Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released - Page 13
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast

Thread: Douglas C-47 V3 Beta Released

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Thank you Hanimichal. Coming from you that is indeed a compliment.
    I don't fly FSX any longer, but still keep FSX ST installed for beta testing aircraft and scenery.

These shots are taken in ST, using the same setup as in P3D, time of day, location, light direction etc. These are DX10 for comparison, but I'll post up some DX9 shots too.
    I asked you this because I notice not only a realistic colors but also an excellent treatment of shadows so I wanted to see what is painting without game/platform effects

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    I asked you this because I notice not only a realistic colors but also an excellent treatment of shadows so I wanted to see what is painting without game/platform effects
    I've actually baked in certain highlights and shadows, i.e. on the seat bucket under the armrest or on the fresh air hose over the windshield. Just very subtle additions with black using overlay brush.
    The DX10 in ST renders shadows fairly well in the VC, so you don't have to have two sets of art...one for FSX...one for P3D.

I'm experimenting with texture/alpha, bump/alpha and spec/alpha to develop the light. You can see it works well in ST.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Hi,
    please how can I get rid of the blocks? I didn't find any hints in the manual!
    Thanks
    Best wishes and happy landings
    Christian

Press shift-7 and in the menu you will find the chocks and steps.

Cheers Chris

Thank you very much; my English isn't so good as it should be and the word "chock" wasn't in my german- english dictionary (I found it now in the english-german)
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    Press shift-7 and in the menu you will find the chocks and steps.

Cheers Chris
    Hi, it's not so easy: In my case I have to press shift-4 (not 7) and this works obviously not with a new texture. I made with great difficulties a new texture (I never worked with a paint kit before) and the chucks remain, clicking set or off. It looks seldom flying with chucks inthe air
    Edit: Excuse me, but sometime it works! Oh,Oh this FSX!
    Christian

Hello!
    That's my first post here, but it was necessary to thank the glorious team behind this project for such an awesome piece of art. I hate taildraggers, but you converted me...chapeau!

My painting skills are non-existant, but I added some modifications to the code - like a simulated copilot, that roughly and sluggishly holds the course and altitude. This still has the feeling of hand flying this beauty compared against an autopilot.

Plus some other enhancements...

If you're interested give me a shout ;-)

Blog Entries
    For Hanimichal, these are FSX ST DX9. Bloom and lens flare enabled.

Using very mild alpha channel for the texture layers to develop a bit of gloss in the metals and leather where appropriate. Also bump alpha and spec alpha throw some light too.
    The color work is consistent enough to use in all three simulators. Texture/alpha and bump/alpha develop the reflection intensity while spec/alpha are more for controlling the color of the thrown light.

Looking closely at these shots, I can see that I want to reduce the bump map height for the leather, and lighten up the bump alpha by about 30%. That should give the leather a softer look while still reflecting skin oil and typical grime.

FSX ST DX9

He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I will add 2 cents from my side for "Skytrain".

The repaint with bigger weathering effects and Hi-Res in the final incoming. It will be II WW RAF skin "Spirit of Ostra Brama" http://www.samolotypolskie.pl/upload...kota_src_2.jpg , http://www.shinden.org/av_hist/planes/c_47/08.jpg .

WiP.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Using very mild alpha channel for the texture layers to develop a bit of gloss in the metals and leather where appropriate. Also bump alpha and spec alpha throw some light too.
    The color work is consistent enough to use in all three simulators. Texture/alpha and bump/alpha develop the reflection intensity while spec/alpha are more for controlling the color of the thrown light.

Looking closely at these shots, I can see that I want to reduce the bump map height for the leather, and lighten up the bump alpha by about 30%. That should give the leather a softer look while still reflecting skin oil and typical grime.

FSX ST DX9

very impressive sir
    and thanks for that

Where exactly can I get those cockpit textures..absolutely beautiful!!

Second question...any chance there's a repainter here Willing to do 50819 NATS in the original grey paint? I knows there's a beautiful repaint of it already in polished aluminum.
    This is what I'm hoping for..a highly detailed repaint in her original paint...

http://www.maam.org/airshow/images/r4d_exterior.jpg

FSX ST DX9

Wow Gman, those screen grabs are stunning! I'm a retired cinematographer and I hate most 3D CGI effects in movies, but your shots look like beautiful photographs. I wouldn't mind having a couple of them framed for my man-cave.

While not as dramatic as yours, here's a couple from a short ferry flight today from Fox Field to Camarillo.

Obie

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OB3_WJF_CMA.jpg   OB3_cockpit.jpg   OB3_CMA_shortfinal.jpg  
    Last edited by Obie311; July 28th, 2016 at 23:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanimichal View Post
    very impressive sir
    and thanks for that

Stunning !!

