Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 6
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131416 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy74 View Post
    Sorry Jan that still does not work for me?
    Really ?.. You did check that the 'fx_c47parajump.fx' file is in your Effects folder and the 2 'fx_para1' and -2. bmp's are in your Effects/Texture folder, did you ?

Truth is i did not try the parajumpers myself yet. In fact it's Daniel's addition and he's on holidays atm.

I'll try it asap and let you know.

cheers,
    jan

Hi
    Just wanted to say a big thanks to the team who made this fantastic add on.
    The DC3 C47 is one of me favourite aircraft and now we have a quality add on.

Thanks to all.

Bob

hat off,chapeau,a la bon heure,kotai

What a plane getting better and better

Try latest bare metal paint of TuFun(Here in libary) and you see all the beauty and lines of the plane in the reflecting scenery on the plane

What an experience

Roland

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Really ?.. You did check that the 'fx_c47parajump.fx' file is in your Effects folder and the 2 'fx_para1' and -2. bmp's are in your Effects/Texture folder, did you ?

Truth is i did not try the parajumpers myself yet. In fact it's Daniel's addition and he's on holidays atm.

I'll try it asap and let you know.

cheers,
    jan

Work in FSX only

Cheers
    Ralf

Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    Jan,

I am so grateful that you came out of retirement to do the VVC. It is a master piece. I feel totally emerged every time I step in to the cockpit.
    Thank you, Manfred.

Only thing missing is the smell, and I tried an old pair of unwashed socks, but that didn't quite do it
    Here you go, Manfred : http://www.daleair.com/aromas/transport

Works a treat when i swap my virtual flying cap for a steam-engine driver's hat every now and then.

Ok, no typical vintage cockpit aroma yet but i did tell them about a vast community outthere who, on top of the visual and audio aspect, is eagerly waiting to get their noses involved into a virtual flying immersion as well. That's about two years ago... If i were Daleair i'd be on it like a fly on a turd ( believe it or not (check it out if not) while they don't offer aircraft cockpit aroma they do have pinguin droppings aroma amongst their vast collection ! )

cheers,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by Javis View Post
    Thank you, Manfred.

cheers,
    jan
    I'm sorry for that!

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I just wanted to add my immense gratitude to everyone who had a hand in the C47/DC3 project. This airplane has, in a couple of short days, soared to the top of my "favourites" list and has, at the very least, re-invigorated my interest in FSX. I've been in flight simming since the Sub-LOGIC (early) days and I know what kind of effort something like this takes. To share this gratis with the community reminds me of the good old days of FS, but is far, far beyond (in quality) anything I've experienced in those said "good old days". Thank you very, very much indeed. We are all deeply in your debt.

Glenn

Thank you and well done for the C47 version 3. Jan VisserManfred JahnTed WolfgangAlexander MetzgerHansjorg NageleDaniel GauthierRobert KerrTim ScharnhopMike CyulDave KingshottIan WarrenJakob Nielsen Tom HarnishKate ListerPhil HopkinsNick CooperRalf ScholtenGordon MadisonAlan AmpolskScott HarmesOlge Tr andTom EarlAn astonishingly good piece of work and collaborative communal flight simulator effort. Amazing what can be achieved by such work. Thanks for bringing the C-47/DC3 into the 21st Century and FSX/P3D.

un grand merci à toute votre équipe pour nous avoir donné cette little bijou.

Just a thank-you for a superb C-47 .

DCA0064

Absolutely fantastic aircraft!
    Thank you for all of the hours it took to create this masterpiece!

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Just a note on the sounds: I tested in FSX and P3D and noticed no difference in sounds in either, although my sound settings are the same in both sims.

Might I point out the way that Ted managed the sounds to replicate the way engines sound when changing throttle settings without changing prop settings? Not only did he faithfully capture the wonderful tones of these Wasp engines, but he managed to capture the sound dynamics of variable prop aircraft in a way most simulations do not.

Superb work, Ted.

SOH-CM-2021
    After two days of trying, I eventually managed to download and install it in both FSX and Steam. One thing I'm finding, is that some of the cockpit texture are grainy, especially when moving my eyepoint around the cockpit, and some of the writing is indistinct unless I zoom right in. This is in no way a criticism of the model, and it may well be down to one of my settings. So if anybody can give me some helpful advice, I'd be very grateful. Please don't say "should've gone to Specsavers"!

