Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 7
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

chocks issue

First off, let me say THIS IS AWESOME!! Hell of job, and much thanks! Only question I have is a problem with the chocks. I cant get them to go away no matter how many times I click the chocks button on the control panel. they stay visible through all stages of taxi and flight. suggestions?

Hit the Deck

Pretty neat stuff here. My thanks to all who put this together. Sure are a lot of improvements over V2 of this DAK
    The Jumpers are going for a football stadium below, hope they make it

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Here you go, Manfred : http://www.daleair.com/aromas/transport

Works a treat when i swap my virtual flying cap for a steam-engine driver's hat every now and then.

Ok, no typical vintage cockpit aroma yet but i did tell them about a vast community outthere who, on top of the visual and audio aspect, is eagerly waiting to get their noses involved into a virtual flying immersion as well. That's about two years ago... If i were Daleair i'd be on it like a fly on a turd ( believe it or not (check it out if not) while they don't offer aircraft cockpit aroma they do have pinguin droppings aroma amongst their vast collection ! )

cheers,
    jan
    Thanks Jan,

Now the socks can go in the wash.

And As my wife happens to have a thing for penguins I will have to have a look at athat as well
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

fantastic aircraft - congratulations on a magnificent job !!!

One minor issue ( i am running FSX Acceleration ) with WIndows 10 and DX10 Fixer enabled.'
    Everytime I load this aircraft I get an error " could not load Paddrand.bmp" is this a file from this aircraft ? or I am I chasing ghosts and this error is related to something else

I just downloaded TunFun's Bare metal skin and again I'm getting a dull (nearly gray) appearance which doesn't match the screens. I posted this issue on the other thread but I'm seeing screens from other posters showing shiny metal on the same paints I have. Scratching my head here wondering if I have some missing or bad files?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2021
    Thanks for the information Nick. I'll try those settings and let you know how I get on. As well as meeting new friends, I was hoping that one day, I might get reacquainted with some old ones?

Dennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    Jan thanks to allow repaints, this will enrich further this gem

I was unable to upload here in sim-outhouse then i sent to Flightsim and Simviation

She looks fantastic! Could you maybe post a link to this file please?

Cheers,
    Tim.

yesterday online

Thank´s

Quote Originally Posted by StormILM View Post
    I just downloaded TunFun's Bare metal skin and again I'm getting a dull (nearly gray) appearance which doesn't match the screens. I posted this issue on the other thread but I'm seeing screens from other posters showing shiny metal on the same paints I have. Scratching my head here wondering if I have some missing or bad files?
    Obviously the alpha layers do not load. TuFun's textures are made in 4096x4096 format. Perhaps this is a bit too much for your computer. On my humble system 2048X2048 is the maximum size which will load in a reasonable time. You should also have you maximum texture size adjusted in your fsx configuration file, by updating the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= value.

I hope this is useful for you,

Huub

yesterday online

Thank´s

yesterday online

Thank´s

Ya Gotta love MP Flights .. Previous MP I'd never seen so many C-47/DC-3 in one go ... Soooo, there will be a next time shortly

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Obviously the alpha layers do not load. TuFun's textures are made in 4096x4096 format. Perhaps this is a bit too much for your computer. On my humble system 2048X2048 is the maximum size which will load in a reasonable time. You should also have you maximum texture size adjusted in your fsx configuration file, by updating the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= value.

I hope this is useful for you,

Huub
    I ran through different settings with the TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= but to no avail. The only other models I have that this happens with are the Restauravia Mirage models with bare metal. All of the other high end bare metal repaints/models I have work fine. Come to think of it, I had some previous high end (4096) bare metal textures before that worked fine on other models and MJ's C-117. That's what makes this issue so odd. My system specs are pretty good (fairly current hardware).

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sorry to hear that StromILM. Most likely it has to do with the specific way your graphic card handles alpha layers. I don't see any similarities on the textures of the Restauravia Mirage and Tufun's textures, which do not exist on other textures, and which are likely to cause this anomaly.

Tim, the blue interior is not yet available at Flightsim.com, but can already be found at simviation ( http://simviation.com/1/browse-Vintage-66-0 ).

Cheers,
    Huub

Just thought I'd mention that I've re-vamped my old V2 ZK-DAK livery. The new V3-compatible version comes with two resolutions plus standard or mip-mapped variants. I found the stripes on the nose got a bit pixellated - even at 2048px, so re-did the lot at 4096px.

This is one of my all-time favourite aircraft in RL, so it's great to have it in P3D! Should work OK in FSX.

The file can be found here:
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...k-nz-warbirds/

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Its a great repaint Adam and one of my favourites as well.

TuFun gave me his permission to install his latest radials on my repaints. Therefore I am planning to upload my reworked KLM and DDA textures etc. for the V.3 version of this beautiful model.

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Just thought I'd mention that I've re-vamped my old V2 ZK-DAK livery. The new V3-compatible version comes with two resolutions plus standard or mip-mapped variants. I found the stripes on the nose got a bit pixellated - even at 2048px, so re-did the lot at 4096px.

This is one of my all-time favourite aircraft in RL, so it's great to have it in P3D! Should work OK in FSX.

The file can be found here:
    http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...k-nz-warbirds/

Adam.
    Thank´s.
    nice paint......
    i work on some smoke now,here a test........

Nice smoke!! Don't overdo it, aor you'll spoil NZ's "clean and green" image! LOL!

Adam.
    XP11.50 | MSFS 2020
    Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40-4.69GHz | 8GB DDR3 | nVidia RTX2060 8GB | Win10 2004 64-bit 24Gb RAM

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski_NZ View Post
    Nice smoke!! Don't overdo it, aor you'll spoil NZ's "clean and green" image! LOL!

Adam.
    i will try........

i try to get it work only when trottle is more than 70%........., i think i get it work(p3dv3)

@ Hanimichal

Great VC textures, thank you ��

SOH-CM-2021
    Nick. Checked cfg and found already 2048x2048. I'll fiddle.

D.

SOH-CM-2023
    Benton IL. U.S.A. Ilive in country with 70 acres.

C47

I need help! I have down loaded three times, when I go to fly the C47 I can only get the inside view, I cannot switch to the out side view, and only get one paint no other? Can some one help? Thanks Lee

By the looks of the number of Mallard uploads, G-man will need to take number to get the PK uploaded!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alky View Post
    By the looks of the number of Mallard uploads, G-man will need to take number to get the PK uploaded!
    Speaking of which....

I had to wait three days, but this AM I got two skins and the PK uploaded. The two skins have the new HD bumps and spec included.
    Just waiting for admin to switch them live.
    Let the games begin.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Members who have read this thread: 9