Incredible aircraft gentlemen! Wow! Really enjoying flying this aircraft, very immersive. Thank you.

Only one hick-up for me so far. I can't seem to get rid of the chocks. I turn them off on the control panel. And release parking brake via keyboard, but they visually are still attached to tires.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks again guys,
    Doc

Hi, see posting #306

For me I have to start with a texture from the original package; than you can change to a new texture and than you can handle with the chocks. Don't ask me why!
    Christian

Quote Originally Posted by NAVY DOC View Post
    Incredible aircraft gentlemen! Wow! Really enjoying flying this aircraft, very immersive. Thank you.

Only one hick-up for me so far. I can't seem to get rid of the chocks. I turn them off on the control panel. And release parking brake via keyboard, but they visually are still attached to tires.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks again guys,
    Doc
    Quote Originally Posted by flattermann View Post
    Hi, see posting #306

For me I have to start with a texture from the original package; than you can change to a new texture and than you can handle with the chocks. Don't ask me why!
    Go to /panel/C47 and open Sim_C47.xml

Then add this at the very bottom, just above "</Gauge>":

Code:
    <Element><Select><Value>
    (L:C97_chocks, bool) 1 ==
    if{ (A:Brake parking position, bool) ! if{ 0 (>L:C97_chocks, bool) } }

(A:EXIT OPEN:2, Percent Over 100) 0 &gt; (>L:C97_steps, bool)
    </Value></Select></Element>
    That also triggers the steps when you open "Exit 3". At least for me before nothing happend when I hit Shift+E+3...

Startup smoke in DX10 mode

The startup smoke effects dont work in dx10 mode in FSX...

anyone else have this issue?

cheers

Janick

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I will add 2 cents from my side for "Skytrain".

The repaint with bigger weathering effects and Hi-Res in the final incoming. It will be II WW RAF skin "Spirit of Ostra Brama" http://www.samolotypolskie.pl/upload...kota_src_2.jpg , http://www.shinden.org/av_hist/planes/c_47/08.jpg .
    Like dirties ? WiP still, some of progress :

Last edited by YoYo; July 29th, 2016 at 07:03.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Pretty much ready to give up looking for this elusive paint kit. I put "MJJV C-47 Paintkit.zip" in the search box for the library and still cannot find it.

Thanks, also need to know if this livery has already been done (would like to do it but don't want to duplicate others work).

Bush Air Cargo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c47a.jpg   c47b.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Verto6 View Post
    Go to /panel/C47 and open Sim_C47.xml

Then add this at the very bottom, just above "":

Code:
    <element><select>(L:C97_chocks, bool) 1 ==if{ (A:Brake parking position, bool) ! if{ 0 (>L:C97_chocks, bool) } }(A:EXIT OPEN:2, Percent Over 100) 0 > (>L:C97_steps, bool)</select></element>
    That also triggers the steps when you open "Exit 3". At least for me before nothing happend when I hit Shift+E+3...
    Sorry, but this doesn't work in my case (with the new texture). Maybe because I use a transformed texture from Douglas_C-47_V2.
    Christian

SOH-CM-2018
    I flew the C-47 V3 for the first time yesterday from KIPT to KMDT and I must say "Well Done" and "thanks so much" to the team. It is a visually stunning plane both inside and out. I also find it a dream to fly! I find a lot of planes are difficult to trim but this is so easy that it makes hands off flying so easy and enjoyable. My favorite C-47 used to be MAAM-Sim's RD4, but I have had it for so long ( I can't even remember how long) but the V3 has definitely replaced it. I am sure that I will have many, many hours of enjoyment from this wonderful gift. Thank you!

First Time Flying V3

Last night I had an opportunity to install my V3 into FSX. Set a flight from my NAS Alameda to NAS North Island. Lined up on "31" out of Alameda after finishing the takeoff checklist with Ernie and off we went. What a joy to fly. I qualified as a virtual DC-3 pilot over at DC3 Airways a year or so ago with V2 which is really nice but used the 2D cockpit as I have with all other aircraft until I started flying the A2A B-17G with the 91st Bomb Group in the 401st Bomb Squadron last year. The A2A ONLY has a Virtual cockpit so I got used to working with it and this cockpit is as good and responsive as well as beautiful. I have to work on my Christian Radio program for next week today, but I will have another chance to fly later and will take some screen shots to post here. Here is a mod I made last night to share courtesy of Gypsy Baron over at the 91st who created it and which I have used so may times after adding to the B17. I tested it yesterday. It works perfectly in the C-47. If you want to try it, backup your aircraft.cfg and add these lines replacing the original //External views (this is how I did it anyway):

