Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 8
Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

I've just had a look at Tufun's TFS bare metal paint and I have to say it's one of the best bare metal skins I've ever seen. The bumps on it are superb. You don't fancy re-skinning the MV F100-D do you Ted

ATB
    DaveB

Thanks to all who worked on this project... wonderful stuff

Matt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    I've just had a look at Tufun's TFS bare metal paint and I have to say it's one of the best bare metal skins I've ever seen. The bumps on it are superb. You don't fancy re-skinning the MV F100-D do you Ted

ATB
    DaveB
    I think Ted did this gorgeous skin using the first PK I did for the MJ DAK. The new PK is uploaded with improvements for the new V3 bird from Jan Visser/Manfred Jahn. I was able to upload a new skin, which has an improved version of the bumps that Ted used in his silver metal skin.

Keyword: Douglas C-47 V3 Oldskin

Also, watch for the update kit that has the new HD bump set and generic specular file for V3.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    I need help! I have down loaded three times, when I go to fly the C47 I can only get the inside view, I cannot switch to the out side view, and only get one paint no other? Can some one help? Thanks Lee
    Hello,

Could you be more precise in describing what you're doing ("I cannot switch to the outside view")?
    If you're using the infamous EZdok, chances are you cannot see the aircraft properly from the external view, because you need to launch the EZCA Config (normally, you must do that for every new aircraft you add to P3D/FSX). If that's something else, since we're not psychics, we'll need more details, like what simulator, version, what you do, what you see

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Manfred, Jan & Team, a true work of art! Thank you so much for devoting your energy and talent to this project!<o></o>

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I think Ted did this gorgeous skin using the first PK I did for the MJ DAK. The new PK is uploaded with improvements for the new V3 bird from Jan Visser/Manfred Jahn. I was able to upload a new skin, which has an improved version of the bumps that Ted used in his silver metal skin.

Keyword: Douglas C-47 V3 Oldskin

Also, watch for the update kit that has the new HD bump set and generic specular file for V3.
    Thanks Graham.. kudos to you both
    ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by Redglyph View Post
    Hello,

Could you be more precise in describing what you're doing ("I cannot switch to the outside view")?
    If you're using the infamous EZdok, chances are you cannot see the aircraft properly from the external view, because you need to launch the EZCA Config (normally, you must do that for every new aircraft you add to P3D/FSX). If that's something else, since we're not psychics, we'll need more details, like what simulator, version, what you do, what you see
    I believe Lee maybe referring to the fact that their is no "spot" -hence outside views- of the aircraft assigned to the F11 and f12 keys. The best way for Lee to see the outside view of the aircraft is to press the "S" key.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Mumbower View Post
    I need help! I have down loaded three times, when I go to fly the C47 I can only get the inside view, I cannot switch to the out side view, and only get one paint no other? Can some one help? Thanks Lee
    Hello Lee,

Your download seems to be correct. Their is only one paint. The other one's textures got left out of the release.

As for your outside views....the standard assigned F11 and F12 keys for "spot" and "top down" views have been re-assigned to (F11) cockpit view -which i do not understand- and then (F12) which is right engine start up view, so you can count the props on start up.

I tend to use the "S" key to get the outside view and then assign it to "Lock-Spot".

I hope this helps you out?

Cheers,
    Tim.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    Thanks Graham.. kudos to you both
    ATB
    DaveB
    Thanks Dave, used Gordon's excellent v.2 PK as credited in the readme file. I know we don't read those... to excited to fly this C47!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Impressive Job Guys!!!!

Well done guys for super impressive job and hats off to all who were involve in this well anticipated project of the year.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Hello Lee,

Your download seems to be correct. Their is only one paint. The other one's textures got left out of the release.
    There are two paints, the paratrooper folder uses the texture.cfg to display the plane and has a different VC file with a light specifically for the paratroopers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Warren View Post
    Ya Gotta love MP Flights .. Previous MP I'd never seen so many C-47/DC-3 in one go ... Soooo, there will be a next time shortly
    DC3 Airways hope to have 20+ C47's in the air for Market Garden in September! A joint operation with Bluegrass, Ever Green Air, Flight Ontario, Flightsim.com MP adventures etc.. SOH and others are also welcome to participate in this event which will be hosted via FSINN. Server Id's and passwords will be made available in late August. Scenery, effects and routing details will be included in the posting also.

A posting will be made at DC3 Airways in mid August with further details.

Hopefully the P3D guys can get a paratroop function operating before then.

Good job we are not doing the D day night time paradrop!

I had to wait three days, but this AM I got two skins and the PK uploaded. The two skins have the new HD bumps and spec included.
    Just waiting for admin to switch them live.
    I see the new skins (yay!!!) but not the paint kit. Is it live yet? Is there a link I somehow missed?

Adam.

EDIT: Found it (many thanks!!!!): http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=176&id=21662
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Just saw Gman's liveries and PK made avail.

Wohoo!! Looking forward to see all the skilled painter's here to do their magic.

Thanks for all your effort Gman

EDIT: Correction, the PK is indeed missing!

EDIT 2: It is not showing on the home page yet, but it is avail here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...1662&catid=176
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Been trying to post here for a few days, (and a ton of others are too I presume)

Thanks so much for this wonderful aircraft, ever since I can remember I have loved the C47 (Tintin in Tibet?) and this new version is THE bees-knees

Just grabbed the paintkit (thanks gman) just now, cant wait to paint one I've been wanting for a while

Cheers

Thank you for the paint kit!! It looks very good indeed. Much appreciated

Glenn

I'm working with the new paint kit now (gulp!!) - thanks, Gman!!!

Great idea to have the two textures side-by-side. Now we know that colour changes are applied correctly to *both* textures!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

A pure joy to fly Gentlemen ! Really appreciate all the effort from the combined team ! Mike

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

C47

Thank you Timmy 74, you are a gentleman, all is well now, great plane. Lee

Speaking of which....

I had to wait three days, but this AM I got two skins and the PK uploaded. The two skins have the new HD bumps and spec included.
    Just waiting for admin to switch them live.
    Let the games begin.
    Thanks "G"... so much detail in the PK... beautiful!

Hide yokes

Is there a way to hide the yokes?

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by THibben View Post
    Is there a way to hide the yokes?

Thanks,

Tom
    Yes, page 10 in the manual first picture "click to hide/ unhide yokes."

Edit: Didn't have any pics, so loaded up the sim to show the locations on the panel.

SOH-CM-2020

Hide The Yokes with the Little Red notice

The yokes can be hidden by clicking the little red notices on the instrument panel just above the yokes themselves - individual removal means you can leave either one in place if you wish.

Members who have read this thread: 9