A2A Miss Helen

Thread: A2A Miss Helen

A2A Miss Helen

Shes recently retuned to the skies and I was just wondering if anyone would be able to do a repaint for the WOP3/Accu-Sim Mustang.

The WBS Mustangs are currently 50% off in the 4th July sales. Nip over and get one then you can add JT's superb Miss Helen paint for free

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    The WBS Mustangs are currently 50% off in the 4th July sales. Nip over and get one then you can add JT's superb Miss Helen paint for free

ATB
    DaveB
    I tend to once I have an aircraft for FSX I wont go and grab another model. I mean come on when it comes to the A2A model why would you look else where.

I would agree that A2A P-51D is a lovely model (I have lost count of the repaints I have for it!), but the A2A model has it's faults, and the WBS P-51s are by far the most accurate,authentic, and detailed representation in terms of their visual modeling, in any sim to date.

(That said, I too wouldn't mind a good 'Miss Helen' repaint for the A2A models).

There is something for everyone with the WBS packages in terms of picking a P-51D from a production block (or blocks), with many variants and their individual or unique detailing, and that means a model that will most likely suit a specific repaint.

(Don't forget, for the first time in any sim, we have a P-51D-5, exactly the variant that would have been operational during early 1944, and of course D-Day).

As as been pointed out elsewhere, the A2A is a lovely 'generic' late model P-51D, in which the Accusim add-on (a must), is really the key feature, and the principle reason for purchasing it IMHO.

In a nutshell, pretty much all the production blocks are covered with the WBS packages (even including specific aircraft differences), so there is something for everyone there.

And I've got to say, it's been great learning the history of the D model blocks, with all the unique differences and variations - a real treat, and one of the great things about flight simulation.

I've always been tempted to pick up the 'Mustang Tales' and the other 'Little Friends' package to complete my WBS P-51 collection, but along with the two A2A packages, I've got more Mustangs (plus all the extra repaints that go with both companies products) to keep me in Mustangs for a long time to come!

Cheers

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bradburger View Post
    I would agree that A2A P-51D is a lovely model (I have lost count of the repaints I have for it!), but the A2A model has it's faults, and the WBS P-51s are by far the most accurate,authentic, and detailed representation in terms of their visual modeling, in any sim to date.

(That said, I too wouldn't mind a good 'Miss Helen' repaint for the A2A models).

There is something for everyone with the WBS packages in terms of picking a P-51D from a production block (or blocks), with many variants and their individual or unique detailing, and that means a model that will most likely suit a specific repaint.

(Don't forget, for the first time in any sim, we have a P-51D-5, exactly the variant that would have been operational during early 1944, and of course D-Day).

As as been pointed out elsewhere, the A2A is a lovely 'generic' late model P-51D, in which the Accusim add-on (a must), is really the key feature, and the principle reason for purchasing it IMHO.

In a nutshell, pretty much all the production blocks are covered with the WBS packages (even including specific aircraft differences), so there is something for everyone there.

And I've got to say, it's been great learning the history of the D model blocks, with all the unique differences and variations - a real treat, and one of the great things about flight simulation.

I've always been tempted to pick up the 'Mustang Tales' and the other 'Little Friends' package to complete my WBS P-51 collection, but along with the two A2A packages, I've got more Mustangs (plus all the extra repaints that go with both companies products) to keep me in Mustangs for a long time to come!

Cheers

Paul
    I have watched a video of the WBS model and I will admit it does look like a fantastic model. I never knew it came with all the variants though.

Grab it Tom. You'll never go back ..
    VFR Simulations
    www.vfrsim.com

FYI (or anyone else's) here's the link to the WBS P-51D/K products currently available: -

http://www.warbirdsim.com/Store.do?s...ory&category=1

Detailed descriptions of each package can be found by clicking their links.

Cheers

Paul

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    You can never have too many Mustangs regardless of the model. I have both the A2A and WBS but tend to fly the WBS model more as I find repainting them easier.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

And here's a link to PCA's 4th July sale so you can add to basket.. http://www.pcaviator.com/store/home.php?cat=744

ATB
    DaveB

Quote Originally Posted by fsxar177 View Post
    Grab it Tom. You'll never go back ..
    It does look good and I understand it has more variants to choose from but as I said to Dave I already have the A2A model. The thing is with me if im looking for a certain aircraft for FSX I always go for a model of it that I think looks the best and when looking for the Mustang it was between the WBS and A2A versions. I got the A2A one and recently got Accu-Sim for it and I really enjoy flying it cant keep my hands off the thing so I dont really want to go and purchase an aircraft that I already have if you understand where im coming from. Plus the D variant is my favourite.

Members who have read this thread: 0