I found that it's easier to trim the aircraft by using throttle settings, rather than using the trim wheel. No problems flying it, and I'm enjoying the experience, so many thanks to all concerned.

Dennis.

Thanks to all for such a beautiful aircraft. I'm not a huge DC-3 fan but this cockpit will probably convert me.

As VP On-Line Flying at DC3 Airways it was obviously an immense pleasure to finally see the latest version of the C47 arrive. We at DC3 Airways fly only the DC3 and it's derivitives and also (rarely) the DC4. To have such a wonderful virtual aircraft to fly, be it P3D or FSX, with it's retro virtual cockpit, wonderful sounds and textures etc. is a fantastic addition to the immersion that I always try to engage in, especially when re-enacting WW2 events such as Market Garden which we intend to do this September.

Many, many thanks to the team and the testers for all the many hours of hard work the past 2-3 years and for providing the flight sim community with such an outstanding product and at an unbeatable price.

Kudos to you all and I personally look forward to many years of flying this wonderful aircraft and getting "as real as it gets" in my simming.

Glen Broome
    DC3 Airways

this for sure is one of those fsx releases that is going to go down in the annals of fsx. 10 year from now people will recall this development/release as i have done with milton shupe aero commander.

jan you and the team have created an absolute masterpiece. thank you we are very much indebted to you and your team.

it's going to have a very special place in my hanger

The One most Important event in The FSX world..Revitalizing a very Old sim in many a year...Thnx to all those Who gave Us this wonderful gift..Labor of love!

Quote Originally Posted by 511Flyer View Post
    After two days of trying, I eventually managed to download and install it in both FSX and Steam. One thing I'm finding, is that some of the cockpit texture are grainy, especially when moving my eyepoint around the cockpit, and some of the writing is indistinct unless I zoom right in. This is in no way a criticism of the model, and it may well be down to one of my settings. So if anybody can give me some helpful advice, I'd be very grateful. Please don't say "should've gone to Specsavers"!
    I found that it's easier to trim the aircraft by using throttle settings, rather than using the trim wheel. No problems flying it, and I'm enjoying the experience, so many thanks to all concerned.

Dennis.
    Hello Dennis,

The textures are 2048x2048, it might help if you increase your TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= to 2048 as well.
    You might also like to open the doors, switch on the interphone, press Shift+7, click the three No to three Yes and meet some new friends.

Regards,
    Nick

Hello gray eagle,
    The file is, as I mentioned, in the FSX\P3D default sound folder.
    It has nothing to do with the C 47.
    However, if you still can't find it, I have attached a copy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,
    Nick

soundai doesn't work

Hi,
    First of all thank you for this wonderful present!

A very little problem is the soundai folder. It doesn't work for native FSX DC-3 AI and it doesn't work with the new folder (because it is the same!). The sound of the C-47 is very wonderful - but not vor AI's. I know this issue touches only a few people. I think it would be better to get rid of this folder. You only hear the normal monotone voice of a lawn mower
    Best wishes and happy landings
    Christian

Thank you

Hi all,

I downloaded the other day, no issues for me.

I have only managed to fly a few circuits at present, but I am so very impressed with this amazing creation. The functionality of the menu's and Virtual Cockpit remind me of the DC2 that was available a while back..............It is so wonderful to have a new DC3 in the hangers of our virtual worlds.

So I wanted to say a huge great big thank you to everyone involved in any way in creating this amazingly wonderful DC3. You have all created a true masterpiece.

Now looking forward to many wonderful repaints!

Thankyou.
    Happy Flying.

David Phillips

Jan thanks to allow repaints, this will enrich further this gem

I was unable to upload here in sim-outhouse then i sent to Flightsim and Simviation

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2016-7-24_16-45-53-521.jpg   2016-7-24_16-46-5-242.jpg   2016-7-24_16-46-14-11.jpg   2016-7-24_16-46-39-285.jpg  

Looks great Hanimichal, thanks for your effort. This VC version would really suit your C47v2 'American' paint...one of my favorites for v2.
    I really hope you will consider redoing this paint in 4096, to include the new engine textures, once the new paint kit is available.

Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Great news!!!

Congratulations to the whole team. I cannot wait until I get back from holiday here on the Baltic Coast to check her out...

Andrew Entwistle
    Per Ardua ad Astra

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    First thanks for masterpiece

I don't know if repaints is allowed but I did this for my own civilian flight
    (click in image if want see larger)

I would love to have this cockpit mod!

Members who have read this thread: 9