Code:
    //External views
    [Cameradefinition.1]
    Title=Landing Gear
    Guid = {96873AAD-621B-4C45-8A58-DEF7B7FCB051}
    Description = View of the landing gear and left wing inboard flaps
    Origin = Center
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.7
    ShowWeather = Yes
    InitialXyz = -2.2, -1.2, -10
    InitialPbh = 0, 0, 13
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    Category=Aircraft
    MomentumEffect=TRUE
    ClipMode=Minimum

[Cameradefinition.2]
    Title=Right Wing
    Guid = {C690EAFD-223A-42d0-99E0-681ADF93BB59}
    Description = View from the right wing tip looking at the cockpit
    Origin = Center
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.7
    ShowWeather = Yes
    InitialXyz = 25, 0.7, 0.0
    InitialPbh = 8, 0, 270
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    Category=Aircraft
    MomentumEffect = FALSE
    ClipMode=Minimum

[Cameradefinition.3]
    Title=Tail
    Guid = {5c1df273-034b-4e7f-953a-9d5e26f1646c}
    Description = Looking forward from behind the aircraft
    Origin = Center
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.7
    ShowWeather = Yes
    InitialXyz = 0, 7.5, -30.0
    InitialPbh = 10, 0, 0
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    Category=Aircraft
    MomentumEffect=TRUE
    ClipMode=Minimum

[Cameradefinition.4]
    Title=Left Wing
    Guid = {f25dfa2e-fd2e-4b89-81e2-0575cbcb60de}
    Description = View from the left wing tip looking at the cockpit
    Origin = Center
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.7
    ShowWeather = Yes
    InitialXyz = -25, 0.7, 0.0
    InitialPbh = 8, 0, 90
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    Category=Aircraft
    MomentumEffect = No
    ClipMode=Minimum

[Cameradefinition.5]
    Title=Nose
    Guid = {C2EC6ED1-81B4-4e50-B8E2-C4AB54853834}
    Description = Looking forward from behind the aircraft
    Origin = Center
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = FALSE
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.7
    ShowWeather = Yes
    InitialXyz = 0, 0, 20
    InitialPbh = 0, 0, 180
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    Category=Aircraft
    MomentumEffect=TRUE
    ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.001]
    Title = "Right Seat"
    Guid = {8ff6c134-098d-409f-baec-caba3f683f98}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = YES
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.5
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=100
    HeadingPanRate=100
    InitialXyz=0.8533983, 0.0, 0.0
    InitialPbh=0, 0, 0
    HotKeySelect=5

[CameraDefinition.002]
    Title = "Center Panel"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-2E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = YES
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = YES
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = .4
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=100
    HeadingPanRate=100
    InitialXyz=0.4, 0.0, 0.0
    InitialPbh=5, 0, 0
    HotKeySelect=6

[CameraDefinition.003]
    Title = "Engine Controls"
    Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-3E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}
    Origin = Virtual Cockpit
    MomentumEffect = YES
    SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
    SnapPbhReturn = False
    PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
    PanPbhReturn = False
    Track = None
    ShowAxis = FALSE
    AllowZoom = TRUE
    InitialZoom = 0.4
    SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
    ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
    ShowWeather = Yes
    XyzAdjust = TRUE
    ShowLensFlare=FALSE
    Category = Cockpit
    PitchPanRate=100
    HeadingPanRate=100
    InitialXyz=0.4, 0, 0
    InitialPbh=50, 0, 0
    HotKeySelect=7]
    I had to change the External View numbers from 001-005 to 1-5 not to conflict. It really works great to be able to just press the 5 key and go right into the copilot seat or 7 and look right at the engine controls especially when starting the engines. These hotkeys don't conflict with the ones programmed into the original panel which are 2,3 and 4 also. Hotkey 6 zeros in on the center panel. {F9} and {CTRL} {SPACE} takes you back to the pilot side for those who are not familiar with VC's as I was not until I started flying with the most friendly and very helpful guys at the 91st. My poor ol' computer was not able to handle the large Multiplayer flights and just flying by myself or with one or two others got old after a while when I couldn't fly any of the missions with the other guys without the computer freezing up and dropping me out. Great Virtual Group!

Thanks to everyone who created and shared this fantastic aircraft with all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by flattermann View Post
    Sorry, but this doesn't work in my case (with the new texture). Maybe because I use a transformed texture from Douglas_C-47_V2.
    Did you try it?

I don't know, how you add a texture, but this usually doesn't have anything to do with a texture at all...

(The chocks don't care which colour they are painted. They only care about the code that tells them "visible" or "not visible". Thus I provided the fix for the code.)

Members who have read this thread: 6