Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 3
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Thank you very very much, It is a great aircraft.

Thank you all for the wonderful gift, you people are what makes SOH so special.

Had my first test flight a few hours ago. Impressive work.

Excellent modelling, awesome cockpit textures and a brilliant sound!

Absolutely amazing work.

Thanks so much.

BTW Anybody an idea why the SOH Server is so busy?

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian1943 View Post
    . . . . .BTW Anybody an idea why the SOH Server is so busy?
    Yes, most likely because of this very aircraft. Since it's release last evening there have been over 750 downloads. . .that'll probably slow things down a bit.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Yes, most likely because of this very aircraft. Since it's release last evening there have been over 750 downloads. . .that'll probably slow things down a bit.
    I know, that was poor a attempt of a German to be humorous

Blog Entries
    I had already thanked the TEAM earlier but I really want to express my extreme surprise and joy at the fact that this aircraft was so well made that even an OLD socket 775 motherboard with 4 GB of memory and a QX 9650 runs this BABY at over 40 fps EVERYWHERE on FSX STEAM! You guys are the cat's MEOW!
    Ted
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian1943 View Post
    I know, that was poor a attempt of a German to be humorous
    Were would we be without it ....

Thank you Gentlemen !!!!
    The more you do, the less you dream

Now THAT's an airplane! LOVE how it shakes and rattles on the ground. After so many countless teaser screenies and videos over the years I honestly thought it couldn't possibly live up to the hype.

I was wrong.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Beautiful!! Vc day and a night shot with a temporary cabin light 'til the team add the real deal

SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Great model, thanks. Now please tell me what the noise is rolling at about 40 knots? Sounds like a crowd outside throwing large rocks at the plane.

Are you running Accufeel?

On my way from Germany to ...mmmh Africa! Or .....Australia!

Love my new office!

''Cover me Goose... I am going in''...

Starting download now.
    CrazyCanuck
    formely know as BigBry
    Flight "sinner" since 1989

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Great model, thanks. Now please tell me what the noise is rolling at about 40 knots? Sounds like a crowd outside throwing large rocks at the plane.
    It's a sound effect that corresponds to the vibration of items in the cockpit and structure in general (which is quite common in older aircraft and in some newer ones). It sounds pretty good & accurate from the VC but the negative is that it's also audible on the exterior of this model. I'm sure they will eventually tune up the sound details in due time but in the meantime, a user can mute the sounds by either using null sound files or commenting out the appropriate file lines.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wait till ya ride an old freight type .. it lurch's and rattles , this is so well done with this C-47/DC-3 and even a passenger class seat ... me in the Jump seat it has this real creaking sound to it .... tho the PAX cabin is a lot quieter.

Thank you Sirs.This is a wonderful gift.
    The work involved in this work of Art is
    staggering.

I can't wait to fly it.

A million thanks.

Anthin.

PS.If anyone could do an Aer Lingus post war paint .

Icon5

This aircraft is great!! I was so excited (it was like opening a Christmas present when you're eight years old) even though I didn't have time to fly it, I just had to load it up and become familiar with the new (old) cockpit. I loved the sound of those radials idling.

One quick question though.... my view keys are all wackie. I use F9 for virtual cockpit, F10 for tower view, F11 is locked spot, and because F12 is used for frame grab photographs is Steam I have reassigned Top Down to F8. What parameter do I reassign so I can have my familiar view presets? Is it camera views? I have never done this before so I'd appreciate a little guidance.

Thanks again to all who contributed to this project. It has exceeded my expectations.

Regards,
    Obie

Missing Gauge?

Great plane!! Thanks SOH. Simply beautiful!

Has anyone noticed that there is a gauge (radiosvvc!DH125_RMI) called out the VC of the panel.cfg that is missing in the radiosvvc gauge? Bob.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    ​First time I have been able to get on here in 17 hours because of a "Server too busy" message. Just want to say thank you to Jan and Manfred for such a great aircraft.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Just finished my first long distance flight from Bremen, Germany to Nea Anchialos, Greece.
    Need a Douglas Sleeper Transport!

Dang. Finally able to make a post.

Wow, Amazing, Fantastique, unbelievable,..... None of these words can come close to expressing the quality of this gem.

My compliments and gratitude to Manfred Jahn, Jan Visser and the rest of the team.

I was lucky that the download completed despite the website being overloaded.

Had a quick flight to admire this product of mutual flight simmers love. I could actually adjust the mixture, just by listening to the sound of the engines.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Now I gotta get the Paint Kit ... so I can get the Gooney Bird up and running. It's ex-RAAF so has the cargo doors....but was refitted with 'normal' seats, etc...

Members who have read this thread: 6