Orbx
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orbx

Orbx

Anybody else having trouble getting in to ORBX?

Yes Bruce, in fact every time I click on my shortcut it wants to download 4 gig of forums?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes Bruce, in fact every time I click on my shortcut it wants to download 4 gig of forums?
    Thanks Roger, same problem here FTX Central says it's downloading but nothing seems to be happening.
    Just wanted to check Sp5 for EU England.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Both the ORBX and OZx forums are giving me the same message. Wanting me to download something.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Orbx Download

I also get an instant download whenever I have tried either the FTX website or the Orbx Forums. I have deleted and not opened the downloaded files.

Bill

Same thing happening here.
    Anthin.

SOH-CM-2020
    All of the above happening for several days now - the OZx site has virtually "sent me to Coventry" since Feb 2016 (read, download but no posting) - the ORBX site very slow to load, if accessible, then posts taking ages to be accepted and then duplicated - now both sites and FTX Central want to download a php.file.

I think the forum software on both sites was always seriously flawed since the last "upgrade" and now it seems they have been "hacked" sadly. A great shame.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Same here but d/l'ed central update. Now no orbx scenery. Something is amiss down under me thinks

I get a pop up asking what program will I use to open. I see now they are "Under maintenance , moving site " . I feel they have been attacked too , maybe.

My bookmark link wants me to download a php file called index.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Thanks for the heads up everyone. Personally, I wouldn't download or open up anything from the
    Orbx site until the dust clears.

I did go into FTX Central, and before it could download anything (there was an alert at the top saying
    there was an up date for FTX Central to be downloaded), I activated FTX Global in Hybrid mode,
    and quickly got out again.

The FTX Global Hybrid mode should let me fly in any Orbx area with only a slight loss of autogen,
    and not have to go back into FTX Central to change anything.

I guess we now wait for further announcements. Hopefully everything will be fixed by tomorrow.

Thanks - Rob

Quote Originally Posted by b52bob View Post
    Same here but d/l'ed central update. Now no orbx scenery. Something is amiss down under me thinks
    Thats how it's supposed to be after the new unified update. No more switching reagions if you did the "migration" which FTX Central wants you to do afterwards.
    EDIT: Ok maybe I missread your statement. In FTX Central you should still be able to see the installed regions and airports. There is just no "activate" button anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    I get a pop up asking what program will I use to open. I see now they are "Under maintenance , moving site " . I feel they have been attacked too , maybe.
    I followed up and from JK ,

Yes major server move happening

--
    With kind regards,

Jay

Seems ok again now.

Quote Originally Posted by dhasdell View Post
    Seems ok again now.
    Thank you it seems to be o.k. now, just updated new version of Orbx libs and other stuff also updated.

Strange - I just tried again and get:
    Internal Server Error

I got this same message on Sunday David; I left it for a while and it eventually sorted itself out.
    Just looked again now, and have the '500 Internal Server Error' message again!
    Seems like they've still got troubles!
    ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

I was on OrbX's site an hour ago with no problems, but am not confronted with the server error as well They must still be having problems.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Thompson View Post
    Thank you it seems to be o.k. now, just updated new version of Orbx libs and other stuff also updated.

Still working here.

It has updated FTX Central 2 so that all regions are active all the time, only time you need to use it is when you add new scenery files.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Thompson View Post
    Still working here.

It has updated FTX Central 2 so that all regions are active all the time, only time you need to use it is when you add new scenery files.
    I think you can also use it for some automatic updates and to check if any of your add-ons require an updated download as well. I love the unified system.

They haven't been hacked. They're migrating the servers. It's been going on since Friday, off and on.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I think you can also use it for some automatic updates and to check if any of your add-ons require an updated download as well. I love the unified system.
    Thanks for pointing that out Sundog, I also like this unified system.

If thay are doing internal reorganisation of their website, perhaps they could have mentioned it elsewhere, e.g. on their Facebook page?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Thanks for the 'heads-up' Sue!
    I have to agree with 'thefrog'; some prior warning of pending changes and interruption of normal service would have been quite helpful!
    Anyhow, it'll be great to see them back up to full speed!
    ChipShop

Here's what the Orbx CEO has to say on the ORBX FTX forum:-
    [QUOTE]We're still using Jay's hosting infrastructure and the operations centre is migrating a bunch of their servers. Expect more outages through this week.

We will be moving to our own hosting providers soon as well as announcing other initiatives later this month.

Apologies for the interruption to our service.[QUOTE]

ChipShop

Members who have read this thread: 0