Some C-47 V3 Feedback - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Some C-47 V3 Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by alain0568 View Post
    Hello

Congratulations to all the team for this gem!
    I like to have a 2D window radios like editing picture is attached:

Is it possible?
    Thank you!
    Cordially!

Alain
    you can use provisional
    c window 172 window01
    copy and paste the file panel
    last number add
    Window07 = RADIO_STACK_PANEL C172

-----------------------------------
    copy and paste
    [Window07]
    BACKGROUND_COLOR=2,2,2
    size_mm=156,308
    position=8
    visible=0
    ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL
    zorder=3
    gauge00=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Audio, 0, 0,156,31
    gauge01=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 1, 0, 29,156,59
    gauge02=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Nav-Comm 2, 0, 86,156,59
    gauge03=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF, 0,142,156,41
    gauge04=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio DME, 0,180,156,41
    gauge05=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio Xpndr, 0,217,156,49
    gauge06=Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio AP, 0,262,156,48
    windowsize_ratio=1.000
    window_pos=0.756,0.358
    window_size=0.243,0.641
    ------------------

Hello, J.M. Castilla,

Yes, I had already used the radio pack, by default!
    But I do not like these modern radios in older aircraft.
    That's why I did the demand for these radios 170 King! Hope that's possible!
    Have a good day!

Alain

Hello, J.M. Castilla,

Yes, I had already used the radio pack, by default!
    But I do not like these modern radios in older aircraft.
    That's why I did the demand for these radios 170 King! Hope that's possible!
    Have a good day!

Alain
    ok
    2d is to look after the same radio
    in another plane of your hangar
    2nd photo is to create radio
    32-bit photo to bmp
    and in the same place xml
    with fspanel program
    -------------------------------------
    Now I look at the position of doing the same in 2 D
    and I speak
    of the project
    Thank you

Hello,

-Thank You for your instructions!
    However, I am not able to make these adjustments !!
    Have a good day

Alain

Hello,

-Thank You for your instructions!
    However, I am not able to make these adjustments !!
    Have a good day

Alain
    do not worry
    I do it for you
    ----------------
    already
    notice
    Thank you

Hello again,

-It's Very nice!
    -Thank you for your work!

Alain
    -

Would you please consider sharing the relevant text here as well?

Ta!

C

Camera Views

Thanks for this great aircraft.
    It gives someone like me, who is not a pilot, some challenges and is still fun to fly.

I have an observation regarding the F10, F11 and F12 keys.
    What I have noticed is if you change planes without rebooting the sim the F10, F11 and F12 keys are inoperative in any other plane.

This is not a problem for me, but thought I would mention it in case there is a simple solution that I am missing.

Thanks again to all who put the countless hours into this sim for the rest of us.
    Irvin IntelCore2Duo-E6850 3GHz- eForce8800GTX-768MB-2GBram- FSX-UTCan
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

I wanted to have radios on 2 d
    I do not use track ir
    and it is difficult to access radios
    So I wanted 2d radios

tried all radios 2 d
    my pc in Stock
    none move the wheel 2d
    install 170
    install 175
    other aircraft
    3d positive
    2d negative
    It does not function
    I am sorry
    not possible for me 2d window
    2d not function wheel
    -------------------
    function wheel yes
    adf yes
    transponder yes
    dme yes
    -------------------
    function wheel negative
    radio com1 do not
    radio com 2 do not
    vor 1 do not
    vor 2 do not
    -------------------
    -------------
    sorry
    to all

Icon26

I have always loved the MAAMsim DC-3. I thought it was wonderful. I just switched from the C-47 V3 beta, to the MAAMsim DC-3 in mid flight, just to compare. I'll probably never fly the MAAMsim DC-3 again. There is no comparision. The sound set alone makes it pale, add the hi-res VC, and forget the DC-3 !
    Sue

Another bit of feedback for the team. It is a very minor issue, but the ON/OFF switch for the NAV2 radio does not turn this radio off. When it is off, it does prevent the radio from being tuned. However, it still receives signals and affects the RMI needle. If the VOR2 needle in the RMI is pointing to a station and then the NAV2 radio is turned off, the needle still points to the station. It only goes to its off position if the frequency of the NAV2 radio is changed. The ON/OFF switches for NAV1 and COM radios may also be similar, but I did not test them.

Also, I don't know how feasible it is for the programming of this aircraft, but it would be nice if the fuel quantities in the tanks would persist from the last flight, rather than resetting every time you start a new flight.

