Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 9
Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Got the PK....convinced it to load into my preferred PSP6 ....the 2 images in one makes things 'easier'...now just got to get my Gooney Bird paint to 'fit'. Looks like a total redraw so gonna be a while...

Is there anyway to have the copilot, flight attendant and the interphone switch active by default? Is there a config I can edit to do that?
    Half the time I forget to turn them on and I find it to be a good feature. One time I forgot to throttle back after take off and the copilot told me I was pushing it too hard.

Blog Entries
    Gentleman and ladies...

The PK is uploaded and admin has pulled the trigger, so download that baby and get to work.

Briefing Notes:

I run Photoshop CS6 so let me know if there are issues in earlier versions of PS, Paint, Corel, Gimp or others. I'll see what I can do.
    No need to credit me with your skins created with my PK, but if you feel inclined it's always appreciated.

It's freeware...let's keep it that way. TY

I've pre-set the layers to render the flattened images in a more or less correct representation of real world. Of course, there is endless flexibility built in to the layer options for those who want to stretch.

The common texture file in the JV/MH C-47 V3 does not utilize a generic spec texture. Be sure to include a dedicated spec texture sheet for your individual skins.

I've created a basic metal skin with HD bump and generic spec texture sheet (separate download). Drop the bump and spec sheets in the common texture file and create a fallback texture.cfg doc pointing to the common file. Use mine from the metal skin as a template if you wish.

Your old skins will update automatically if you use my bump and spec files. To add Ted's radial to your old files, drop your .bmp or .dds texture sheet into the PK, enable the TF radial layer, flatten your image and re-convert in DXTbmp freeware.

If you want to use 4K texture sheets (4096 x 4096), add your alpha layer as a channel in PS and export as .bmp format. This file will open in DXTbmp freeware without compressing to 2048. Save it out as a DXT5 or 32bit .dds file for the sim. I use 32 bit for my color skins, DXT5 for details and DXT3 for bumps.

Be advised: NVIDIA normal maps will cause shader issues with this model. You will get a hard shade line down the fuse top, nacelle seams etc if you try to make your own bump map. Save yourself a headache and use the one I provided. If you are familiar with the old school method of making bump maps knock yourself out.

Rivet and panel layers are included in the PK. There is always room for improvement in this area, so if you add detail feel free to share with the rest of us. lol

K...that's it.

Enjoy friends...this one was on me.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Nice and thank You!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Just as quick update for all the folks that have already grabbed the ZK-DAK livery: I've fixed the tailfin texture (among other things).

Please re-download from OzX:
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...k-nz-warbirds/

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Looking the part matey, we have so many choice subject paints for this

Icon22

Hi Jan,
    Can I hope in a XC-47C (floatplane) ?

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post

Looking good... paratrooper door is #4!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Looking good... paratrooper door is #4!

Yes!

Thanks! Good, not torn down, the door
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Hi mates!!! I've just installed Hani's blue cockpit paint and I was wondering what real world Dak have been painted this way. My Hamlet-like dilemma is :
    military birds where green and civil operated ones where ( or are ) blue ( light blue )???
    Being this addon so perfect, it would be a pity ( at least for me ) to have a perfect model and external paint with a wrong interior painting.
    The more you do, the less you dream

Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    Is there anyway to have the copilot, flight attendant and the interphone switch active by default? Is there a config I can edit to do that?
    Half the time I forget to turn them on and I find it to be a good feature. One time I forgot to throttle back after take off and the copilot told me I was pushing it too hard.
    The check-List is your friend hihihihi

Beautiful work guys!

I have kept my round the world tour on hold in India waiting for this release.

Now I'm off again across the hump!

Any chance of the RAE version getting a do-over now that Gordon has released the PK?

TIA!

C

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Yes, page 10 in the manual first picture "click to hide/ unhide yokes."

Edit: Didn't have any pics, so loaded up the sim to show the locations on the panel.

Thanks, I printed the manual and read it twice and totally missed that note up in the corner of the photo. I guess these old eyes are getting a little weak...grin.

Tom

Just installed the 50940 skin and find it's looking a bit odd above the flightdeck. Textures from the included folder added to the v3 texture folder and allowed to overwrite.

Also.. reading back through the thread, I notice my brain and fingers lost sync. My thanks should have read Thanks Gordon.. not Graham
    ATB
    DaveB

Any of you DC-3/C-47 pilots up for a real professional challenge?

Try flying any of these complete flights, and see if you can maintain an on-time schedule. You must taxi to the ramp on each landing and at least open the doors for a minute to simulate passenger/baggage loading.

http://www.timetableimages.com/ttima...i57/pi57-3.jpg

Dutch

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Thanks, I printed the manual and read it twice and totally missed that note up in the corner of the photo. I guess these old eyes are getting a little weak...grin.

Tom
    BW photos are little bit harder to see those items than a color photo would I think. I didn't notice it myself until I zoomed in on that red tag and click on it.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Yes, the desire for period aesthetics probably inadvertently made the manual a little less user-friendly. Mea culpa. However, an earlier (and more error-ridden) version in color is still available through the link posted in the original C-47 thread. I can correct that manual and am sure the team would be happy to include both in future updates.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Just installed the 50940 skin and find it's looking a bit odd above the flightdeck. Textures from the included folder added to the v3 texture folder and allowed to overwrite.

Also.. reading back through the thread, I notice my brain and fingers lost sync. My thanks should have read Thanks Gordon.. not Graham
    ATB
    DaveB
    No worries about the Graham thing. My wife's name is Daylight and people always call her Rainbow!

I'll touch up that flaw you pointed out Dave, and post up a patch. Thanks for pointing that out. Guilty as charged...too many pots on the fire and missed that one.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Hani beat me to it but i was also looking forward to play around with the VC colors a bit. Here's a first try in 'vintage black' with faded brown upholstery and padding. Should go nicely with a civilan DC-3 i guess ?....

Also trying a grey colored VC. I might try a grey'ish panel too.

Cheers,
    Jan

Jan, I actually like that better than the original. Nice job!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Yup.. I like that too Ed

Rgr on the patch Gordon
    ATB
    DaveB

Members who have read this thread: 9