BPD WIP for FSX/P3D - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BPD WIP for FSX/P3D

Quote Originally Posted by Airtrooper View Post
    Actually they're A1 size!
    Those are some excellent drawings Andy. I would very much like to have them for my collection. No rush, just when you have some spare time. I can translate the Polish. Thanks for digging them up.

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

A little more help from my friends

I have been working on the FDs, disastrous at first. I was finally able to bring her up to 16,000 ft. optimum cruise altitude without burning up the engine and maintaining level flight but less than cruising speed and engine temperature a bit high. I have almost all the specifications spot on for weight and surface areas. The engine tuning needs more tweaking. So at this point I'm ready to make the 3d gauges and coding. This will help me a lot on the performance tweaking of the FDs.
    My request is for good images of vintage gauges and the manufacturers of such gauges. Once I model some of the 3d gauges and code them it should give me a better understanding of what is happening in the systems.
    Some of the gauges are similar to those found in Spits and Hurricanes. I've done quite a bit of searching but I thought there may be a few of you who may have links to good resources that may not be so easy to find.
    Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.

Paul

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

Paul, I found spifirespares.co.uk full of instrument photos last time I was working on a VC. They didn't like you saving their photos from a right-click but there are ways around that.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Do you have the type numbers or marks of the gauges? My Fokkers use some British gauges.
    dutcheeseblend.blogspot.nl

Living by the grace of our Lord

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Paul, I found spifirespares.co.uk full of instrument photos last time I was working on a VC. They didn't like you saving their photos from a right-click but there are ways around that.
    Oh yes I did find this site and grabbed some images, shuuu... Be berry berry quiet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutcheeseblend View Post
    Do you have the type numbers or marks of the gauges? My Fokkers use some British gauges.
    That's the problem. The images from such data as the pilot's notes are so poor that it is impossible to read the manufacturer's engraving. I found in the past that if you can identify the manufacturer you have a much better chance of finding the proper gauge.

Paul "Mechanic" Domingue
    Maximum 3ds Maximus

Members who have read this thread: 0