Wanted! Royal Navy Observer Trainer for FSX.

Thread: Wanted! Royal Navy Observer Trainer for FSX.

Wanted! Royal Navy Observer Trainer for FSX.

Hi Guys,

There's a HUGE gap in the FSX Royal Navy Hangar, can anyone fill it?

Namely, the Handley Page Jetstream T-2 Observer Trainer. It's unlike any of the civilian versions available both in appearance and sound!
    Due in no small part to the 965hp Turbomeca Astazou XVI turboprop engines; and it's nose mounted radar.

I was told that there might have been one around years and years ago, but I have been unable to find it anywhere!

Is there anyone who can shed some light on the subject or better still have one that's available? (Or if not be willing to start one?)

Here's hoping!

Cheers for now,

ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Like this you mean?

It's Rick Pipers beta model. It was about 85-90% done, but never finished and released.

WOW! She's beautiful!

Yes Dave that's EXACTLY what I was meaning; it looks complete to me, does it fly?

Do you think Rick can be persuaded to put in the finishing touches and release her, it seems such an awful shame to have created such a lovely aircraft and not to bring it to completion! The high quality of his work is certainly much in evidence!

Cheers for now,

ChipShop

Hey Dave,

I can't get over just how good that T-2 looks; the Astazou engines are spot on and the radome, Fantastic!

These aircraft used to fly directly over my house (up until 2011 when they were decommissioned), sometimes 3 or 4 at a time, on most flyable days.
    They would use a roundabout a mile away from me as one of their way markers during VFR flights!
    Gosh, it'd be great to recreate those days again, and to hear those engines too!

ChipShop

It flies fine. I believe the exterior is just about finished, it's the VC where most of the work needs to be done, although saying that it's usable as it is.
    Pity Rick didn't finish it. Maybe one day!

BTW, there's more pics in this thread over at CBFS. http://www.cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/view...hp?f=1&t=18849

Did Rick also consider a Jetstream 31 as an offshoot?

. . .Posted by Rick, Feb 7, 2016 in response to finishing this one:

"I still have all the source files for everything I built.
    One day I hope to get back to where I was.
    Regards
    Rick"

Does not sound like it will be any time in the near future.

Well Dave, I've just seen the CBFS screenshots and she looks fabulous! That 2010 vintage VC looks better than many payware aircraft available now!

That's made me want one all the more now!

If you're reading this Rick, PLEASE rekindle this little beauty; she deserves it!

Here's hoping in anticipation of a favourable response, and still keeping the faith,

Cheers for now,

ChipShop

There's always this one from Premier Aircraft Design - they may not be producing anything new but all their aircraft and repaints are still available for download.

http://www.premaircraft.com/jetstream31/index.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Navy.jpg  

Thanks for the idea Gandalf; I'll take a look at that one, but the T3 version just isn't the same as the T2 both in sound or appearance!

Let's just hope dear old uncle Rick will able to release his lovely T2 before too long!

ChipShop

Quote Originally Posted by ChipShop View Post
    Thanks for the idea Gandalf; I'll take a look at that one, but the T3 version just isn't the same as the T2 both in sound or appearance!
    Let's just hope dear old uncle Rick will able to release his lovely T2 before too long!
    ChipShop
    Did you not read my post above. . .short and sweet quote from Rick. I know you really, really want a T2 and not a T3, but his short message posted in February says "some day", not "maybe in the next few months". We all have models that were started by developers that we wish would be completed so we'd have what we want, some look so complete that we can't fathom why they haven't been released, but it happens. . .developers get burned out and step away, sometimes for months, sometimes much longer than that. . .some don't ever come back. So unless you have a contact for Rick and can ask him directly, I would go by what he said, which sounds more like a long hiatus to me. You just might want to try the T3 and just pretend you have a T2.

Yes falcon, I did read what you put; I quite simply hoped that things might have changed that's all!

As for T3s and T2s, I did try the T3, but it didn't appeal to me!

Not to worry though,

All the best,

ChipShop

Members who have read this thread: 0