The scenery is Calclassic KATL Core and KATL 1962 both originally for FS9 and work beautifully in FSX. I downloaded and installed their library for FSX all available at their website along with a lot of other retro scenery and airports. Some have even been upgraded to FSX versions. Worth a look. I'm going to go out and look for other retro scenery for the Southern Airways airports flown to.

http://www.calclassic.com/

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Southern Airways at KATL 1962-1.jpg   Southern Airways at KATL 1962-2.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    The V2 Southern Airways fits absolutely perfectly on the new model (no unwanted antennae) and here it is at D10 at Hartsfield Atlanta Airport in 1962. The scenery is Calclassic KATL Core and KATL 1962 both originally for FS9 and work beautifully in FSX. I downloaded and installed their library for FSX all available at their website along with a lot of other retro scenery and airports. Some have even been upgraded to FSX versions. Worth a look. I'm going to go out and look for other retro scenery for the Southern Airways airports flown to.

http://www.calclassic.com/

All I fly is CalClassic Scenery...most works fine in FSX but there are a couple I've found that don't. Don't see any in your pictures, but you can also download AI aircraft and routes for them so no more 737's, etc. You can also pick which year you want the AI to fly in...1957 - no jets, 1959 - a few jets but mostly Propliners or 1962 - more jets but still a lot of Propliners. Many of the airports come with a choice of years for you...KLAX (part of the California Package) for 1959, old terminal but with the new terminal and Restaurant being built, or 1962 and your at the new terminal. Sometimes when you put in an old airport, such as the Denver Stapleton, it makes the new airport go away.

Love not having all those modern jets and jetways showing.

Blog Entries
    Drag Em Oot Uploaded

I decided to go with a finish very much like what is shown in archive photos of the working airplane. Almost restoration new, but with some every day use showing as well. This package comes with a dedicated interior featuring olive green VC with black panels, quad and seats.

Note: This is one of the few flying airplanes that actually has Rebecca array, so no mods will be necessary.

She's uploaded and awaiting approval.

Thomas Jefferson

That looks really nice. I, too, just use DXTBMP and Gimp mostly for my own personal paints (I'm not really very good). It looks like you got the most out of them. Does the shine on the wings match the body? Are you planning on uploading?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjett53 View Post
    Finished my civilian version and added the high shine metal lower fuselage similar to "Miss Virginia". I toned it down some from the way it looked in "Miss Virginia". All that "shine" hurt my eyes.

I fixed the upper hinge and lower hinge color, but left the air duct inlet on the left front alone. It crossed three colors of paint and finally got tired of "tweaking" to get lines lined up. I don't have one of those high-powered paint programs. Just DXTBMP and GIMP 2.6, but it got me what I wanted. I'm a happy guy.

Enjoy.

Randy
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    Yay....saves me painting Reginald's ones.....

Time now for me to upload the 3 Qantas ones...

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Yay....saves me painting Reginald's ones.....

Time now for me to upload the 3 Qantas ones...
    ive done a few at OZx and have one more planned

These 3 Qantas versions have been uploaded here...

VH-EAP [cn:12873] [sn:42-93009] was built as a C47A-20-DK at the Douglas Oklahoma City plant in March 1944 and was delivered to the RAAF as A65-44 in April 1944 with use granted to Qantas Empire Airways Limited and first entering the AAR in June 1948 as VH-EAP. She currently resides at Qantas's Longreach Museum.

VH-EAR [cn:12035] [sn:42-92255] was built as a C47A-1-DK at the Douglas Oklahoma City plant in November 1943 and was delivered to the RAAF as A65-25 in January 1944 with use granted to Qantas Empire Airways Limited in March 1948 and first entering the AAR in July 1948 as VH-EAR and converted by Qantas to DC-3-S1C3G and operated in PNG.

VH-EDD [cn:13922-25367] [sn:43-48106] was built as a C47A-30-DK at the Douglas Oklahoma City plant in July 1944 and was delivered to the RAAF as A65-57 in August 1944 with use granted to Qantas Empire Airways Limited and first entering the AAR in December 1946 as VH-EAO and again in January 1964 as VH-EDD and operated for pilot training and freight.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VH-EAP.jpg   VH-EAR.jpg   VH-EDD.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 17