Bill

Noted. Thanks for the detailed feedback. I've also thought it would be nice to have persistent fuel states, a la A2A.

Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    I have always loved the MAAMsim DC-3. I thought it was wonderful. I just switched from the C-47 V3 beta, to the MAAMsim DC-3 in mid flight, just to compare. I'll probably never fly the MAAMsim DC-3 again. There is no comparision. The sound set alone makes it pale, add the hi-res VC, and forget the DC-3 !
    Sue
    I first did my "Melbourne's Gooney Bird" paint for the MAAMsim plane and since the release of the V3 have done the same paint for it too....so can switch between the same aircraft in both models....and the determination as to which is better is a 'no-brainer'. Admittedly the first paint was done in 2012...and the V3 one is current [and still being tweaked] so the quality of paint/accuracy is better...

Seemed to have lost my "Passengers Boarding" audio from MCE on this aircraft. Have tried it with the C-47 v3 voices activated and not activated...no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,

just a question, sorry if the topic has already been discused, does the hydraulic pressure "steam" gages are operative ?
    When retracting or extending the landing gear the pressure should drop then settle back to 900 PSI and I don't see any fluctuating needle on my VC gage...

Thanks for your inputs,
    Francois

Question for the sound experts

So I tried to add sound, besides the click, to the no smoking and fasten seat belts switches but it doesn't work. At the same time I tried to add a ground roll sound. The sound files were added to the sound folder from my PMDG NGX folder along with the config entries. (for my personal use). What am I missing, is there a reason this won't work in the C-47 V3.12?
    The area highlighted is my addition to the C-47's sound.cfg
    Thanks for any insight.

I've only one observation to make about this great piece of work. The seat rattling! I've checked through the whole of this thread and no-one else has mentioned it. Apart from being too loud (I could edit that) they seem a bit haphazard and come in and go out 'arbitrarily'
    Not enough to stop me using it but I thought I'd give it a mention.

The PMDG J4 and J5 sounds are silent.
    No idea about the ground roll file which does at least play.
    I would suggest you use the entries from one of the default jets instead.
    Regards,
    Nick

During one of my flights I overheard the captain and the flight attendant discussing her girdle and possibly removing said item!

Quote Originally Posted by ncooper View Post
    The PMDG J4 and J5 sounds are silent.

I would suggest you use the entries from one of the default jets instead.
    Hmm... been a while since I've flown the NGX, I guess I didn't remember and just... assumed!
    I'll try one of the others and test it first. Thanx!

@ Ron
    I believe it is tied to groundspeed. If you are right at the trigger speed, the rattles will cut in and out accordingly...

On another note, still sound related...

Is there a way to have the "Callouts" defaulted to "ON". Just so we don't have to click it each new flight?

And - since were on the subject...
    Is there a way to have the "Monitor" boxes defaulted to open as well, again so we don't have to do them each time? Still have them hidden - as in pull them up with shift+4 - but come up open (ie; in its previous or 'set' state) initially - with "Callouts" ON. Just as it does 'after' you set them up the first time...

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    So I tried to add sound, besides the click, to the no smoking and fasten seat belts switches but it doesn't work. At the same time I tried to add a ground roll sound. The sound files were added to the sound folder from my PMDG NGX folder along with the config entries. (for my personal use). What am I missing, is there a reason this won't work in the C-47 V3.12?
    The area highlighted is my addition to the C-47's sound.cfg
    Thanks for any insight.

Interesting that can these other sounds from other aircraft...I noticed, and missed, the little "ding" you get on most aircraft when I turn on the No Smoking and Fasten Seat Belt signs. I may try to add that from another aircraft. Thanks.

However...does anyone know if the DC-3 in airline service actually made a "ding" sound when either of these were activated? Interesting to find out.

We had this discussion in the alpha\beta testing stage.
    The answer seemed to be that all the known real aircraft did not have a sound
    that played when the switches were moved but instead, lights were switched on
    and off in the passenger cabin.
    That said, there are so many versions of the DC3 and C47 that adding a sound
    may well reflect what some operator or other has added for their own purposes.
    Regards,
    Nick

Jan et al-

Would it be possible to provide some insight into the continued development of v3, in particular Alex Metzger's revisit to the flight model? It would be much appreciated! This aeroplane enthralls in much the same way as her real life counterpart.

Ta!

C

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    I too would like to see further development of this wonderful aircraft. Move it up to passenger model with proper interior. I would also like to see a 28/32 passenger version that includes a Viewmaster version.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 0