Orbx

Thread: Orbx

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Thompson View Post
    Thank you it seems to be o.k. now, just updated new version of Orbx libs and other stuff also updated.

Still working here.

It has updated FTX Central 2 so that all regions are active all the time, only time you need to use it is when you add new scenery files.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Thompson View Post
    Still working here.

It has updated FTX Central 2 so that all regions are active all the time, only time you need to use it is when you add new scenery files.
    I think you can also use it for some automatic updates and to check if any of your add-ons require an updated download as well. I love the unified system.

They haven't been hacked. They're migrating the servers. It's been going on since Friday, off and on.
    Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I think you can also use it for some automatic updates and to check if any of your add-ons require an updated download as well. I love the unified system.
    Thanks for pointing that out Sundog, I also like this unified system.

If thay are doing internal reorganisation of their website, perhaps they could have mentioned it elsewhere, e.g. on their Facebook page?
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Thanks for the 'heads-up' Sue!
    I have to agree with 'thefrog'; some prior warning of pending changes and interruption of normal service would have been quite helpful!
    Anyhow, it'll be great to see them back up to full speed!
    ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

Here's what the Orbx CEO has to say on the ORBX FTX forum:-
    [QUOTE]We're still using Jay's hosting infrastructure and the operations centre is migrating a bunch of their servers. Expect more outages through this week.

We will be moving to our own hosting providers soon as well as announcing other initiatives later this month.

Apologies for the interruption to our service.[QUOTE]

ChipShop
    'If It Isn't Broken; Then Don't Try To Fix It!'

What happened...?

I had upgraded to the new unified region FTX Central, but I just went into FTX Central to see if there were any
    new updates, there was, and it reset Central back to the way it was where you have to activate regions.

I had read of people having problems or noticing texture anomalies on the FTX forums. I was happy with it, but
    I guess FTX decided the new system wasn't quite ready for prime time.

Anyway, unless it's my PC only (always a possibility with FSX), we may be back to having to activate our Orbx
    regions again in Central, at least until FTX gets the problems sorted out.

Thanks - Rob

PS: I tried going onto the FTX forums for confirmation of the change back, but they're down again.

Members who have read this thread: 0